CHAPTER 5

Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song JiHyo’s POV

I’m satisfied. They served that. Today is a good day indeed. My class went well and the professor compliment me on my assignment. My classes even end earlier than usual today.  I walk to my car and sit in my car for a while. I smile when the memory from just now, keep playing in my mind. They surely won’t ride with me anymore. Suddenly, I heard a beeping sound. I start to feel anxious and worried. This is bad. This is really bad. This beeping sound comes from my tracking device. It will beep when I’m in danger.

Someone’s coming.

I quickly put on ‘The eyes’(it’s one like in Healer drama) and activate the system to scan if anyone around me is looking suspicious. ‘Harm Detected. Harm Detected.’ ‘The eyes’ detect three guys in a black suit, seemingly asking a student for something. It shows the personal information on those three guys and also their mission. Apparently, they’re not from GIA. But, these guys are my old enemies. It seems like they’ve come for a revenge because I’ve killed their boss. I drive my car out of the university in a high speed and they notice me. I look at my side mirror and it seems like they’ve already speeding towards me, chasing me with two black cars. This means that there are more than three people in the car. I drive towards a deserted road, where rarely a person or a vehicle can be seen. They pull out their guns and start to shot towards me. I managed to dodge the bullet from hitting my car. My car is also precious okay! This guy!

One of the car starts to accelerates and they manage to maintain it’s position beside my car. I start to feel anxious and turn my wheel to the left to hit their car. They stumble a little but still didn’t budge from the road. I gritted my teeth. This won’t do. Then, out of blue, a silver porche approach all of us. The driver is wearing a black spectacles, it looks like ‘the eyes’, and shot the tyres of the two cars. The cars lost control and hit each other. The explosion ensures me that all of them are already dead. I speed my car, heading to a cliff. It was actually a place I always go to calm myself since there are rarely a car pass this road and it’s a dangerous road. Looks like the silver car also follows me. I step on the break and step out from my car. He park his car next to my car. I smile to him, and he smiles back. He took ‘the eyes’ from his sight, and so do I.

“Long time no see, JiHyo-ah”, he speaks while leaning his back to his car. ”I knew it was you from the first time I move in to Gardenia” I also leans my back to his car. “Really? I’ve never thought you would recognize me”, he laugh at his silliness. “Of course I recognize you, silly!”, I chuckles and pat his head. I always missed to pat his head. It’s been a long time. “I miss you, Ji Hyo. I miss you patting my head like this”, he said to me while looking deep into my eyes. “I miss patting your head to, Junmyeon-ah”, I look into his eyes too. He then pull me into his embrace, missing the moment where we always stay together, protecting each other from any harm.

FLASHBACK

In the middle of the night, JiHyo carried her little brother on her back, Mino, while trying to find the address that her mum had gave her. She was in such a great pain but she ignores it. Mino is already stop crying, accepting the truth that he just lost his parents. JiHyo didn’t shed any tears because she was completely taken aback by what had happened, until it prevents the tears from flowing. She’s sad of course, but she decided to be strong for her little brother. Little that JiHyo knows, both of them already arrived at the address. JiHyo looks at the address again, to make sure that she had arrived at the right place. She rang the bell and introduces herself.

“Hello, I’m Song JiHyo. I was told to come here if my parents are dead”, she states the truth with calm. The door automatically open and she saw a man, around her father’s age, looking at her and her little brother. “I know what had happened to your parents. Come. You guys are going to stay here from now on. I’m Park Sanghyuk, your parent’s colleagues. I’ll be your guardian from now on.”, the man introduces himself and quickly take Mino from JiHyo. She walks in, follows the steps of papa. That’s what she had to call him from now on. JiHyo didn’t really care about small matter like this. She just nods and agree to call him whatever he wants. After papa had put Mino on his bed, he asks JiHyo to follow him downstairs to the living room. She saw two young boys, standing, looking at her deeply.

She settles herself on the sofa, waiting for papa to take his first aid kit. The boys keep looking with full of interest. Then, papa comes and sit in front of JiHyo, to apply some ointment on her injuries. “Well JiHyo, those two are my sons. Chan and Junmyeon. Junmyeon also had lost his parents, just like you. So, I’ve been taking care of him for a year now. They are the same age as yours. Next week, you’re going to the same school as them. Don’t worry, I’ll put Mino in the same school as you too”, papa introduces both of the boys to JiHyo. The boys went closer to JiHyo and gave her a hug. JiHyo could feel warmth in their hug and unintentionally, she hugs them too. “JiHyo-ah, I will be loving you just like your parents did. Don’t worry. I’m sure they will be proud of you. Seeing y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter