CHAPTER 3

Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

"Noonaaa.. Where are youu.. I miss you so much.. Just be safe wherever you are.." Song Mino cried, for the who knew how many times. He missed her, Song Jihyo, his one and only sibling. His one and only family. He had lost his parents, and he didn't want to lose his sister too. Losing his parents were already an unbearable pain. He can't imagine if he would lose his sister too. He loved her too much. More than he loved his own life. The painful memories suddenly came flashing into his mind. How he wished he would not remember that.

FLASHBACK

“Ji Hyo, Mino, come down quickly. Hubby, enough with your laptop. The dinner is ready”, Mrs.Song called all of her beloved ones to have their meals together. That was their custom. Although Mr and Mrs Song were very busy with their work, but they would make time for their family. 5 years old Ji Hyo happily walked down to the kitchen while holding Mino’s hand. Ji Hyo quickly took her seat and Mino quickly pulled his chair beside Ji Hyo. Mrs. Song smiled upon seeing two of her cute children loving and taking care of each other like that. Mr. Song joined them and gave a peck on his wife’s lips.

"Ewwww mommy! Daddy! Could you at least think about us?" Ji Hyo and Mino made a disgusting face and both of the happily married couple laughed.

They were enjoying a harmonious dinner when suddenly a knock on the door was heard. Mr. Song looked at his wife with worried face. The second knock turned louder.

“Open the door Song-Song Couple. I know you’re in there. If you don’t open this instant, your children will be my meals tonight”, the voice outside of the door made Ji Hyo and Mino scared. Mino started to cry but Ji Hyo quickly consoled her.

“Quick! Go to the basement. No matter what sound you heard, don’t come to me. Understand? Honey, please take care of our child. I love you, and our babies, more than my life”, Mr. Song kissed his wife sincerely. He then kissed his children’s forehead and pushed them gently.

Mrs. Song couldn’t say no to her  husband. She knew that she have to save their children’s lives.

“I love you too, hubby. I’ll always love you”, Mrs Song gave her last look towards her husband. So does Ji Hyo and Mino. They saw their daddy taking out guns from their secret safety and started to pull the trigger. He shot the groups of black-suited guys and some of them were getting hit by the bullet. But then, they saw their father was being shot by a gun out of nowhere. They saw their father laying on the floor, bleeding. The guys tortured their father by kicking him and hitting them with stuffs at their home. Their father gave his last look and the last thing they see is their dad’s tears started to roll down his cheek before they disappeared to the basement.

The chase doesn’t end yet. Mrs. Song quickly start the engine of her car and drove with a very dangerous maneuver. Ji Hyo hold Mino’s hand tightly. His hands were trembling so hard and he can’t stop crying while Ji Hyo was still calm despite the deathly situation she was in. Mrs. Song drove furiously until suddenly, a thing knocked them hard from the side. Bloods flow down from their head. They were deeply wounded especially Mrs. Song. Ji Hyo opened the car door and quickly lifted her brother into a bushes nearby.

“Mommy, are you okay?”, Ji Hyo asked her mom after making sure that her brother is okay.

”Mommy’s fine. Ji Hyo! Quick hide! They’ll be coming in any minute! I love you guys and please take care of yourself and your brother for both mommy and daddy, okay? Go to this address and this person will take good care of you two. I’m sorry we couldn’t spend much time together. I love you”, Mrs. Song handed over a paper sustained with blood and kissed her daughter. Ji Hyo quickly piggybacked her brother just to let her mom kissed him for the last time. She hugged both of them and smiled because she knew that Ji Hyo will be strong for her brother.

Ji Hyo ran lightly when she heard the guys’ voices getting near to their car. She hid in the bushes a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter