CHAPTER 8

Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

These few days have been the happiest days in Jihyo’s life. L and Mino had been living with Jihyo after their reunion. Jihyo even had face time with Taek couples of times and they all had a good time chatting together. She was so happy that she get to meet again the persons she cherishes in her life the most. But, there’s one problem. Since L and Mino lives with her, her neighbours, the EXO didn’t come to her house anymore. They don’t joke around and not hang out with her anymore. So does Junmyeon. It seems like they’re all trying to avoid Jihyo. “Hey L, Mino. I’m going out for a while. I feel so stuck up with my assignments”, Jihyo was about to walk outside when suddenly Mino yelled. “Noona! Are you okay going out alone? Want me and L accompany you?”, Mino and L suddenly popped out from the kitchen. L is munching his favourite coffee bread in his mouth while staring at Jihyo expressionless. Jihyo pouts. L always makes that face when he’s with his coffee bread. ”I’m going to be fine. Don’t worry. I used to be an agent too, you know”, Jihyo smile to them, assuring them that she will be fine.

At the EXO’s house

All the EXO members are gathering at the main living room, looking hopeless. Some are listening to music, some are looking at their phone, and some are just staring blankly to the ceiling. Everyone has their own activity but it seems like they all are lost in their own world.  Then, suddenly, one of them breaks the silence.

Lay: I miss Jihyo

Xiumin: Me too

Sehun: I want to be like how we used to be with her

Baekhyun: I miss her serious face.

Kris: I miss when Jihyo gave us her emotionless face.

Tao: I miss everything about her.

Chen: Why are we avoiding her actually?

Chen’s question hit them all. Yeah. There’s only one explanation. All of them are jealous of this one guy that have been living with Jihyo these days. KIM MYUNGSOO. They all know that Mino is Jihyo’s younger brother. But when they asks Jihyo about her relationship with Myungsoo, she didn’t answer them. Since then, they start to avoid Jihyo. They think that it’s better since Jihyo already has someone in her life.

Suho: We shouldn’t avoid her. Jihyo never said anything about L. The war isn’t end yet.

Kai: I’m going to make Jihyo’s mine.

All: Yaaa!!

Kai smiles sheepishly. Then all of them laughs together. It’s been a few days they didn’t laugh like this. Everything seems so dull without Jihyo. They decided to be like they used to be. Chanyeol is going out for a while to buy some snacks and beers. They are going to watch movies tonight, as to celebrates their comeback from desperation.

Luhan: Are you okay going alone, Yeollie?

Chanyeol: Yeah. Sure. It’s just near. Don’t be so romantic with me, Luhan

Luhan playfully throws the pillow towards Chanyeol but Chanyeol manages to dodge it. Chanyeol bids them goodbye and starts to walk to the store. “Ahh! It’s so cold! I should’ve wear more clothes”, Chanyeol blew out his breath onto his palms to heat himself. He walks happily, thinking of Jihyo, the one that had make his life and also his Exos’ members life miserable, in a good way. Chanyeol was walking through a dark alley when he feels like someone is following him. ‘Am I delusional or it’s really true that I feel like someone is following me?’. Chanyeol fasten his pace while holding his snacks tightly to his chest. But unfortunately, he trips on the alley. There he see seven well-build body men, surrounding him. “Are you running away from us? Hahaha”, a guy, laughs evilly. “Don’t worry. We just want your money”, a guy, seems like he’s the leader smiles warmly yet creepy. “I-I d-do-don’t have m-money an-anymore”, Chanyeol stutters as he was so scared. ‘I should’ve learned a little from Junmyeon to protect myself’, Chanyeol regrets for not being able to protect himself.

Jihyo wears black clothes because the weather outside is so cold. She walks along the silent street while taking fresh night air. All of a sudden, she heard voices coming from a dark alley. “WHAT!? NO MONEY?! You look like you’re rich. You live in Gardenia. How come you don’t have money?!”, the tallest guy speaks in anger. “Enough. He’s no use. Kill him”, the leader commands them and keeps a distance from them. “P-please. H-help me”. Jihyo freeze after hearing the last voice. ‘It’s Chan’. The guys starts beating Chanyeol mercilessly. Jihyo couldn’t wait any longer. She can’t hide herself anymore. Although it means that her true identity will be reveal. Jihyo walks to the scene calmly. She already wears her black leather gloves. “Hey dude. What cha doin?”, Jihyo speaks calmly and walks to them with relax. The guys stops beating Chanyeol and look at Jihyo. “Woww. We have a cute girl here. You want our ‘services’ huh, girl?”, the guys smirked and some even their lips. Jihyo smirks. “Oh yeah. I need you to stop torture him”, Jihyo give a look to Chanyeol. Chanyeol was shocked at first but then, he stares her while  Jihyo smiles warmly to him. It looks like they were talking in their mind.

Chanyeol: What are you doing? It’s dangerous! Go!

Jihyo: It’s okay. I won’t leave you alone.

“Then I guess, I’m going to start with you first, my lady”, the guys all approach her. Jihyo walks backwards, seems like she wants to move them to a wider place. “NO! Don’t hurt her! Please. I beg you. Just kill me”, Chanyeol begs them and he cries out loud but the gangsters didn’t even care about him. He couldn’t move at all. It seems like he had twist his ankle. Chanyeol’s body was full of bruises here and there. He tried to move but it is so painful. He looks hopelessly to Jihyo, who’s getting ready to face off the guys. Under cover of the fog, the pack had stalked in, unseen. Jihyo picks a target, one in front, whom is already a few steps away from Jihyo. One of the thug rushes towards Jihyo and was about to threw a hard punch on her pretty face but Jihyo is quicker. Jihyo sidestepped to the right just enough and the punch passed a hair breath from her face. The man stumbles and fall on his own to the ground. The other thugs hesitated, sending glances back and forth. Jihyo smirked. Chanyeol looks at Jihyo in awe. Jihyo runs towards the other thugs, and sends flying high kicks to them. The guys fell almost at the same time after the strong kick Jihyo gives them. The leader who have been watching them all this time flinched on Jihyo’s action. The leader rushed to Chanyeol and grabs the collar of Chanyeol’s shirt.

“Come any closer or I’ll kill him”, the leader held a sharp blade on his left hand while his right hand holds Chanyeol. Jihyo turns her attention towards Chanyeol and the leader. Jihyo was so busy staring at them that she didn’t noticed one of the thugs that she had been deal just now has a wooden block in his hand and is ready to knock Jihyo. But, actually, Jihyo had known this. The guy swings the block towards Jihyo from Jihyo’s left side but Jihyo just lift her left hand and make a fist, seeming like she was protecting herself from the hit merely just with her left hand and the wooden block crashed just like that. Chanyeol’s eyes grew bigger once he saw Jihyo is getting hit but quickly, Jihyo makes a move by picking the pieces of the shattered block and stabs it slightly to the thug’s stomach, just enough to not let him die and throw the other pieces toward

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter