CHAPTER 12

Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo glanced at the clock again. ‘It’s freaking 3.15a.m and I can’t even close my eyes!’. He can’t erase what Jihyo said to him earlier. He seems to be in a deep thought. He gets up from his bed and walks out of his house quietly. He stares to Jihyo’s room, thinking whether should he or not confront her. He ruffles his hair in frustration. ‘I need to do this’. He climbs to Jihyo’s room using the emergency stairs very quiet and steadily. Once he lands at Jihyo’ balcony, he lets out a sigh of relief. He slides the sliding door quietly. Kyungsoo knows that Jihyo always didn’t lock her door, he didn’t know why but that is not important right now. Kyungsoo could see clearly Jihyo’s face, sleeping peacefully. He smiles. ‘ I think I fall in love to you, again and again. Too bad that you didn’t feel the same way I did’. He walks to Jihyo’s bed and grabs her shoulders until she’s seated on her bed. Jihyo didn’t show any sign of shock at all. She already knew that Kyungsoo was in her room.

“What you told me, earlier, is it true? You, you’re not joking right?”. Kyungsoo had his eyes fixed on Jihyo, anticipating to hear her answer. He did not know whether he wants it to be true or just a joke. If it’s true, it would be cool, but, Jihyo’s life could be in danger, and he didn’t even want to imagine her life, in risk. Jihyo didn’t say anything. Jihyo only look into Kyungsoo’s eyes, emotionless. She wants to hear more from Kyungsoo.

“You-you are an agent, right? Are you, perhaps, a spy? Are you a spy from North Korea? Are you going to kill us? Are you going to take over our country? Are you-“

He can’t continue his silly questions, as his lips is already pressed on jihyo’s lips. Jihyo had grabbed his shirt and crushed his lips on her.

“Shut up, will you?”. Jihyo mutters as she gets annoyed with Kyungsoo. Jihyo did that because she’s tired of Kyungsoo’s stupid question. She just wants him to keep quiet so that she had a chance to speak. But Kyungsoo seems flustered. He never kissed anyone. ‘Omo, that’s my first kiss!’. It was just a peck of kiss but, being a Kyungsoo, he always exaggerating simple things. He keeps touching his lips. He didn’t even move. He wants to, but he can’t. And Jihyo, being, you know, Song Jihyo, is as calm as always. A peck of kiss would never makes her flustered. She used to do much more intense and hot things, well that’s what agents would do when they are under cover.

“Yah Do Kyungsoo. Do you hear me?”. Jihyo keeps waving her hands in front of Kyungsoo but Kyungsoo was so lost in his own thought, still holding his lips. Jihyo rolled her eyes in frustration. She slaps Kyungsoo’s face, not so hard but not so lights either.

“Auch! What was that for?”. Kyungsoo groans in pain while holding his pain cheek.

“you’re spacing out. I had to”. Kyungsoo then smiles back, realising his silly mistake. He then sits properly on Jihyo’s bed, waiting for Jihyo’s explanation. He knows that he needs to give some times to Jihyo.

“it was all in the past. It’s a long story, and I don’t wish to tell you more than what you already know. Please, keep this as a secret. Or else, I have to kill you”. Jihyo had her eyes fixed on Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo gulped down his saliva. Somehow, he fills the chill when Jihyo said that, although he knows, deep down, she wouldn’t do that to him.

“A-arasso. I’ll keep it a secret”.

#

It is 6.00am and Chanyeol is already up, getting ready for his usual morning exercise. He often went to jog alone, since the other boys prefer to work out at gym more. Unlike him, he likes to work out while enjoying the beauty of nature, inhaling the sweet scent of morning. He then wears a proper outfit to exercise.

 He was about to pass Jihyo’s house when he suddenly saw Jihyo walks out of her house, alone, in her track suit. He missed her, so much. They didn’t even get to talk these days, all because of the other boys now making a huge effort to get closer to her. He runs to her as he saw her jogging slowly leaving him. He then hugs her from the back, hardly, because he was unable to control his speed, because he missed her so much, making Jihyo to stumble in front, but Jihyo managed to regained balance. She was shocked but she didn’t push him. Jihyo knows that it was Chanyeol. She just pretends to not saw him. Well, she had to. Since they’re going to leave soon.

“I miss you, Jihyo-yah”. Chanyeol mutters in a low voice, just beside her ears for her to hear it well. Jihyo tried to loosen his arm but the effort makes him tighten the hug more.

“Please. Just, one minute. Let me”. He said, with his eyes closed, inhaling the scent of a girl he had a crush on. ‘I don’t know what’s my feeling to you anymore. It thought it was just a crush, but as time passes, I think, I had fallen for you, Jihyo. What should I do? There are a lot of boys are into you. Do I stand a chance to win you?’.

“What are you doing, in public Park Chanyeol?”. Jihyo obviously didn’t like it. If it’s in somewhere private, well, she didn’t really care. But this is public, and anyone, anything could’ve saw them, and it could danger Chanyeol’s life if someone use him as a bait to get to her. She breaks the hug as Chanyeol shows no respond.

She looks into Chanyeol’s eyes with an unsatisfied face. While Chanyeol had been smiling like an idiot, looking at her. He was just too happy that he gets to hug Jihyo this time. It has been a long time. Not really long actually. Well, at least today he gets to pay for the jealousy he had to keep these few days.

“Crazy bastard”. Jihyo then leaves after she cursed Chanyeol. He laughs out loud. ‘How cute of her to curse me like that’.

“Yah Jihyo-yah! Wait for me!”.

#

“The weather today is so nice, isn’t it?”. Both Chanyeol and Jihyo are sitting at the bench at Gardenia Park, resting after a few rounds of jogging at the park. Chanyeol had to work hard to catch up with her, since she runs really fast, leaving him behind. In the end, Jihyo gives up as he keeps shouting calling for her to slow down, which attracts other people’s attention. Jihyo didn’t answer his question. She didn’t intend to make a conversation with this weirdo at all. Chanyeol smiles. ‘maybe this is why I like you. Because you’re weird’. He then gets an evil idea. ‘ I guess this will make you talk’.

He closed his eyes and peck Jihyo’s lips sweetly. Jihyo was stunned. Her mind went blank. ‘Did he just kiss me?’

“Still not going to talk?”. Chanyeol asked. Jihyo looked at him with a mong face. He then pecks Jihyo’s lips again. But Jihyo still didn’t talk. Her mind is taking times to digest what had happened. Her heart is beating so fast, in extraordinary pace. She almost thought that her heart is going to jump out. Chanyeol grins. He pecks Jihyo lips again, and he received a powerful smack from Jihyo.

“AUCH! You don’t have to hit me that hard!”. Chanyeol groans in pain, while rubbing his head.

“Yah. You. You thought that if you do this much, you can win my heart?”. Jihyo said while standing up, furiously. This is the first time she couldn’t control her heart. Her emotion. Chanyeol laughs, which makes her heart beating faster. His laugh, probably is the worst cancer for her heart.

“I’m just trying to make you speak. I didn’t say I did that to win your heart”. He smirks as he stands up.

“Perhaps, are you in love with me? Since you had that kind of thought, you probably had some lingering feelings for me, right?”. He brings his face to Jihyo’s face closer and smirked. His heart is beating fast too, but he tried to control it, and waits for Jihyo’s reply. Jihyo raised her right hands, probably to smack his head again, but Chanyeol blocks her. His eyes then are fixed on Jihyo’s wrist. ‘It’s that bracelet. Why do I feel familiar with this?’. He was too deep in his thought that he didn’t notice that Jihyo had her other hands a mineral bottle. Next thing he knew that he was already wet. Jihyo snapped his wrist from Chanyeol and runs away, since she can’t hide her blushing face anymore.

“YAH SONG JIHYO!! JUST YOU WAIT! I’M GOING TO GET YOUU!!”. Jihyo giggles hearing Chanyeol’s shout from afar. ‘Serve your right’.

#

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter