Chapter One

Sincerely, Your Dead Boyfriend [REWRITTEN VERSION POSTED]

  Chapter One     
haunted

Nara opened her eyes when she heard mentions of the birds, but most especially, it was because of some sound of things being pushed against another thing. Then she was reminded of someone. Yongguk oppa. She suddenly sat up when she realized he wasn't beside her anymore, hugging her waist. She saw him opening her drawer, where her underwears were all placed inside it. "My underwears!" She suddenly panicked by approaching him as he turned to her showing a black bra in front of him.

"Black bra? y~" He said with a smirk, which got her furious and took it from him by force before placing it back inside the drawer and then closed it.

"What were you doing?"

He chuckled and leaned toward her as if going to kiss her. Seeing her leaning backward to avoid him, he grinned. "I woke up early and want to know more about you but I don't want to sound like I'm obsessive. So I search for things myself~"

"You already sound like it, oppa." She folded her arms while watching him lying on her bed as she leaned against the drawer. He wasn't replying at all, making her sigh as she walked toward the nightstand next to her bed where her phone that was vibrating took place. She read the name of the sender, it was her boyfriend again. Her heart started beating faster while opening the message which said:

Remember that only I can touch you and your underwears chagiya~ don't let anyone else do that, will you, for your boyfriend?

Is that really you? She walked to the bathroom and saw the reflection of herself in the mirror while touching her lips and then trailed down to her neck as visions of her boyfriend kissing them zipped through her mind. "Do you want me to kiss you there?" A deep voice asked behind her, she was surprised and then turned around only to see a playfully smiling Yongguk on the door while leaning against it.

"You know what? We have school. Go home and get prepared or something." She told him while rolling her eyes, she was still furious because of what he did this morning when she woke up. "What you were doing... that was inappropriate, you got it? So don't do that ever again. Mess with my books, bed, pillows but not that part. It's rude."

His expression was sad. "Sweetheart, I'm sorry. I promise this will be the last time I touch your undies." He apologized, coming over to her while holding her hands and felt comfortable. Holding her hand made me feel like I'm in cloud nine. "I'll see you at school, Nara."

With that, he left. She took this opportunity to get prepared for school, but she quickly stopped what she was doing when she saw her phone on the bathroom sink counter. A sudden urge of replying the message from her boyfriend came to her. Errr, I have to talk to you. She grabbed her phone and then replied the message that her boyfriend send to her.

I got rid of him. Mark, is this even real?

She bit her lower lips while hesitantly placing her phone back on the counter as she entered the shower room. Turning the shower switch on, she gasped at the feeling of the cold water touching her skin before she switched the hot water on to balance the water temprature for shower on this cold morning.

"Mark! Can you help me?" She asked while wrapping the towel around her body while walking outside only to find her boyfriend was on the door with an arm placed against the wall. He smirked looking at her in only towel, made her looking even ier. "Your boyfriend at your service!" His smirk then turned to a grin, a very playful one. "Why, do you need help with showering?"

"ert!" She said hitting his arm softly as he slowly walked inside the bathroom. She watched him while walking back inside behind him. "I think the shower is broken because the hot water switch won't work at all."

"So you showered with cold water?" He frowned, looking at her in concern before he pulled her into his hug. "Poor my baby~"

"Seriously, Mark, what is the hug for?" She pulled away while looking at him deeply in his eyes and retorted at him. "See, you got your shirt wet because of hugging me. How silly!"

He looked down to his wet shirt and took it off in front of her. "No worries, I'll take a shower too anyway~ You wanna shower again?" He asked, teasing her while raising an eyebrow. She shut her eyes and bit her lower lips while turning away to the door because she couldn't handle the view of his chest and left him inside who was chuckling at her reaction to him taking his shirt off.

"I'll repair that, babe, don't worry." He told her with a convincing smile before closing the door slowly to watch her a little before he took all his outfit and showered himself, giving his girlfriend a chance to get changed.

It hit her deeply when she realized they were only memories now, but the messages she got might mean something for her. After she was done showering, she got out from the shower room and took the towel from the hanger to wipe all the water on her body and wrapped it around her body. She then grabbed her phone and as predicted, one message received.

"This is real. Why, do you miss me that much?
Don't worry, soon enough we'll be together like we used to."

"Jackson!" She called loudly. Her expression were both serious and furious, it made him wonder what was wrong. Welcoming her with a big smile, he approached her to cut the distance between them. Her expression made her look like she was going to hit him hard of his cheek, and he was preparing himself for it although he was clueless about what was happening with her.

"Hey, what's-" He was interrupted when she pushed him by his firm chest which wasn't powerful to him that it didn't make him move a bit or unstable. A frown was seen on his forehead as he held both her hands on his chest to prevent her from hitting him again. "You lied to me, don't you?" She snapped while looking at him deeply in the eyes, trying to find truth in it. "You lied to me!"

"What...?" He frowned in confusion. "What do you mean I lied to you?"

Nara lowered her voice and closed her eyes to calm herself down for a few seconds. "Mark isn't dead, is he?" She whispered to prevent anyone from overhearing the conversation.

Jackson stopped frowning, his jaw broke open as he heard what she just said to him. "W-wha-" He stuttered nervously. "Okay, you must be dreaming. Nara, we attended his funeral, remember?"

"But..." She frowned and looked around for a while before she started to walk away from him. Jackson, of course, ran after her to find out what was going on that she asked him about his friend being alive. 'Hey, hey," he called while trying to reach her hand. "Nara, hey!"

She turned around, showing him her confused yet upset expression although she tried to hide it. "Hey," his voice was gentle and comforting at the same time. "Tell me what is it."

"Nothing," her voice was trembling.

Jackson sighed and hugged her close to his chest. "You're a terrible liar, you know that?"

"It was just a dream," she gulped hard. "Maybe."

"It's okay, I know you miss him," he said to comfort her, his hand was caressing her head. He also planted a few kisses on it. "But you still have me, alright? Mark will be happy if we are happy."

Nara only nodded. Then who could it be...? She wondered in the back of her mind. It was his number, I'm certain, because I saved it. She closed her eyes for a moment feeling safe in his hug, until she felt like she was pushed away from him.

"What do you think you are doing?" Jackson snapped at the taller guy. It was Yongguk. He seemed to feel seriously uneasy right now, as if he was going to kill Jackson right there.

"Stopping you."

Nara saw her senior was smirking right now and it was a very dark and dangerous one that she was shivering when she saw that.

"Oh yeah, who the hell are you? Who gives you the right to stop me?" Jackson replied even darkly, stepping one step forward to him, challenging him. Yongguk scoffed smugly as he pulled her closer to him by her arm. "I'm her boyfriend, you mind?" He said while raising an eyebrow.

"What-" Nara was surprised with the statement while trying to let go of his hug, but the more she did it, the more he gripped on her arm which almost hurt her. "No, oppa, you're not- let me go!"

Jackson was aware of the grip on her arm which was hard and probably hurting her. "Hey!" He snapped, "Let her go, you're hurting her!"

It seemed like Yongguk was too stubborn to even care about her, he was determined to keep her like this. It drove Jackson mad that he quickly pushed him to the ground and hit him hard repeatedly before getting hit back by the taller, older guy. "Jackson!" Nara gasped, walking a few steps backward as a few people came to separate the two.

"You guys are making a scene, stop it!" Jongin came, standing in the middle of the two boys, stopping them from fighting. They looked at eachother darkly, they weren't satisfied yet, they still wanted to hurt eachother or maybe worst, they wanted to kill eachother because the hatred and anger mixed in one inside of them.

Nara breathed out, feeling glad that it was finally over. But then she was pulled by a hand, she was too busy looking at the boys who were fighting to even care to panic about the person who was pulling her.

A man stood in the hallway, his fist was bold when he saw Nara being hugged by Jackson. How dare this hugging my one and only love? His eyes were dark and full of anger. His eyes moved to see Jackson's hand caressing her head and he even kissed her head, making him even angrier. I will kill him. His dark expression turned into a dangerous smirk as he watched them for a few more seconds.

"I'm sorry for pulling you earlier,"

Sehun smiled a little while watching her surprised look as he slipped his hands into his pocket. He loved everything about her that it made him smile again and over again. The way she breathed, it made him crazy. "I thought you were too stressed and I wanted to get you out from the madness that those two boys made you know?" He chuckled softly, looking down to his feet with a sweet smile.

She was nervous. She hardly talked to him before. He was quiet, different from any other guys who semed to be chasing her. It was silent for a few seconds before the black long-haired woman spoke in reply to his statement.

"Uh, yeah, it's fine." She blinked while patting her skirt to fix her appearance, avoiding eyecontact with him. Sehun was unpredictable. Last night, he was giving her a death glare and now he became a completely highschool sweetheart. She tried looking up, but never looking into his eyes, she was just too nervous to even do that right now.

"Why are you avoiding eye contact?" He tilted his head to the side, analyzing her face expression while trying to find her eyes and smiled softly. Even the way she blinked, it made him hard to breathe. Perfection. "You're scared, aren't you?"

She was surprised when he asked this. No, I'm not actually scared, I'm nervous. She finally looked up to see him in the eyes, and for a moment, she was amazed with what she saw. His eyes are beautiful. "No, I'm just- I don't know what to do," she said honestly. "I mean, last night you looked at me like that and now you're such a gentleman. I'm confused."

"Sorry," he chuckled softly, again. "You have to take care of yourself. If you don't do that well, I will."

Nara tried hard giving him a sweet smile while rubbing her arm, feeling goosebumps which hadn't stop since she was talking with Jackon earlier. She looked around as the place started being quieter than it was. When she looked back at Sehun, she saw Mark instead of him. "Hey, are you okay?" Sehun asked when he saw her gasping and panting hard, her body almost collapsed, feeling weak. "Okay, let's sit first." He said while walking toward a bench and sat her there before he knelt in front of her. "Is everything okay? The way you looked at me, it's like you're shocked. Why?"

"Hallucination," she took a deep breath and tried to calm herself down. "Don't mind me."

She saw a few students walked by, looking at the man in front of her strangely. "Why are they looking at you like that?" She asked with a frown as he turned to see them all.

"Maybe it's because they know my secret," he said calmly while caressing her hand. He loved how smooth her hands were, he could hold it all day. It was obvious that everything about her made him addicted to her.

"Secret? What secret?" She asked him again. Strangely, I didn't seem to be bothered with the secret and his hands on mine, rubbing it gently. My hands felt comfortable like this. He was hypnotizing me with everything he did, didn't he? She smiled watching him rubbing her hands.

"You don't need to know, it was my past." He convinced her, leaving her hanging with a frown when he didn't say anything furthermore. He then stood up and ruffled her hair. "I'll be leaving now, you wanna come?"

Nara looked up while fixing her hair and then raised her eyebrows with a slight smile. "No worries, I'm good."

"Are you sure?" He helped her standing up and asked again to make sure about her being fine and safe. "You better head to class, it's not safe outside alone."

She sighed with a smile and nodded at his suggestion before she walked away into the school building and gave him another smile when she turned around to see him still watching her, again with the death glare. You're very unpredictable, Oh Sehun.

PSYCHOLOGY

Nara read the word which was written on the board as the teacher put down his chalk and clapped his hands together to erase the chalk dust from his hand. "Alright students, we're back in our psychology class." He said to his students with a smile as he leaned against his desk. "So I have a question. What do you guys know about attraction? Anyone would like to volunteer speaking about it?"

She raised her hand. Teacher saw it and gave her a chance to answer. "Attraction is where someone feels interested to someone else in a special way, it's like the first stage of falling in love. You will try to get to know the person you like in various ways."

Everyone clapped their hands including the teacher himself, she smiled happily and then saw Sehun was looking at her. "Sir, can I ask a question to her?" He asked the teacher politely, not yet turning around, feeling comfortable turning his body toward her who sat a few seats behind him.

"Go ahead," Teacher nodded and gestured to her.

Sehun started speaking while looking at her again. "What happens when someones wants to date or have that one person whatever it takes?"

"They will become unstopable and they'll do various extreme ways to get their loved one. And they won't stop." She answered him flatly yet calmly. "Once they got what they want, they won't let go. They will be possessive due to being scared of losing their lover."

"In other words, this is called..." Teacher was hanging on his words, waiting for any student to answer, filling the blank.

"Obsession." Sehun said, turning around while leaning back on his chair while playing with his pen.

Teacher nodded and grabbed the papers from his desk. "Alright, Sehun, how did you know that we're going to write about obsession?" He smiled while giving each paper to his students fairly. "Plus point for you. Now, students, obsession is the state of being obsessed with someone or something. It can be unhealthy or not, the not unhealthy one is what we're going to talk about. Now answer the questions I provide, you have until the bell rings to submit it."

Nara read the questions on the paper.

1. What do you know about obsession?

2. Pick a topic:

a) Obsession over someone [ ]
b) Obsession over something [ ]

3. Write down a few symptoms & the results to the topic you chose above (min. 3)!

4. Have you ever feel obsessed? Describe it!

Bell has rang, everyone already left the class. Nara was cleaning the classroom because she was in charge of today's students cleaning schedule. She then found a folded paper under Sehun's table and remembered that he said he accidentally ripped the bottom part of the paper and asked for a new paper. She opened it and started reading the answer he wrote:

1. What do you know about obsession?

=> Obsession is an act of one who he/she thinks is normal, but for others is over the line. He/she will do anything to have what or even who they wanted. Once they have it, they will keep it until death. If anyone interacts with their lover, they will feel sudden jealousy which they call it pain and they'll make sure those who interact with their lover feel the same pain.

2. Pick a topic:

a) Obsession over someone [ x ]
b) Obsession over something [ ]

3. Write down a few-

She stopped reading when she heard someone called her name. It was Jongin, the class leader plus a flirt who was annoying sometimes. But he was helpful too. He walked in and approached her as she was quickly placing the paper inside her bagso he wouldn't notice it. "What are you doing? It's 2:30, you should stop cleaning because every cleaning lasts for 30 minutes only." He said with a friendly smile.

"Oh, yeah, I'm done." She grinned while slinging her bag on her shoulder and walked outside the class with him after turning the lights off and closed the door. "How do you know I'm still in the class?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "Just passing by and saw the door was still opened~"

"Oh." was her only answer and realized all her friends has left. "Can you drive me home? Apparently, my friends were all leaving me alone just because I had to clean the class."

He was more than just happy to, as seen on his face, his expression was excited. Finally we can spend a little time together. "Sure, why not!"

3. Write down a few symptoms & the results to the topic you chose above (min. 3)!

=> Symptoms:

- Possesive
- Highly sensitive
- Stalking very often
- There might be a few cutting marks on some parts of the body which indicates they're doing self-harm to fade the anger or jealousy they have
- Might hurt others when necessary

=> Results:

- Negative outcomes for those around them
- Physical & mental damage
- Possible multiple murders attempt

4. Have you ever feel obsessed? Describe it!

=> Yes, maybe right now too. I feel obsessed toward this girl, she is breathtakingly beautiful. It's like when I see her, I see heaven paradise, and it's hard to resist her. She is

She stopped reading again as she saw the line stopped there, the bottom part was ripped and he probably have taken it to prevent anyone from finding out. Damn it, now I'm curious. She cursed, hissing while slamming the paper down on her desk and breathed heavily. Reading it made her super curious. Who is that girl you're talking about, Sehun? She glanced at the paper again, feeling a little furious. I can't believe I'm being... jealous? She sat up, adjusting her position on the chair, frowning at her own thoughts. She had a strange connection about him, with him. "Should I find-"

The door was swung open, it was her sister. She raised her brows when she saw Nara was sitting at her desk holding a paper. "Nara... who were you talking to?" She asked with a frown.

"Uh, nobody." Nara replied while putting the paper down on her desk as she stood up, approaching her sister. "What is it, Nayeon unnie?"

Nayeon nodded slowly and gestured to the stairs before saying, "Yongguk is downstairs, outside the house to be exact. I told him to come in but he refused."

Both remained silent, looking at each other awkwardly before the older sibling spoke again. "Just come down. He is wounded. Take care of him, alright?"

Nara nodded while walking outside her room, following her older sister downstairs. She grew uncomfortable as she remembered what he did at school today, he didn't just hurt her arm when he gripped her tight, but he also hurt her feelings. Walking toward the door, she took a deep breathe and prepared herself to see him. Just when she opened the door, Yongguk turned around to see her, showing his bruise on his lips corner and there was a small bandage on his nasal bone. What a complietely handsome man. She found herself frozen on the door while looking at him, the man she hardly recognize at first due to the bruise and bandage on his face. "Hey," he said flatly yet awkwardly.

"What are you doing here?" She replied, cautious and mistrustful, watching him closesly. Yongguk just indirectly bothered her more and more by coming over with such condition. She crossed her arms while looking at him deeply in the eyes.

Yongguk breathed in deeply, as if he was hesitant, and his eyes flickered away from hers when he realized that the gaze she gave was sharp. "I know you're upset because of what I did," he said while slowly moving closer toward her. "Truthfully, I did it for a quite selfish reason."

"And what is it?" She asked, feeling both curious and unsettled.

He then looked up at her in the eyes again, seeing disappointment and anger in her eyes. "I don't want to see you being close to anybody, because I feel like you're created only for me."

Her eyes narrowed as she studied him mistrustfully. "Very selfish, Bang Yongguk," she said to him, making sure it was sharp enough to verbally stab him for what he did. "Weren't my responds enough? I let you sleepover, I let you flirt with me and I forgive you everytime you mess with my stuff. I already saw you like an older brother, sunbaenim!"

"I'm sorry..."

Nara tilted her head to the side. "You don't have to apologize. I just wanted you to know that. You're just my sunbae, you can never replace my boyfriend. I'm not opening my heart for anyone yet, therefore, stop messing with anything related to my love life okay?"

"Will you ever see me as a man? At least, not as your boyfriend replacement."

She grew uncomfortable. "I saw you as a man once," she muttered, thinking back to the days when she adored him at the beginning. "Until you ruined it. Now all I see is a young five years old boy getting into a fight with someone else."

Yongguk's face was bordering on frustrated. "I told you, I'm sorry, Nara. I like you- No, I love you. That's why I fight over you!"

She snorted at his statement. "Fight over me? You wanna know how Mark won my heart? He fight for me, not over me. Really, I think you better go home. I need some time alone. It's late anyway." She told him coldly and turned around when she felt a hand was holding and pulling hers. She gasped when she turned around by force and felt a soft cold lips touching hers. He kissed me? She quickly pulled away and stared at him in disbelief. "I can't believe- I'm upset and this is what you do? Go home, oppa. Now."

He looked like he was obsessed. She sighed while watching him hesitantly walking away, he kicked the air feeling terribly upset. That's it, she mused, obsessed. She couldn't believe what was happening to her life lately, it made her emotionally drained. Wait, she stopped right there before getting inside her house and then looked around. Someone is watching me... She rubbed her own arms and gulped hard, thinking of the possibility of someone might be watching her. It was bold, the feeling she got was bold, it made her shiver just thinking of the possible things that could happen to her in, maybe, a few seconds. I have to get inside. She quickly opened the door and walked inside, finally feeling safe.

"Nara, seriously what is happening to you lately?" Nayeon asked while approaching her sister. A glass of water in her hand. 'Here, drink it."

"N-no.. no, no, no, no." Nara refused while closing her eyes to calm herself, her heart almost skipped a beat when she entered the house, feeling that someone might pulled her hand from outside before she couldn't even get in. "I'm okay unnie, I really am."

"I'm okay my , you look dead pale like a freakin' corpse you know that?" Her older sister spat, showing a familiar, stern frown. "And I'm here knowing nothing yet I'm panic because my sister is acting strange lately."

Nara finally answered her sister. "I... I saw Mark lately."

Seeing how her sister looked scared, desperate and sad while saying so made Nayeon's heart shattered into pieces and she quickly hugged her. She knew how much her sister missed her boyfriend especially he never told her good bye. "Trust me, everything happens, for a reason. He maybe misses you too." She said comforting Nara.

Nara didn't say a word and only cried quietly onto her older sister's shoulder, at least she could get her depression away which she kept only to herself for a few months. After having a little talk with her sister, she went upstairs to her bedroom to get some rest. When she was about to lie down on the bed, she suddenly had the urge to check her phone again because maybe she could talk to Mark.

One message received.

마크❤️️20:37PM
"I can't help but to think you're beautiful ❤️️"

Sweet. She smiled at the text message and thought that maybe he was the one who watched her when she was outside. But this was received a few minutes ago, maybe when I was talking with Yongguk oppa. She started feeling uncomfortable thinking that he might saw the kiss she didn't even wanted. Oh, there's another message?

"I'll kill that for kissing you. >:("

She widened her eyes, her thoughts were right. He saw it. It was obvious that Mark was always a jealousy, possesive man when it was about third person in a relationship. He didn't want to share her. She then quickly pressed the green call on the screen to call him and talk. After waiting for a few seconds, he finally answered the call although he made no sound at all.

'Hello?'
'Mark? Hello?'

No answer.
'Mark, hey listen to me. It was an accident, don't kill Yongguk. Okay?'
'Mark...?'
'Okay, if you refuse to talk... I'll just hang up.'
'I love you, Mark.'

'Mhm.'

She gasped when he replied. It sounded like him yet it sounded different. He hung up after that, leaving her curious and made her heart beat faster. He's alive. She was still surprised, and lied down with her eyes freshly opened, the reply he gave made her unable to sleep or even feel sleepy at all. But why wouldn't he talk?

A man stood near the trees near a house building, his eyes locked to Nara who was talking to Yongguk. She is perfection, oh my angel. He thought inside his head while inhaling a deep breath. I want her so bad... wait, what is he doing?! He was suddenly feeling angry when that guy kissed the girl he adored. How dare him? His fist and jaw were both clenched seeing the scene. She is mine! Her lips is mine! I'm gonna kill him! His eyes were dark and sharp like a blade while locking his eyes on Yongguk. But if I kill, my princess won't be happy... He sighed softly and saw the guy who made him angry has left. She is scared, I can feel it. "We can't meet yet, but soon we will. And you'll be mine forever and ever... and ever... and ever." He chuckled bitterly and smiled. I shouldn't really mind others, I'm just gonna talk to my love to calm myself~

"I'll kill that for kissing you. >:("

Message sent. He smirked.

   Author's Notes   

asdfghjkl finally *SWEATS PROFUSELY*
This almost reaches 5k words?! Wow, just what am I doing? lol :) anyway, very curious of what my lovely readers think of this chapter. Hope you enjoyed the chapter and don't forget to comment. Now I'm gonna rest my curly fingers mwah!
P.S, thanks for subscribing, upvoting and commenting!

Next on Sincerely, Your Dead Boyfriend — "All Nightmare Long"