CHAPTER 7

Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Chanyeol’s POV

Today, all of us have a day off as all the lecturers in the university have a seminar. So, the university announces today’s classes are all cancelled. We decided to have a picnic at the Gardenia’s Park and brings Jihyo there too. She must be happy. We quickly pack some things for the picnic. D.O and I had been preparing food since early in the morning. “Does she knows that she’s going to go to the picnic with us too?”, Luhan asks me all of sudden when I’m already done checking the items. “Not yet. It’s going to be a surprise”, I answer him with delightful tone. “I’ll go get her”,Suho volunteers himself to call for Jihyo. The rest of us just shut our mouth and send Suho with our stares. We know something is up between those two but we don’t know what it is. Nevertheless, we still believes in him. I do know that all of us are now battling to win her heart. Maybe Jihyo has open her heart a little to get friendly to Suho. But it’s okay. I think I’m in a good condition with her too. I smile, as the memory from last night flash in my mind.

Song Jihyo’s POV

I was listening to my jam when suddenly I feel like someone pulls down my headphone gently and hug me from behind. I didn’t startled at all because I know who is it. I already know who is it from the scent comes from him and his firm body. It’s Junmyeon. “What are you listening to ? You don’t even hear the doorbell. I had to sneak in , you know”, Junmyeon pouts while tilting his head a little bit to have a good look at my face. “I’m sorry Jun. I just got absorbed listening to the music”, I smiles to him, sincerely. “Let’s go. We’re going for a picnic. We’ve already prepared everything”, I already got a clue when Junmyeon said to me. This must be the bad boys’ idea. “Oh, come on .. It would be fun. And I’m with you. Aren’t you happy to be with me?”, Junmyeon pleads to me, to agree with their ideas. I had to surrender too this time. Or if not, they’re going to sulk all over for a long time just for this simple matter. “let me prepare something easy”, I told Junmyeon to wait for me for a while. He then take a sit at the kitchen counter, supporting his chin with both of hands. I prepare 13 lunch box to all of us for lunch.

I walk exit my house and found that the boys already wait for me at my front house. Junmyeon then follows me right from behind me after he locks my house with his hands full with the packages of lunch box. I make a what-are-you-looking-at face to them. “Alright! Let’s go!”, Baekhyun shouts happily and grabs my hand. “Yaa!! How dare you touch her in front of us!”, all of them yell to Baekhyun but Baekhyun quickly run in a slow pace, keeping a distance between us and the other boys. Both of us lead the way to the Gardenia Park. I was being dragged by Baekhyun all the way to the park. He seems so happy that he could hold my hand. Actually I know that they’re trying to win my heart, so that I won’t be lonely. Junmyeon already told me everything about their silly ideas. I don’t really care about the whole stupid mission they’re having. All I know is I have to keep our relationship hidden from anything that could danger them. Because the truth is, I love them. They all are really a good friend.

Xiumin and Chen lays the mat they’ve brought. The boys have all sat down first. As I was trying to find a spot to sit, each of the boys keep signalling to me to sit beside them. I was confused for a while. I just keep my poker face and sit with the nearest boys with me. I sit between Junmyeon and D.O. “Ah! I knew it! I’ve always lost the bet”, Sehun grunts because I didn’t sit beside him. The other boys keep bickering while D.O and Junmyeon smile brightly. I know Junmyeon was playing along with them too. Chanyeol opens the basket they’ve brought. It’s full of foods and I love it! Junmyeonand Chan know how much I love foods but of course he wouldn’t know the real me because Chan doesn’t recognizes me yet. “Let’s have our breakfast now”, said Chanyeol while handing me a plate of sandwiches. We eat our breakfast with the companies of these guys jokes. Baekhyun with it’s so-not-impressive imitation sound of big motorcycles speeding, teasing Chanyeol with his yoda-like-ears and Chen with a camel face.

All of us are having a good times. Everyone is laughing but of course except for me. I have to maintain my poker face even though it’s hard when I’m around these silly boys. “hey, let’s play a game! How about frisbee?”, Luhan quickly pull out his frisbee from his bag. The boys nods their head in excitement,  agreeing to play the frisbee. “Hey, how about this? Jihyo is going to throw the frisbee, and whoever gets it can have a kiss on the cheek or pats the head from Jihyo. It’s either one of the two option. You can choose either one if you win”, Lay come out with this oh-so-not-brilliant idea. “Hey! That’s great! I’m going to win every round!”, Kris said with full of determination. Everyone now is more determined than before. “Wait. WHAT?!”, I suddenly speaks when all of them are busy discussing their strategy to win. My voice make all of them turn around, facing me. “It’s going to be fun. Please play with us”, Chanyeol makes his puppy eyes, again. “I didn’t say I would do that”, I said to them in a serious tone. All of them suddenly gather around me, pleading me to accept their proposal. Then I saw Junmyeon from behind of all the other boys, signalling me to just play along. “Alright. Alright. Let’s just play”, I sighs , heavily. The boys shout happily and make a group hug with me in the middle. I can’t even breathe inside these boys’ hug. I guess they’re really happy.

“Alright. Here I go”, I said, half yelled so that the boys will hear me. The boys are all in the ready position, prepared to get the frisbee. I suddenly smirked. They don’t know how far can I throw a frisbee. I’m an agent and I’m trained to throw knives, exactly to my target. Not just one, but many. Should I do that? I throw the frisbee hard, so it will fly far away. The boys scatter around the park, pushing each other, to get the frisbee. “Aaaaaaa!!! I’ve found it! I’ve found it!”, suddenly I heard a voice yelling happily approximately 200m from me. It’s Chen. He then run towards me and stands in front of me. Other boys start to gather around us. I guess, they’re waitin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter