Chapter Thirteen

Sincerely, Your Dead Boyfriend [REWRITTEN VERSION POSTED]

     Chapter Thirteen     
over his dead body

Myungsoo was walking down the street when he suddenly heard someone yelling in grunt, it came from the maple tree park where he saw two men fighting; a taller guy was on top and below him was a shorter guy, it took him a while to realize that they were Sehun and Mark who were fighting. What happened to them? He wondered while hiding behind a tree to watch them quietly. Is it because of Nara? His mind suddenly gave him a little heads up about what might be their reason to fight. He saw Mark kicking Sehun away and it worked, Sehun was kicked back as he tried to stand up again while Mark was trying to take his phone out to call for help, but Sehun was quick enough to prevent him from doing so by kicking his arms and grabbed his collar, dragging him mercilessly to the end of the park's street which led them to a forest with a small cliff below them. Well, well, I want Mark dead anyway... Myungsoo thought in the back of his crazy little mind. There's no point helping him, but this might be a big trap for Sehun was well. He smirked and captured a picture of the scene where Sehun was about to push Mark into the small cliff of dark forest, cold atmosphere, wild plants and God knew what creatures therein. Sehun then eventually pushed Mark as he yelled loudly in pain. Sehun looked to be angry that he was forgetting humanity. He pushed Mark mercilessly and let him just roll down to the ground. That's it, perfect, I can finally make Nara mine. Myungsoo smirked and quietly left without getting noticed.

Jacqueline and Nara both walked down the stairs and headed to the dining area together to see Mrs. Wang was preparing breakfast. They noticed that the boys weren't here yet so Jacqueline decided to wake them up as Nara decided to help Mrs. Wang. "Morning, eommoni," she greeted with a smile while standing next to the older woman. "Can I help you with anything?"

"Morning Nara, you don't have to help. I'm almost done, just help me preparing the dinning table." Sophia smiled back at her as the younger woman nodded while grabbing a piece of cloth to wipe the table and placed plates, forks, spoons and glasses on it afterwards. Sophia then slightly turned to her and asked, "What actually happened, sweetheart?"

"Oh?" She asked in confusion.

"I know it wasn't a study group, what brought you here? It's okay, you can tell me. Mark always told me when he was facing problems and decided to sleepover, you're so similar to him." Sophia told Nara kindly while giving her a concerned look. "Tell me while the boys and Jacqueline aren't here yet."

Nara was frozen and was undecided whether to tell what was her problem that made her run and sleepover in this house. "If this is because of Mark or your sister, I feel the same way too. We can defnitely share our feelings about it. I'm close to them as you're close to them, so let's talk about it if you want." Sophia added while turning the stove off and placed the scrambled egg she cooked onto every plates fairly.

"It's... it's actually related to both. Ever since my past boyfriend died, Mark, someone has always been following me. He even killed my sister, but you gotta keep it to just the two of us, okay?" She said to Sophia while trying not to cry while recaling to the painful truth she had to face. "And he also happened to be the one who kill Mark. And what's more surprising, he is someone who is really close to me, eommoni. I don't know what to do."

Sophia frowned and placed the pan onto the sink while turning on the water switch to cool the pan with the water and washed her hands slightly. She then approached the younger woman and patted her shoulders to hug her comfortably. "Aww, honey. Why don't you call the cops?" Sophia asked. "Let me do that for you if you have not enough courage to do so. Alright?"

When Sophia was about to get the telephone, Nara stopped her. "No! I- I will fight this first. I have to know who is he, what does he really want and why did he kill my loved ones. Once everything is confirmed then I'll call the cops on my own." She smiled to her bestfriend's mom and hugged her back. "Thank you for the offer though."

"Are you sure about that?"

"Yeah." Nara nodded. "Anyway, I asked a police officer to track the true killer of my sister after she was killed. So it's on progress now. We don't have to worry."

They then noticed Jacqueline walking down the stairs with half-opened eyes Jackson and normal Yongguk behind her. Sophia sighed at how careless her son about his morning look when there were guests. "Yah, Jackson Wang, did you wash your face?" She asked in scolding tone as she walked approaching him. Yongguk bowed slightly with a small smile at Mrs. Wang, Sophia. "Morning, eommoni."

"Hello, morning." She greeted back briefly while pushing his son to the nearby bathroom gently to make him wash his just wake up face properly. "Go wash your face, don't make me become the one doing it for you. You're 17 now!"

"Mm." He mumbled while walking inside the bathroom.

Sophia then walked back to the dinning area as she saw them already sitting on the chairs, she then sat joining them as well. A few seconds later, Jackson came out of the bathroom and wiped his face with his shirt and sat next to Jacqueline which is across Nara. Sophia looked at everyone, "Aren't you guys going to school today? Then you should be quick on eating and prepare yourself after that."

"Yeah, but Nara won't be going. It's complicated, so she has to stay home." Jackson said to his mom as he started eating the scrambled egg and bacon served on his plate.

"Sure, she can stay here and give me some company." Sophia said giving permissiong as everyone sigh in relief.

Jacqueline then decided to speak up to her mom. "I'm not going to campus either, mom, got no schedule today. So I guess I'll stay with you and Nara too."

Nara's smile turned wider, it felt like her sister was here in Jacqueline's body. She looked at her as if she was her sister, making her somehow happy and sad at the same time. "Okay," she replied happily with a smile and continued eating their breakfast.

"Does anyone know why is Nara absent?"

Matthew asked, looking at every students that present in the class. Everyone was in a moment of silence and no one dared to speak because they know nothing, but when Jackson was about to answer, Sehun was already rising his hand. "She's absent because she is sick, I'm not sure for how long, but that's all for now I think." Sehun said trying not to sound doubtful. Jackson looked at him and suddenly recalled to the story Nara told him last night, he couldn't believe that Sehun was the one who did all the sick things, but as much as he want to punch him in the face for what he did, he needed to calm in order to keep Nara hidden safely.

"I see," Matthew nodded. "Please tell her to get well soon."

"Okay, Mr. Tuan." Sehun nodded and laid back on the chair to relax and sighed, but there was no relief in it at all.

Later in the reces, Sehun sat alone at the canteen while eating his food in worry. He was worried and had no idea where did she go, she just left with her phone and Mark's phone which he definitely believed that she thought he was behind everything she had been through. His mental health file also was messed inside the drawer of keys, she found out about everything in one night. She might be kidnapped already now by her stalker or maybe worse, he couldn't stand thinking about what might happen to her.

"Hey," Jackson greeted him.

Sehun looked up at him and raised his brows. "Hey."

"How is she?" He asked, pretending to believe what he said earlier about Nara.

"She is actually gone, Jackson. And I don't know where she went nor her current location." Sehun admitted to him with a hint of worry in his voice.

"Really?" Jackson was surprised, or acted like it. "What happened?"

"It's complicated. We had some kind of misunderstanding and she hadn't ask about it first. I swear if she's here, I'll explain myself and make it right." He said sadly, he had no mood to even eat at all remembering everything. He only wanted her back, he didn't care what happens next or what would it take just to get her back. He wanted to see her that was all. "Do you have any idea where is she?"

Jackson nodded slowly and patted his back to comfort him. "Unfortunately, I have no idea that's why I was relieved when I knew she was with you. But now you're telling me this... I'm messed up." He sighed and grabbed a fistful grab of his hair trying to look frustrated. "I'll try my best to help you find her while solving this stalker case she's been through. I'll catch up later."

"Okay, thank you, Jackson." Sehun smiled as he watched Jackson walked away leaving him slowly.

Meanwhile, someone behind Sehun's seat dropped his spoon and smirked. He turned around and laid a hand on Sehun's shoulder making him turn to see him. "Sehun-ssi," he said. "Where is Nara actually?"

"My house, Myungsoo, why?" Sehun said dismissively, eating his lunch normally to look normal and not panic.

Myungsoo smiled. "Nothing, really. I'm just asking because you know, I miss her."

Sehun scoffed and didn't answer which made Myungsoo smirked wider and patted his shoulder twice, slowly but with a hint. "Good luck finding her." He said darkly while standing up from his seat.

Hearing this, Sehun made a quick move by gripping his hand and looked at him intensely. "You know where is she, don't you?"

"Oh come on, Sehun," he chuckled darkly and mysteriously. "Why would I ask you if I knew? I just heard you talk with Jackson. You know, you should watch your back, 'kay?"

Sehun didn't dare to move, he froze there completely. It sounded like Myungsoo knew something in his perspective. When he looked around, Matthew caught his attention; he was looking around while approaching a nearby door to leave the canteen area. Curious, Sehun decided to follow him behind because to him this man seemed really suspicious. They were heading to an office, his office, which was a little far from the door to the school hallway. Before getting inside his office, Matthew looked around making sure no one was around. Sehun had to hide behind the walls, hoping he wouldn't get caught, and lucky him; he wasn't caught. He saw the suspicious teacher walked in without closing the door. He decided to take a little peek inside, seeing the teacher was busy holding a file of papers. It wasn't too long before his phone rang and his eyes left the paper in which Sehun move away from the door at least an inch to prevent getting seen.

"Any good news?" Matthew asked and waited for a response from the caller on his phone. "Well, apparently she is absent right now so I can't really dig anything about it. But I'm going to meet her after school. If she can't answer what I asked, I'll hurt her again - mentally."

There was a moment of silence.

"Because she was his girlfriend! Get it? How can she not know anything about Mark's death? I'm frustrated thinking of this, no I'm stressed. I even have to take my pills every night."

Can he possibly be the stalker? Sehun mused while overhearing the conversation. He tried to think the possible worst scenarios that could happen to Nara next since she was going to meet him later, but following him might be a lead to locate Nara. I'm gonna follow him after school, that's it.

"I can't be patient. This is my only chance before the original teacher recovers."

"Alright, I'm going back to teach again. I'll call you later."

Matthew ended the call and put the file of papers back in a place as he walked away from his office, fortunately Sehun already hid behind the teachers lockers. After that, he walked in front of the office and opened it as he walked inside. His eyes looked around trying to find any place that could be where he placed his archives at, and finally the drawer below his desk grabbed his attention. His gut told him he was right about this. He then opened it and finally found the file. When he opened it, it was filled with pictures of Nara and copies of her data from school report and her house address, the pictures seemed to be taken a long time ago. Below the picture there were dates of when the pictures were taken. Two of them were taken about five years ago while some others were two years ago, and the rest were taken a year ago. He is definitely the stalker, damn it. he dropped the photos back inside the file and put it back until he knew what was he up to before he could do anything about it.

Jacqueline sar on the bed next to Nara while putting on her beauty mask on her face. "So your boyfriend was the one doing all that crap?" She asked upsetly while rolling her eyes. "Like seriously, if he isn't your boyfriend and if you didn't tell me to not report him, I'd report his to the cops already by now."

"I know, if I haven't fallen for him, I would have reported him as well." Nara said with a smile while viewing pictures in Mark's phone gallery, making a part of her missing him again just by viewing his handsome and goofy selcas and pictures of himself and them together. "So, unnie, if he ever stop by asking about me, don't tell him about me being here. And if he ever try to find me here whatever is it, don't let him."

"Yeah, 'course. I get it. You're safe staying in my room for the time being if you're planning to hide." Jacqueline said while laughing and nudging her shoulder. "So for how long will you be absent from school?"

"I don't know... years?" She joked.

"Oh god no, are you being serious right now?" The older girl widened her eyes and looked at the younger girl in shock. "Tell me you're just kidding."

"Yeah, just kidding." Nara laughed. "Actually I'm meeting my teacher at 4, I'm gonna talk to him about things."

"Hopefully you can work it out." Jacqueline said with a smile and then checked her phone while waiting for her mask to dry.

Nara nodded and walked outside to the balcony and found a rock tied to a paper, she grabbed and opened it as she saw what was inside the paper fold. It was actually a picture of Sehun and Mark fighting. Another picture showed Sehun almost pushing her past boyfriend to the dark forest, she gasped and looked below the balcony but there was noone. She wondered who sent her this because it couldn't be Sehun himself because this picture was taken when he was struggling in a fight. Is someone being a black sheep? She wondered. Is someone trying to distract me from finding out about them by using Sehun?

She placed the picture inside his pocket and sat on the bench. What if Sehun really did kill Mark but there is a third person who wants this? She mused hard while placing both her hands on her head. Someone has been expecting this to happen. She had to talk to Sehun, but not now because she didn't think she was ready to even see the face of someone who murdered her former boyfriend.

Taking her phone out, she saw a message came. It was from Lee Kiyong, her homeroom teacher, who asked her if she can come to his apartment right now. She went back inside the room and asked Jacqueline. "Unnie, I have to meet someone early before meeting my teacher. So," she paused to take a breath. "Can I borrow an outfit and sling bag?"

"Who?" She asked while standing up and walked to her wardrobe to pick an outfit. "Sure, but you're not going anywhere until you tell me who are you going to meet."

Nara sighed surrenderedly. "My previous homeroom teacher, Jackson know where to find him."

"Okay," Jacqueline nodded and handed her a jeans pants with white tank top and a crop tee with Bangtan Boys written on it. "Here," she said while grabbing a while sling bag before giving it to her. "Take care and always bring your phone, always!"

"Thankyou, unnie," Nara smiled. "And uh," she gestured to the crop tee. 'I don't know that you're a fan of Bangtan?"

"I'm a hardcore one." Jacqueline said practically as she pushed her to the bathroom to quickly get changed.

Nara pressed the doorbell of Kiyong's apartment and waited for a response. A minute later, the door was opened revealing Kiyong who had bandage around his head indicating he was still sick at the moment. "Hey," he greeted with a kind smile as he let her in. "How's life?"

"Great," she lied.

Kiyong raised hiw brows. "But?"

"My life is miserable." She finally admitted as she sat on the couch he offered her. "Sehun is actually-"

"A murderer?" Kiyong asked making sure while sitting in front of her and sighed. Based on her expression, he knew he was right and he smiled at her afterwards making her confused. "Why do you think I called you?"

She nodded with creased eyebrows while trying to find a possible comfortable sitting position. "Good if you know, I don't have to repeat everything from the smallest crap of details about it." She said in reply with a small bitter chuckle. "About that, can I discuss with you? i mean you're a psychology pro and all."

"Sure," he openly nodded at her request but handed her a file. "But how about you take a look at this first?"

Nara looked down to the paper he gave, it showed her something shocking especially after she read the name Oh Sehun in front. She opened the file with a trembling hand. "What is this?"

"After knowing that this guy is the one who killed your boyfriend, I tried to search about him." Kiyong explained while drinking a cup of tea on the table and then spoke again to her. "I asked my dad if there was a file about someone with the name Oh Sehun in the former mental patient archives. And well, guess what, he found it. It was the completed file while usually the patient only received some copies of their condition results only. He was a mental patient like I predicted."

She read the data and saw him handing her something else. It was a paper which was quite familiar, it was Sehun's work paper from the other day. "in that paper, he admitted that he once felt obsessed with one girl but his obsession healed as he did rehabs. It turned into a pure love afterwards, he loved that girl with his whole heart. Don't you think it was you? Didn't you know him in the past? Haven't you meet him before?"

"I'm not sure, all I can really remember is that I met him when he first came to the school." Nara said putting the paper down as she grabbed the file again to re-read what she was reading before. There was a few reports about Sehun's continuous mental health check up, the first report showed that his mental health was still dsitracted but as the time went by, the report showed that he was getting better.

"As you can see, he keeps getting better on every each times of his mental check up." Kiyong said calmly while watching her reading the reports. he was hoping that she was thinking the same thing like him. 'It's impossible if the report lied about his mental health."

She dropped the papers and looked for another thing from the file that could lead her to anything. She found bills. Something at the end of the bill papers caught her attention. It was Mark's signature and his name. "Wait, how can Mark's signature and name be here? Is he the one paying for his bills?" She asked in confusion. "So they knew eachother?"

"That's what I'm actually trying to show you," Kiyong said while looking at her. "Sehun was released from the hospital on March 2012, Mark was killed by hima few months later. September 2014. These bills prove us that they had a good relationship, I can conclude that the two knew eachother before based on them. So why did Sehun kill Mark anyway? That's a new mystery to solve."

Nara frowned, her eyes furrowed as she read the copies of Sehun's bills. They were all signed by Mark himself. Why did he pay for the bills? She decided to drop them and placed her hand on her head. "I'm confused, oppa. What is this? I was suspecting him but now I felt like I pity him, like I've misunderstood him all along." She said. 'i've been thinking that someone was trapping him. But still, he killed Mark right?"

"Not sure about that, but there has to be a reason even if he really did it." He said in reply while standing up to walk around the living room. "Are you sure that you don't remember him from your past?"

She shrugged. "I'm certain, I can't remember anything."

Kiyong wanted to dig more from her past to help her, but he thought it would drain her mentally as it may cause pain in both her head and heart. He sighed then slowly push the file toward her. "keep it for the time being. We'll discuss about this again tomorrow. Are you going somewhere?"

"Actually I'm meeting the teacher who replaces you for a while after this. he is-"

"Matthew Tuan?" He said turning to face her to see her expression. "I already know, yes. Thanks to Jackson. He is Mark's brother isn't he? I met him once."

"Y-yes," she gulped. "And it seemed like he was trying ot to turtore and blame me. I wanted to get rid of him by telling that Mark was killed by my boyfriend but I can't make a quick sudden move."

Based on the way she spoke, it seemed like she have handled too much pain and fear at once. "Make it right, slowly but sure. If he try to push you, fight it. You're my student, do it my way. Read him, find his reason of why is he pushing you too hard."

"It's hard, he is a psychology teacher just like you. Well me? I'm me. I can't lie, I'm weak. I can't do it, I'm not as expert as you are." She said in worry as she bit her lower lips making him quiet for a while. She then shut her eyes and nodded at last. "Alright, I'll try to do it with my best. Even if I fail, I'll do it my way. I'll make it right."

Kiyong was happy that she finally got the strength and spirit to get through, he cared for her like his own sibling. he couldn't let her fall in her own sorrow while she never did anything wrong. "Call me if you need me. Or you can always find me here."

She nodded and gave him the file back. "I can't keep it, there's no safe place for me to hide it. I'm currently staying somehwere. So you can keep it. I'll comeback tomorrow."

"Alright, I'll keep it for you. I'll only give if you ask for it. Best of luck." He smiled and patted her head, giving her additional strength. She nodded and rubbed his arms before turning around and walked toward the door. He opened the door and let her walk outside. "Bye, stay safe."

"Thankyou," she smiled and left.

Jackson has just arrived home from school, strangely his house was quiet and no sign of Nara around. He decided to walk upstairs and opened the door to his sister's room without knocking only to find that his sister was sleeping alone with a mask and cucumbers on her face.

Jacqueline raised her hand in the air. "Knock first," she said without even seeing him. "Don't be such a rude kid, boy."

"Who said I'm Jackson, I'm mom!" he spat jokingly with a frown.

"Yeah, mom with monkey-like voice. Are you kidding?" She spat back as she grabbed her slippers and threw it at him although it missed. "Knock first, Wang Jiaer. Or I'll kick your with my kung fu. I mean it."

Jackson rolled his eyes and knocked on the door only to speak informally afterwards, like always. "Now where is Nara? Isn't she supposed to be here?"

His sister was still quiet as she was adjusting her sleeping position before replying. "She went out just a while ago," she said. "Why?"

"Where is she going?"

"Meeting her teacher, not sure where." was her reply, she was too reluctant to talk a lot at the moment. But since he was asking about nara, she couldn't help but to reply. "Why?"

No reply.

"Jackson?"

No reply.

"Hey, Jackson, are you there? Did you leave without closing the door?! Yah, Jackson Wang!"

"Why were you absent today?"

Matthew asked while looking at her as well as drinking his cup of hot mocca. His stare was intense, watching her who was reading note of today's lesson he noted for her. He hoped today he could finally get an answer from her because he wanted to know. "I had a fever, I'm very sorry for not telling you earlier, oppa." She smiled while dropping the book on the table and drunk a cup of tea served on the table. "And thank you for noting today's lesson."

"It's okay, at least you're here now. Sehun actually already told me that you're sick." Matthew said smiling back and grabbed his note book before placing it back into his bag. His smile then fell, it turned into a serious look. "Can I still ask you this: where were you when Mark died?"

That question made her froze, again he tried to torture her all over again. She actually can stop this by telling that it was Sehun and all the proofs, but she wasn't ready yet. She loved Mark, but she loved Sehun now. "I was..." She paused as she tried to remember, and somehow she did remember a little. "I was involved in an accident. I was going to visit your aunt, but the taxi I was in almost lose its control. Not sure what happened that night."

Matthew frowned. "Why were you going to visit my aunt alone with a taxi?"

"I'm not sure..." She frowned as well as trying to think hard about what happened that strange night. "I think it's because Mark said he was at hers that night. he told me she made some rice cakes, but when I was arrived, your aunt said he already left. I called him afterwards but he said he was busy..." she then realized something and looked at him with slightly widened eyes. "Next morning, Jackson told me that he is dead."

   Author's Notes   

Sorry for the loooong wait guyss! I've been very busy with school I swear it's hell for me and I was also sick a week ago (still sick until now but I'm getting better). I hope you enjoyed this chapter, tell me what do you think by commenting below. By the way, there's a reason of why I mentioned Bangtan Boys in one scene above and if you wanna know why.... last night BTS did their fanmeeting in Jakarta!!! *cries a river* I'm in Jakarta but I can't go either. My life is officially a crappy lol no I'm kidding but I feel really sad and blue knowing that I can't meet them. ;3;)/ IMMA GONNA GROW UP AND SAVE MONEY BC TRB IS GONNA BE HELD HERE SOMEDAY LATER IDK WHEN (some sources said). Thanks for hearing me out ._. i know I'm such a hyper kid lol :) QUESTIONS? SUGGESTIONS? MESSAGES? >>>>>> ask.fm account AND you don't actually have to sign up to be able to ask me there, it's open for anonymous questions. So yes, do send me some questions or leave messages! It makes me happy :) PLS VOTE BELOW if you want me to keep writing or not :) Thankyou!

P.S HAPPY 5 MONTHS WITH SINCERELY YOUR DEAD BOYFRIEND! ^_^

Next on Sincerely, Your Dead Boyfriend — "The M Case"