Chapter Twelve

Sincerely, Your Dead Boyfriend [REWRITTEN VERSION POSTED]

     Chapter Twelve     
unMasked

Matthew sat on his brother's bed quietly, holding a piece of photo in his hand. It was a picture of him with his brother when they were at an amusement park about seven years ago. Something bothered him about his brother, Mark's death which hasn't been confirmed. He dropped the photo on the bed and breathed out before crossing his fingers and lend his arm on his knees. What if he isn't actually dead? He mused frustratedly thinking of this before sound of phone ringing distracted his mind.

"Sir, death of your brother has been confirmed."

Matthew wasn't really sure at all, in fact, he was more than just doubtful. "How do you know?"

"There is his grave at the local cemetery, people around also said there was a funeral for him as well."

He shut his eyes and exhaled a deep breath with full frustration, he knew this man would be so stupid when being asked to confirm a case. "Have you dig his grave to make sure of it?"

"N-no. Not yet."

"Then that's not confirmed, dammit." He yelled on the phone before lowering his volume again to calm himself. "Dig more informations and don't tell me it's confirmed until it really is confirmed. Is that understood?"

"Yes, sir."

Matthew ended the call and threw his back onto the soft bed and massaged his head since it pounded really hard because he thought of his brother way too hard lately. I have to dig it from Nara, he thought before moving the photo of him and his brother as well as his phone to the nightstand table and laid properly on the bed while turning the TV on. There was a news of Jongin and his family who died yesterday, he spent the night watching it and went to sleep as tomorrow would be his first day teaching in a high school where his brother previously studied.

"What do you mean you know me?" Nara frowned in confusion at Myungsoo who was slowly approaching her with hands inside his pocket. He was so confusing that she felt creeped out with his strange behavior ever since his first day of school. "I never know you. How can you know me?"

Sehun was upset, he stood up and grabbed Myungsoo by his collar with hint of warning in his eyes when he searched for his eyes. "Stop this, she is currently in a bad condition, Don't make it worse, damn you, Kim Myungsoo. You're not funny at all," he said bluntly and then pushed him away. "Get out of here before I break your nose bone right here and right now!"

"Sehun, don't do that." She pleaded while holding him by his shoulders.

Myungsoo gave a death glare at Sehun and then patted his collar which was gripped by him. After that, he looked at Nara for a few seconds before walking away to the door but stopped before leaving completely. "You'll soon find out," he said calmly. "Expect the unexpected."

With that, he left the clinic. Who is he? Do I even know him? Or, did I? She sighed and remained quiet as her boyfriend rubbed her back to comfort her. "It's okay, he is just crazy." He told her while giving her comfort. "Are you feeling any better?"

"I am."

She nodded as they walked outside the clinic and headed to class to study again along with her boyfriend right beside her. When they were arrived in class, all eyes were on them as they walked to their seats. "Do you feel better now, Kim Nara?" Matthew asked in concern.

"Y-yes, opp- I mean, sir." She replied in stutters.

Matthew smiled a little and played with his board marker in his hand. "Good for you, now let's go back to study."

Everyone had their attention back to the teacher as he started to lectured them about psychology again. Matthew walked around the class and explained about today's topic before he shot a question aimed to anyone who could answer. "Have anyone watched any obsession or psychotic related movies?" He asked and saw everyone rose their hands. "Myungsoo! Name me one."

"When A Stranger Calls."

Matthew clicked his fingers. "Exactly. In When A Stranger Calls, the caller is terrorizing the main female role who was sent by her parents to babysit in a luxury mansion and about to kill her, and he also killed the nanny."

Someone rose his hand and asked. "Sir, but the caller doesn't even know her. Why is he terrorizing her? I mean, this means it's not based on obsession, is it?"

"Yes, the caller might be basically suffering a mental disorder which we usually call them psycho." He explained while glancing at Nara once before looking at other students again. "A psycho is obsessed on doing something unusual like killing or turtoring with enjoyment without knowing or caring who the person they did those to. Like drugs, to them doing something like those is addicting. If you watch the movie Vertigo, you see a group of climbers went climbing and found a warning before they climbed to some mountain, they later met a psycho killer who lived up on the mountains. Who knows how he survived to live?"

People rose their hands, but Matthew only choose Sehun to answer. "He klilled every people he met or everyone who went climbing?"

"Correct," he pointed at Sehun and nodded before looking at everyone in the class. "They, I mean every psychotic sydrome patient, will do terrible things like mentioned due to various reasons: heartbreak, disappointment of someone or something, or because of something that happened to their loved ones. Automatically, their mental health will be affected and later distracted because of the pain they can't handle. Who knows about Jennifer Lawrence's movie?"

"House at the End of the Street?" Jackson guessed since he have watched it before.

"Yes, in the movie, you can see that the guy who appears to be nerd-y, kind and a bully victim is actually obsessed on finding girls to replace his dead sister. In the end, he made Jennifer his dead sister too by kidnapping and keeping her in his basement. This is also called psychotic syndrome."

One of the girl students spoke with a scared expression regarding to their teacher's story telling. "Yah, Mr. Tuan, you're giving me goosebumps. They are all really scary." She said purring a little as she saw Matthew chuckled at her complains.

"Alright, I'll stop here." He smiled at her and dropped the boardmarker on his table. "Who can conclude my lecture this afternoon?" He then looked at Nara. "Nara?"

She adjusted her position sear and cleared before started talking. "Conclusion is, every psycho has their reasons. And everyone had the potentials to be a psycho too, especially if..." She paused as she realized something when she was about to continue. "They encounter death of their loved ones..."

 

"Are you still thinking about today's lesson?"

Sehun asked while rubbing her hand as his other hand was driving his car way back home. He noticed she was quiet the whole time and seemed bothered of something, possibly about today's lesson. He quickly recalled to the file she had about her mental health, he once read it when she was asleep and he didn't think she could become a psycho at all. She was normal physically and mentally. He saw her nodding, but her expression was unsure. "What if I become one?"

He sighed as his eyes looked to empty space, he was as well worried. "No, you won't."

"How do you know?" She asked with another frustrated expression.

"You moved on, didn't you? Proven when you're with me the other night. Nara, you have me now," he said in reply a little upset because she seemed to be still thinking of her ex boyfriend. "I will take care of you."

She didn't say anything and went quiet until they arrived home, she quickly got off the car and followed Sehun inside the house, but not interacting to each other as she quickly rushed to bedroom upstairs. She didn't feel like talking at all today and she didn't surely know why. She didn't have any mood after the lesson today. Sehun breathed out and went to his fridge to get a bar of chocolate before walking to the bedroom.

"Hey," he greeted with a soft voice. She didn't turn to see him at all, this made him prompted again by rubbing her head slowly. "I brought you something."

She finally turned around and saw him bringing a bar of chocolate and she finally sat up. "Chocolate," she said with a smile. "My favorite. Thank you, Sehun."

"No problem. Are you sick?" He asked in concern.

"I'm not sure, I don't feel good. My tummy hurts every one minute." She replied while rubbing her stomach as she ate the chocolate enjoying the taste of it. It has been a few weeks since she ate chocolate, the last time was brought by her sister. "My body also ached too."

Hearing this, he put his hands on her shoulder and smiled at her to comfort her. "After this, get some rest okay? And then take a bath with some warm water while I cook you some nice meal for dinner."

She nodded and ate the chocolate again before asking him. "You don't wanna eat this?"

Without answering, he kissed her lips passionately as her eyes widened. His lips traveled to her lips, tasting the chocolate on it. A few seconds later, he pulled away and smiled playfully. "There was a chocolate on your lips, I thought it'd be sweeter if I taste them while touching your lips. And guess what? I'm right."

"I told you not to do that in all of a sudden, Sehun." She hit his head and made a face at him as he tried to run away from her, but she was too lazy to run after him so she threw her shoes at him but missed. He laughed and took her shoes to place them on the cupboard as he went to change his clothes downstairs to let his girl rest for a little while.

Stalker's POV

"Mom, I'm home."

I said while dropping my bag on the sofa and sat next to it, I saw my mom was still sitting on the sofa watching her favorite channel. She was doing that ever since I went to school this morning. "Do you really love this channel? You seem to be enjoying the show."

She nodded. I smiled at her, then rubbed her hand gently. "I met dad today, he was watching me at the street and quickly hid when I noticed. I guess he really is sorry that he made you like this, mom. I hate him so much that I wish I can kill him, but he is my father."

"Kill him then. Pay him for me, for your one and only beloved mother."

She said to me making my eyes widened, my hands shook badly as I heard this. "No, mom," I said but her sad expression broke my heart into shattered pieces. "Not now, there's someone I want to terror or maybe kill. She is someone who dared to slap my future wife and I wanted to hurt her more than she hurt my love."

"Really? Then do what you think is right, my son. I myself can't even stand here hearing that the girl my son loved is slapped by an uneducated girl."

I nodded as she cupped my face and then I rubbed her hands gently. I like that she is so supportive because her support gave me courage to do things. I smiled at her. "I gotta go out to find her, I won't be long."

Taking out a paper, I wrote something in it. After that, with a nod, she let me go out of my house while bringing one of my phones and texted Yura's number. "HOW DARE YOU HURT MY ONE AND ONLY LOVE?!"

After the message was sent, I smirked and decided to visit her house. Luckily, no guards were there despite being a rich girl, although not as rich as a president. I saw and heard a dog barking afterwards making me quickly hid. I then grabbed a rock and tied it to the message I wrote on a paper and hit the dog with it as it got injured. This way, she would definitely noticed the message. I smirked and quickly left the place while walking toward a tree, hiding behind it and waited for her to come home. Or if she was already home, he wanted to see how she reacted.

A few minutes later, I saw a car stopped by in front of the gate. When the gate was opened, the car didn't move a bit as the back seat door opened. Yura came out of the car with panic expression and approahed her dog whose leg was injured. Finally she grabbed the rock and opened the message, and should I say, she looked so shocked. I mean, who wouldn't be if they were sent this kind of message especially those rich spoiler es like her, their expressions and reactions were fun to watch.

"Watch your back,
this time your dog is the only one injured,
but the next time you hurt Nara,
your closest one will be next, or maybe you will.
Ciao."

She then looked around, almost crying at her dog's injured leg. Once again, a satisfied dark smirk lingered on my lips before I quietly walked away from the area.

Nara slowly walked upstairs only to see Sehun was at his desk checking his phone before he dropped it on the desk when she came in and looked at her. She breathed out and smiled at him. "Are you busy?" She asked while rubbing his shoulder. "I think I'm on PMS, but there's no pads here. Should I buy it? But the thing is, I don't have any money."

"No, I'll buy it for you." He said standing up while ruffling her hair as he placed his phone in his pocket. He then kissed her head and walked outside the room with her slowly following him downstairs. He spoke again, "The store is kinda far from here, so you can't go alone especially with PMS condition. So I'll buy it, okay? Stay here and lock the door."

She nodded with a smile and rubbed his back before he stepped out of the house. "Okay, be careful on the way." She told him softly with a low volume. "Thank you for doing this, Sehun."

"No biggies, I'm your boyfriend remember?"

She blushed and gave him a smile as he left. He closed the door and locked it as she grabbed a glass of drink and brought it upstairs, but something at the end of the hallway caught her attention, it was a door at the end of hallway that she never knew what door and which room it led the to. Since the ownerr wasn't here, it's probably fine for her to just check what was inside. When she tried to open it, it was locked. She then walked to their bedroom to open the drawer where she saw him usually find for keys.

There was a special looking key that was only one inside the drawer, it has a different shape than any other keys. She had a bold feeling that it was the key to the door. After having the key in her hand, she walked back to the door and tried to unlock it and it apparently worked. Slowly she walked inside and saw nothing. First thing she tried to find was lamp switch because it was dark; when it was , the place showed themselves to them. There was a computer, laptop and some papers on the desk. When she walked around the desk, she found her phone on it. She was relieved as she grabbed her phone which she hadn't seen for a few days or a week, probably. "Finally," she breathed out and turned her phone on to check it. After that. she opened the message box and saw a few message came as well as misscalls by her stalker. She scrolled down and saw something strange. "I didn't feel like I have read these two messages, but it was marked read...."

"Be carefuly, baby, because even the devil may care."

She frowned. Devil may care?

"Oh, hey. Sehun-ah. Why are you the one who replies? This is Nara's phone, give it back to her."

Curious, she decided to open other messages.

"Are you afraid? LOL"

"I'm sending this to Nara, not to you Sehun, don't dare to read. Nara, please listen, he is dangerous. Trust me, you have to trust me."

"For how much longer will this phone be taken?"

"DAMN YOU OH ING SEHUN"

"I'm gonna reveal this directly, don't worry, in the end, you'll be miserable too. Coward."

Nara frowned in confusion as she mused what was these texts all about. Her eyes then left the phone screen and hit her nails as she tried to figure out why her stalker wanted her to know something hidden about her current boyfriend. She then noticed something familiar on the desk, it was a phone. And it looked like Mark's phone. She slowly grabbed it in terrified, and turned the phone on only to see the wallpaper was her eating ice cream. And she remembered exactly it was taken by Mark's phone and she saw him using it as a wallpaper a few days before he died.

Her hands trembled, she opened the gallery and saw a ton of their pictures together, some were pictures of himself and then pictures of her. Tear dropped on her cheek, she couldn't believe that Sehun was the one who killed Mark because he had the phone. He is the stalker? She sobbed while putting them in her pocket as she locked the door again and put the key back into the drawer where she also noticed a file under keys with Sehun's name on it. Carefully, she grabbed it out and opened the file.

MENTAL HEALTH TEST RESULT
Donghee Mental Hospital
Release date:
March 16th, 2012

NAME: Oh Sehun
D.O.B: April 12th, 1997
AGE: 15
SYMPTOMS: Obsessed, killed his own family which he admitted was to be alone with his futurewide happily, self-hurt.

Her hand quickly covered as her jaw broke open after reading, who wouldn't be shocked and deeply disappointed that she just found out that her boyfriend was a mental patient. She then dropped the file on the ground and ran downstairs right nearby the door. She opened the door and walked outside before shutting it close and ran from home while crying. This was his sick game. She sobbed while thinking hard. I might be dead like Mark. She said in the back of her mind as she kept running. She planned to visit Jackson's house, but it was too far and her legs were too weak to run further. She remembered Yongguk's house was nearby this area. She rang the bell of his house, and saw the man who opened the door was an ahjussi whio kinda surprised her. It must be Yongguk's mother's friend. He let her in and told her to sit as he grabbed some drink. When he was back, he smiled and sat close to her although she tried to keep their distance appropriatel to prevent bad things from happening. "Are you okay, little lady? Your eyes are red." He asked in concern. "And just wondering, who are you?"

"I'm fine, but yes, I was crying. Thankyou for asking, ahjussi." She smiled hesitantly. "I'm Yongguk's friend."

She said in reply as she could hear music and people singing and giggling from upstairs. She looked up and then looked back at the ahjussi and was about to speak, but he cut her off. "Yongguk's mom and some of our friends are having fun upstairs, wanna join? You'll forget about your problems. Come with me." He said while trying to touch her hand and cralwed closer to her.

"No, thanks. I just want to meet Yongguk ahjussi." She said with an uncomfortable smile and then backed away. He kept teasing her and this time he cornered her on the sofa because his hands were blocking her hands. "Call me oppa, sweetheart. Come on, we'll have fun."

She closed her eyes and was abaout to give in but a deep bass voice made her open her eyes and saw the ahjussi turned to see where the voice came from. It was Yongguk. "What do you think you're doing? Do you want to die?" He asked while walking closer to grab the ahjussi by his collar. "How dare you?"

"Alright Yongguk, fine, I'll go back upstairs." he replied while holding his hand in the air and left after Yongguk released him.

"Are you okay?" Yongguk asked in concern while checking her condition. "What brought you here?"

"I'm looking for a home to stay." She replied.

He frowned. "What happened? Aren't you supposed to be staying at Sehun's?"

"I'll tell you later, I need to have some time alone. And I need a place to stay to do that. Will you give me a room?" She looked at him while pleading, she couldn't reach Jackson's house because she was mentally and physically tired due to her PMS and it was dark outside. "I mean, can I stay here?"

He looked worried and held both of her shoulders as he stared into her eyes. "Unfortunately, a lot of ahjussi will be staying here tonight. It's not gonna be safe for you to stay here." He said worrily. "Let's find a hotel, I have some money. Let's stay there, it's a lot safer."

"No, no, we better stay at Jackson's. It's safe too and nearby."

Rolling his eyes, he had no choicear afterwards but to agree as he grabbed his motorcycle key and some money. He offered her a jacket and walked outside the house together and ride their motorcycle. She held on by gripping his waist. "I'll drop you here, I'll be back because I'm gonna buy you something."

After 5 minutes trip, they were finally arrived in front of Jackson's house. She got off the motorcycle and smiled at him. He retruned the smile and ruffled her hair. "I won't be long, go inside, but don't flirt with him okay?"

"Don't worry, I won't. He is my best friend." She said with a chuckle as she rung the bell of Jackson's house and prepared to greet whoever opened the door, it might be Jackson's parents after all.

But she was wrong,

It was Jackson himself who opened the door.

He looked surprised.

"Nara?" He looked at her in surprise as well as confusion because she showed up in all of sudden. "What are you...?"

"Hi," she smiled at him. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah, sure." He opened the door wider and let her in. She walked inside the house and waited as Jackson locked the door. He turned around to see her and gestured her upstairs to his room where his clothes, snapbacks, headphone and shoes were all over the place. He quickly tidied them. "Typical boys room," she chuckled.

"So what brought you here?" He asked while letting her sit on the bed as he grabbed a chair and sat on it close to her.

She sighed. "I'm having a hard time dealing with Sehun. Please don't say about it to him, I don't wanna see him."

"What happened?"

"I can't say, but the point is that we argued. And I don't wanna see him until I really want to." She told him as she massaged her head, it pounded again really bad and made her almost go crazy. "Can I stay here?"

He nodded and understood that she didn't want to talk about it yet. "Sure," he said in reply.

"Thank you," she smiled comfortably. "And does your mother or sister have pads?"

His eyes widened as he gulped and looked at her. He then gestured outside the room and she followed behind while wondering if it was okay. "Noona," he called.

No answer.

"Noona?" He called again while knocking on the door.

"What is it now Jackson?" She reluctantly answered.

He hesitantly asked as it would sound weird if a guy asked for pads. "D-do you have pads?"

"What?" She rose her voice. "Are you being serious? Asking me for pads, are you kidding?"

He stayed quiet as he rolled his eyes. "Ya! Noona!"

"Why?" She rose her voice in reply.

"Do you have pads?" he rose his voice as well. Door of her room has finally opened slightly as a pads was threwn out before the door closed again. He hushed and gritted his teeth on the door and then handed the pads to Nara as she chuckled.

"Gomawo unnie," she said to his noona although there was only 40% possiblity of her to hear it.

"Is that a girl vo-" They heard his noona said loudly and opened the door making both Nara and Jackson turned around. "OMO. Nara? Hi!"

"Hi, Jacqueline unnie." She bowed at her and smiled nicely.

"Yah, you know what, I almost texted my dad about my brother being crazy asking for pads, I thought he really is crazy." She rolled her eyes and then smiled to her in the end.

"Hehe, sorry! I'll be staying here for an undecided period of time. Hope you don't mind." Nara reported while tucking a piece of her hair to the back of her ears. Then a sound of door surprised her, it was Jackson's mom which made them quiet in deadpan. "Hello, eommoni."" She greeted with a nervous smile and bowed down.

"Hello," she greeted back with a smile. "What are you doing here?"

"Uhm, study group with Jackson. I'll be staying for a while because it was a very big project at school," she said lying because she couldn't say the truth at the moment. "Is that alright to you?"

"Sure, that's alright." Sophia, his mom, smiled and patted her shoulders. "Do you want some cakes? Jackson went to his cousin's birthday yesterday, we got some cakes and brought it home."

"No, I'm fine, Mrs. wang, thank you." She said smiling nicely as she excused herself. "I need to use bathroom now, excuse me."

With that, Sophia nodded and walked downstairs. Jacqueline stared at her younger brother and dimissively walked back into her room as he gritted his teeth at her and was about to walk inside his room before the doorbell rang. He walked downstairs and was going to open it when he saw  his mom already opened it. It was Yongguk on his doorstep.

"Jackson, another friend is here for study group too?"

Jackson rolled his eyes and exhaled. "Yeah, leave him. I'll take care of him from here."

Sophia nodded and left to the kitchen as he forcefully let Yongguk in but not yet leading him upstairs. "What are you doing here?" He asked reluctantly as if interrogating him.

"Does Nara mention about staying here? Well, she visited me first and asked me to stay there but my house is busy, so she said "we better stay at Jackson's" you mind?" Yongguk smirked making him sigh and finally led him upstairs to his room. There was Nara who was adjusting her hair.

"Yongguk oppa, you're here."

Yongguk nodded and offered a plastic of streetfoods and bubble tea. "I brought you these," he grinned while handing them to her before sitting on the bed. "Now tell what is actually going on that makes you leave his house?"

Jackson also wanted to know as he looked at her in concern and leaned against the desk. Nara then looked at both who looked like they were expecting an answer, and she finally inhaled a deep breath before started to speak about the story.

Stalker's POV

I saw Yongguk came back while riding his motorcycle into the front side of Jackson's house. There were so many people and this was in someone else's house, I can't play with her this way. I gritted my teeth until an idea came into my head, she has brought her phone with her. Oh, I can't wait until I can hear her voice through the pone after a very long time. I knew I heard her voice in class before - but I still want to hear her voice interacting to me directly. I wanted her to call my name when I finally keep her with me. Thoughts of them drove me crazy, like seriously crazy. Then, I heard some girls walking from left direction and saw me before approaching me. "Hello, Myungsoo oppa, what are you doing here?" One of them asked me. "It's cold. Do you want to come with us? We're buying ramyeons."

"Hey, junior classes right?" I smiled playfully at them as they giggled at my smile. "No, sorry. I'll stay. I'm waiting for a friend."

Another girl then looked at a house. "I heard Jackson oppa lives nearby, are you waiting for him?"

"Yes," I nodded at her question while wishing these girls could leave already because I'm tired of girls seeking for attention unlike Nara. "Have fun eating ramyeon, next time I'll join y'all."

They odded and slowly walked away from me, leaving me here all alone with a phone in my hand. Then a smirk grew on my face as I thought of what can I do with a single phone.

 

After telling the full story, Nara then decided to go to bed but she found herself lying in the middle of Jackson and Yongguk. She then sat up while taking her and Mark's phone, and then left the room heading to Jacqueline's room. She couldn't sleep with some guy who isn't her boyfriend, but yes she once slept next to Yongguk (actually not just once), but today she just felt awkward. "Unnie?" She called.

Finally the door opened, Jacqueline walked outside and smiled at her. "Hi, what is it?"

"can I sleep in your room? I can't sleep with Jackson since I'm a girl and he is a guy." Nara said smiling shyly at her, afraid she wouldn't allow her. "I'm sorry if I'm disturbing you."

"No, it's totally fine. Come inside." Jacqueline said while pulling her inside her room, it was big and very luxury. "You can sleep with me. It's been long since I had another person to sleep with here, usually it's my cousin who sleeps with me here."

Nara nodded and then followed her to the bed as they sat on it, talking and sharing a little before they decided to sleep. "Thank you so much unnie. Good night!

   Author's Notes   

5k+ words dear lord what have I done. this is like one of the longest chapter I've done ;3; any comments? I'm sure you have something to say, to review, about this chapter. Any thoughts? BTW I FELL ASLEEP 4 TIMES WHILE TYPING THIS CHAPTER NO KIDDING. Goodnight, it's 12:45am here! Send me questions (any kind of) on my ask.fm account and you don't actually have to sign up to be able to ask, it's open for anonymous questions. So yes, do send me some questions or leave messages please?! <33

Next on Sincerely, Your Dead Boyfriend — "Over His Dead Body"