CHAPTER 13

Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyo and Chanyeol walk hands in hands towards their house. At first, Jihyo refuse to hold hands with him, but Chanyeol keep insisting, and since it’s already midnight now, and there are hardly people around, she finally gives in. The both of them wear the bracelets, which they used to promise to never take off from their wrist. Chanyeol was smiling all the way they take a stroll while Jihyo maintains her poker face. But Chanyeol knows deep down in her heart, she was as happy as he is. Once they arrived in front of Jihyo’s house, Chanyeol turns Jihyo’s body to face him.

“Good night Jihyo. Sleep well”. Chanyeol flashes a sweetest smile to Jihyo while ruffling her hair playfully. Jihyo frowns, making Chanyeol to burst into laughter.

“Arasso. You too”. Jihyo then gets into her house without looking back. Chanyeol sends her with his stare, until she gets into her house. ‘OMG I KISS HER AND SHE KISSSES ME TOO! OMG OMG OMG!’. Chanyeol touches his lips. The lips which kisses the sweet cherry lips of Jihyo just now. He could feel he’s blushing right now. He holds his cheek with his two hands and skipping playfully to his house.

L who saw everything, even the silly Chanyeol skipping to his house, feels like his heart is bleeding more and more. L enters Jihyo’s house with a slow pace. He then saw Jihyo was gulping down water, probably tired after the walk earlier.

“Eo? L? Where did you go?”. L then goes to the fridge and gulps down the water furiously. His tears drop when he drinks the water. Jihyo saw him crying quickly takes the bottle and holds his shoulders.

“Yah Kim Myungsoo? W-What’s wrong? A-are you hurt somewhere? T-tell me”. Jihyo stutters as she was so worried of him. She never had saw L cries, and on top of that, this bad. Jihyo then hug L since he seems to can’t control his emotion right now.

“Song Jihyo”. L mutters in his sobs, in Jihyo’s hug. He does not have any energy left to hug her back. Jihyo tighten the hug, signalling him that she’s here for him.

“I’m sorry”. Jihyo was shocked to hear L apologising to her but she just keeps silent. She knows that L has more to say.

“I love you, to death. I’m really sorry”. L’s last words make Jihyo speechless. Her mind went blank. She doesn’t know how to react to L’s confession. He’s her true best friend. And she never expects that this guy would fall in love with her. L breaks the hug and looks deep into Jihyo’s eyes. He doesn’t expect her to accept him, nor to talk to him. He just wants to have a good look of his long time one sided love. His flawless face was still wet from the tears but he doesn’t care to wipe his tears from his face.

“K-Kim My-Myungs-soo”. L smiles looking at the guilty face of Jihyo. He wasn’t expecting but deep down, yeah. He wishes for a miracle. He holds Jihyo’s head and leans closer, until his forehead was against hers.

“It’s okay. I wasn’t expecting anything. I used to being hurt already”. He closed his eyes as he said those bleeding words, and ends it with a bitter giggle. Jihyo knows that L is hurting so much right now. She wishes she could help him, but she don’t know how she can help him. She too was unsure with her feelings. Whether she was in love with Chanyeol, or just a mere crush. Besides, she never gives a chance for her to fall in love with anyone. It would risk the ordinary people’s life like Chanyeol. But L, yeah, he is an agent himself, so the situation is different. She’s now stuck between these two guys. L then gets up first. He then held out his hand to help Jihyo stands up. He looks to Jihyo with a bitter smile before going to his room. Jihyo saw his eyes were getting teary, but she didn’t stop him. ‘Did he cry because he, l-loves me so much? I don’t know what to feel. It feels, weird’. Jihyo then walks to her room, soullessly. She didn’t know that Mino was watching the two of them all this time. He then closes his door slowly and lays on his bed. ‘I did expect L hyung likes her, but not to this extent. He seems to really loves noona’.

#

Days passed by so quick that Jihyo couldn’t really adapt with the situation she was in these few days. Chanyeol had been weirdly sticking to her just like a glue, that Jihyo starts to get annoyed with him now.

“Jihyoo!! Minooo!!! Open the door!!”. ‘There he goes again with his high pitching tone’. Jihyo mumbles in her mind.

“Just why does he have to come here every day?”. Jihyo mutters to herself. Mino who was just standing behind her laughs hearing his noona getting annoyed with Chanyeol. They were getting ready to leave for their practise at Taecyeon’s hideout. Mino then opens the door with Jihyo standing beside him, were greeted with Chanyeol super smile. He jumps in to hug the siblings. Mino hugs him back, but Jihyo didn’t. Instead, she rolls her eye in frustration over Chanyeol’s childish act.

“We need to go somewhere, Chan hyung”. Jihyo was just silent when Mino tells Chanyeol that they’re going out.

“Where? Can I go?”. Chanyeol asks enthusiastically while holding Mino’s arm, making his so-not-famous puppy eyes.  Just then, L walks towards them. He stops in front of them.

“I’m going first”. L then leaves without looking back at them. Jihyo was about to call him but seeing that he’s getting further away, she cancels her intention. L had been avoiding her since the day he confessed. Whenever Jihyo asks him something, he would just answer her one or two words and then leaves her. Jihyo understands him but still, he’s her best friend. She wants her best friend back. Mino saw the sad look in Jihyo’s eyes, couldn’t help but to feel sad too. Chanyeol watches them with a weird feeling. ‘Did they fought? L never i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter