CHAPTER 18 (FINALE)

Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“ATTACK!” The voice of Mr. Black echoed in the basement, signalling his underlings to attack. All of Mr. Park’s team members faced the opponents bravely, despite the less numbers. Jihyo took down two people at the same time easily and with the help of the others, the numbers of the opponents were lessening. Mr. Black’s smile faded away. He started to feel uneasy. He pulled out a gun and pointed to Chanyeol who was busy knocking down the enemies. Jihyo who happened to see Mr. Black sprinted towards Chanyeol. She hugged him and closed her eyes, waiting for the impact. She heard the loud bang, but she didn’t feel the pain.

“Are you okay, Chanyeol?” She opened her eyes and asked in a concern tone.

“J-Jihyo…” Chanyeol’s voice trembled as his eyes was focused to one direction. She turned her face to where he was looking at.

There she saw, Kim Myungsoo was staring at her with a smile. She walked towards him slowly and held his bleeding chest, shot by Mr. Black. He slowly fell and Jihyo catched him right away, placing his head on her lap. Her hand was still holding his chest, to slow down the bleeding.

“You’re gonna pay for this!” Mr. Park yelled and ran towards Mr. Black who was already running away with his underlings, leaving them. Taecyeon and Zayn followed Mr. Park while the others stayed with Jihyo.

“My-Myungsoo-yah.. What is this? I told you not to do this.” She cried, for the first time in front of others. The other looked at them with sympathy.

“Hyung..” Mino couldn’t talk as he was cut off by Myungsoo.

“Come on don’t be so sad. It’s not like I’m not used to this.” He joked, although he felt like he’s going to die sooner. He turned to Jihyo and stared to her lovingly.

“You’re my girlfriend. Of course I’d do anything to save you.” His tears dropped.

‘How I wish I can spend more time with you.’

“Arhhhh.. I’m happy that you’re worrying of me. I… I want to sleep for a while. I’m tired. Wake me up when we win, okay?”

“No! No! You’re not gonna leave me! Kim Myungsoo stay awake!” She yelled out loud.

“I’m not going to leave you. I’ll always be with you, Song Jihyo. I love you.” He said in a slow voice, as his eyes started to lose focus. Jihyo’s tears dropped again. She leaned in and whispered to him “I love you too.” before kissing Myungsoo’s lips, which instantly made Myungsoo smiled and kissed her back. Chanyeol turned his face away as the two kissed. True that he owed Myungsoo his life for saving him earlier, but he can’t help..

To feel jealous of Myungsoo for having Jihyo by his side.

#

The sounds of sirens and people’s screaming asking for help didn’t bother Jihyo who was in the ambulance with Myungsoo. She looked at the doctor trying to save his life, spiritlessly. Mino held her hands, giving her supports. The EXO members were treated by the nurses. Thankfully, their wounds were not serious. All of them looked towards Jihyo. As the door of the ambulance closed, Jihyo looked up and locked her eyes with Chanyeol. He smiled to her, and so, the door closed.

“They leave again. Without a proper goodbye.” Tao came and stood beside Chanyeol. One by one came and stood there, as they watched the ambulance left.

“Can we go visit them at the hospital?” Sehun asked while his eyes fixed on the empty road.

“I don’t think so. They’re good at leaving a place without a trace.” Kyungsoo muttered in a slow voice.

“So many things had happened in one day.” Junmyeon let out a deep breath.

“And you my man, need to tell us from A to Z.” Kai jumped onto Junmyeon’s back happily.

“Guys.. I’m-“

“No. Don’t say sorry. We understand everything.” Chen cut Chanyeol before he managed to apologise.

“The only way for you to pay is….” Baekhyun raised his right eyebrow and smiled mischievously.

“Treat us for one month. And no more secrets between us.” Kris said while playing with his hair, trying to act cool.

“That’s good, Kris.” Xiumin smiled brightly hearing the punishments to Chanyeol. The others put their thumbs up.

“Well, that’s easy. I can do that.” Chanyeol finally smiled and hung his arm around Junmyeon’s neck.

Just then, Jumnyeon heard Mr. Park’s voice through the earpiece.

“Mission success. Mission success.” Junmyeon smiled. He turned around and saw Chanyeol smiled too.

“Guys, we win!” Chanyeol screamed happily. The others shrieked happily and hugged each other. Chanyeol turned around and smiled. His father was walking up to them together with the other White Mission team members. He could feel the aura of secret agents came out from themselves. And Chanyeol was proud to know them.

“Let’s go drink. It’s on me.” Mr. Park hugged his son before inviting all of them to join him. The others screamed happily again before making their way. Chanyeol gave a look to Mr. Park, and Mr. Park understood what that’s mean.

“Don’t worry. They’ll be fine.” Mr. Park’s answers made Chanyeol felt relieved.

“Come on. Let’s go.” With that, Chanyeol followed his father silently, while hoping that one day he could meet them, once again.

 

8 Years Later

Song Mino was preparing a breakfast when his noona suddenly came and greeted him.

“Oh? Mino? You’re early, today.. What’s wrong?” She settled herself on the chair and watched Mino.

“Good morning noona! Nothing wrong. Just feel like to make breakfast.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter