CHAPTER 10

Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyo tried very hard to maintain her poker face. ‘Gosh it’s so hard when there’s kid in front of me!’. She screamed out loud in her mind. She was just eyeing her dongsaeng who’s now consoling  Ji Yul together with L and the EXO members. Ji Yul is crying non –stop since he wakes up from his sleep. This is all because of the noisy boys. She sends a death glare to Mino when they accidentally met each other’s eyes but Mino quickly looks to Ji Yul. He gulped down his saliva. ‘I hope she won’t be mad for so long’. L and Junmyeon exchanging glances with each other and smile meaningfully while the others are still making efforts to console Ji Yul.

“Jihyo-yah. Could you help us?”.Baekhyun turns his face to Jihyo with his famous pleading eyes.

“Why would I?”. Jihyo looks back to Baekhyun with a cold look. Her back was leaning against the wall not too far from them with folded arm. Baekhyun stares in her eyes deeply, as like pleading her to help him but Jihyo shows no sign to defeat. He sighes. ‘This girl is totally hard to melt’. 10 minutes, and Ji Yul is still crying. “This is no use. Guys, I think he’s hungry. Let’s go buy something to cook.” Lay stands up together with Kris, Tao, Kai and Sehun. Suho, Junmyeon and L are already excused themselves to the basement, since they thought that 11 of them are enough to take care of one baby. The other EXO members are all asleep, probably tired of taking car Ji Yul except for Kyungsoo, who had been silently taking care of Ji Yul.

“You guys can go. I’ll take care of him”. Kyungsoo assures the members who’s ready to go to the market while holding Ji Yul. He keeps patting his back to console Ji Yul but to no avail. As soon as the guys gone, he walks to the living room with the cry baby Ji Yul. Ji Hyo couldn’t stand any longer seeing Ji Yul cry. She walks to Kyungsoo and take Ji Yul from him without any words. Kyungsoo was speechless. He just let Ji Hyo takes Ji Yul and follows her to the bathroom. “You guys are idiot. Can’t you smell that he’s stinky?”. Jihyo mumbles alone in a low voice but it’s enough for Kyungsoo to hear it. ‘Ah!’. Kyungsoo smacks his own head.

“I’ll help you”. Kyungsoo take Ji Yul from Jihyo and holds him while Jihyo is bathing him. The three of them are all in the bath tub, showering Ji Yul. Ji Yul giggles happily and talks excitedly in baby’s language, but Jihyo and Kyungsoo somehow understand what Ji Yul said. Jihyo suddenly let out a soft giggle when Ji Yul keeps splashing water to her and Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was stunned, and amazed. It was his first time seeing Jihyo laugh, although it was just a short one. Although it was just a small giggle, not enough to take it as a laugh actually. Kyungsoo was happy. So happy that he gets to see this new side of Jihyo. He too let out a laugh, while the three of them happily playing water together.  

After the exciting bath, Kyungsoo holds Ji Yul to Jihyo’s bedroom to put on clothes while Jihyo keeps playing with Ji Yul from his right side. He could have imagine that people would see the three of them as happily married couple. Kyungsoo blushes at the thought of that. He puts down Ji Yul gently on the matress. Jihyo then starts her job, applying ointment and lotion on Ji Yul’s body where necessary. Kyungsoo looks at Jihyo with warm eyes, while his fingers are in Ji Yul’s grip. He loves spending time like this with Jihyo. He wishes that there are more times like this in future. “Let’s feed you something okay, Ji Yul-ah”. Jihyo said lovingly to Ji Yul while raising Ji Yul up and down. Ji Yul is really happy and excited playing with Jihyo as he was giggles happily until he’s drooling. Kyungsoo swears he could see a motherly look in Jihyo’s eyes. Jihyo was about to carry Ji Yul but then Kyungsoo quickly take Ji Yul and carry him in his arm.

“I’ll carry Ji Yul”. Kyungsoo had his poker face and walk straight down to the kitchen. He was acting that he didn’t really give attention to Jihyo. He was concerned that Jihyo would feel uncomfortable if he acts like he notices her change.  Jihyo follows him without questioning him but still she plays with Ji Yul. “What are you making?”. Kyungsoo asked Jihyo as soon as they step into the kitchen. “Aren’t the boys buying the groceries?”. Jihyo looks to Kyungsoo with an expressionless face. Kyungsoo and the other EXO members were already used to her attitude that they didn’t feel offended anymore. They learn that Jihyo had that face whenever she feels, well, okay. If only she’s in real good mood, like when she met L and Mino, they could see her sincere happy face. But still, they barely notice her happy mood at that time. She never shows her true emotion to people other than L and Mino. That’s what they learned about Jihyo.

“Nah. Don’t bother to wait for them. They’ll be long. Trust me.” Kyungsoo too, gives an expressionless face to Jihyo as he answers Jihyo’s question. She nods to Kyungsoo’s reply and starts cooking diligently.  In a few minutes, she finished making porridge to Ji Yul. Ji Yul was eating really well with the help of Jihyo feeding him and Kyungsoo who had been holding him all the time. Jihyo and Kyungsoo are having a good time with Ji Yul as he keeps giggling and talking n his language, which they find it cute and amusing. But, they don’t know that, there are a few pairs of eyes watching them, with anger and sadness. Luhan, Chen, Xiumin and Chanyeol watch them, having a pleasant time together. They thought that they were just having a crush on Jihyo, since she’s the only girl who’s close to them and she’s the only one who didn’t go crazy over them. But, they feel upset, and angry seeing Jihyo is close to one of their members, Kyungsoo. But, they’re not dumb. They won’t fight with each other just because of a girl. Their friendship is much stronger than anyone thought. Seeing that one of them succeed in making Jihyo happy, making them determined to work

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter