Chapter Eleven

Sincerely, Your Dead Boyfriend [REWRITTEN VERSION POSTED]

  Chapter Eleven     
ctrl:m

Two years ago...

A girl was sitting on her make up table while putting on her earrings, in front of her there was a reflection of herself in the mirror. She was beautifully dressed in a black mini dress and her face was layered with a thin layer of natural romantic-y make up. As soon as her earrings was already on her ears, she grabbed a bottle of perfume from the make up table and sprayed them on her dress. Smiling sweetly, she looked up at herself in the mirror as her eyes blinked letting her lashes beautify her eyes a little more. Perfect, she thought with another smile at the thought of herself this evening.

"My girlfriend is really pretty," a voice behind her said as she looked up at him through the mirror. It was her boyfriend whom she thought really good looking in that black long sleeved shirt and pants. "Are you ready yet?"

She stood up with a smile and turned around to see him. "I am."

"Kim Nara, you have no idea how I really feel lucky being your boyfriend." He said taking her hand and slowly pulled her closer to plant kisses on her forehead. He then rubbed her hand as his lips still kissing her forehead for a few more seconds, making her feel a lot more loved. "Let's go now, someone is eager to meet you."

A nod she showed made him quickly led her outside the room and walked downstairs together slowly as she could see a figure was in the dining room taking out three bottles of wine. When she reached downstairs, she walked into the dining area with her boyfriend while the figure turning around to reveal his face. He looked so much like her boyfriend, but his body was taller and a lot more buffy as well as a lot more muscled. "Nara, let me introduce you to my older brother, Matthew Tuan." Her boyfriend said with a big smile. "Hyung, this is my girlfriend, Nara."

Matthew smiled and reached his hand out toward her. "hi, I've heard so much of you from Mark. It's nice to meet you, I'm Matthew."

"Did you just say Tuan?"

Sehun asked in surprise as his eyes widened as there was only one guess in his mind that Matthew must be Mark's brother and this thought was definitely right. His eyes then moved to the figure in front of the class as he could hear people talking about him being so hot looking and then saying he looked cute and a lot more. Is he here for something? Suddenly the thought hit him knowing that this guy might be looking for his brother who was dead already.

"Alright, hello, good morning class. Due to Lee Kiyong being injured at the moment, I will be taking his place for a while. Therefore, I'm greatly expecting your coorporation and respect." Matthew spoke with a fresh nice smile at every students and locked his eyes on Nara for a few seconds before looking away to other students in front of him. "So, my name is Matthew Tuan and I'll be teaching psychology and be your homeroom teacher until Lee Kiyong fully recovered. There is no specific rule when you're with me, all I want is respect. Respect the tasks I gave and decisions I made. Respect me and I'll do the same. Is that understood?"

As soon as the last name Tuan was said, all students were surprised and they started to whisper to each other talking about the possibility of him being their dead friend's relative, Mark Tuan. "Understood?" He repeated with a louder voice as everyone said understood in reply. A student then rose her hand and asked, "I'm sorry for asking this sir, but are you related to our friend, Mark?"

"Yes, I am." He said with a serious tone as he looked at everyone and gave his former sister in law a special look. He did them continously in repeat. "Now, let me know the names of my students. Ahn Soojin."

When he called the name, a girl with short black hair rose her hand as he saw her before smiling kindly with a nod at her. He continued calling one by one students to know their names.

"Ahn Jaewon."

"Cho Taekwang."

"Choi Hana."

"Choi Jinwoo."

"Go Eunhee."

"Gong Minah."

"Han Soojung."

"Hong Seunghyun."

"Im Jaehyun."

"Jackson Wang."

"Jae Inkwang."

"Kim Jongin."

A student rose his hand and said, "He is no longer here, sir."

"What do you mean no longer here?" Matthew frowned with confusion while looking at the student who volunteered to give a statement about their classmate.

"He is in... he is in heaven."

Matthew nodded in understanding and eventually striked the name into Kim Jongin. "I'm really sorry about him everyone, please don't feel offensed. Let's continue, shall we? Kim Myungsoo."

"Kim Nara."

"Oh Sehun."

"Park Saerin."

"Park Youngdon."

"Song Eunbyul."

"Song Donghyuk."

"Yoo Rae."

"Yoon Song Yi."

"Yoon Seunghyuk."

Finally, he got to know one by one students he was going to teach for temporary period. He dropped the students' list book on the table and looked at everyone in the class. "Who knows what an unhealthy relationship is caused by? I think the briefing of our lesson is better start like this, shouldn't it? Anyone want to answer my question?"

Myungsoo rose his hand and answered when he was allowed to. "Posession. Unhealthy relationship is caused by overly posessed behavior of one."

"Correct," Matthew nodded. "A posession can lead to an unhealthy relationship, why?"

Nara watched him talking which reminded her of her dead boyfriend. A drop of tear fell as thoughts kept zipping by as well as the memories. Matthew seemed to notice this. "Kim Nara-ssi?" He asked while looking at her sharply.

"Y-yes," she wiped her tears and started to spoke answering his question. "Because one is a possesive lover, they can turn obsessive anytime and things might not be as normal as any usual relationships would be. They will warn their lover not to do this, and they will ask their lover to do this or that with them in order to make them feel happy and loved. Because it's what they believed in."

Matthew stared at her for a few seconds before saying "exactly", and walked around again. "Have you ever suffer this, Nara?"

"No, I haven't." She said in stutters as Matthew nodded with a smile a few seconds after he was frozen at the answer from her.

People around her asked to each other. "Yah, they seemed really close."

"Of course they are, she dated his brother. I'm sure they've met before, like when Mark introduced her to his family."

Nara sighed and looked down while massaging her head to endure the headache. Sehun then gave her a small note of paper quietly. It reads "are you okay?" inside the folded paper. She grabbed her pen and wrote back "yeah, i am" before handing it back to him.

He looked at her in pity and exhaled his breath before continued listening to the lecture. She obviously seemed not okay at all, his guesses told him that she might be still thinking of her ex after seeing the brother. He was tired to keep seeing her in sorrow like this. I'll be your rainbow that showed up after rain, Nara-ya. He smiled a little and caressed her head for a few seconds before lifting his hands away from her head. "Is Nara alright?" Matthew asked in concern.

Sehun looked up at him and said to him. "Yes, she is, you don't have to worry, sir."

"I'm just concerned. She looked unwell," he said while moving closer to her and rubbed her head to comfort her. "Can you take her to the students clinic?"

Sehun, without saying anything else, took her to the students clinic carefully while rubbing her shoulder. He was really concerned about her at the moment. "Hey, princess, are you okay?" He asked with a low volume and in a comforting tone, his eyes couldn't leave her at all.

"I think he is thinking that I have something to do with Mark's death. I really feel guilty now, but I can do nothing." She replied, telling him what she had been feeling about Mark's brother, feeling anxious that he might be blaming her. "What should I do? I don't even know how my past boyfriend died."

He stopped for a second and made her wonder why, she then looked at him with a frown. "What?" She asked him.

"No- nothing."

Both then continued walking again to the clinic as he told her to lie down on the bed while he was looking for the medicine for her. At the same time, his mind recalled to what she said about their replacement teacher earlier; she felt like he was blaming her for Mark's death. Walking back to give her a medicine and water, he smiled at her and handed them to her. "Thank you," she smiled back in reply. "I'm indeed feeling dizzy at the moment, you're a great mind reader alright."

He chuckled while giving her a nod as he looked at her beautiful face. Or did she really kill Mark? He mused in his head before a smile she showed him pulled him back to reality.

"So you've been studying in America since Mark was a junior high schooler?"

Nara asked before drinking a glass of wine and saw the other guy nodded with a smile. She wouldn't lie, he looked a lot like her boyfriend especially when he smiled or when he laughed. "Yeah," was his only reply as he didn't seem to want to show off about his life.

"Yes, he left me alone for so long. You're BBB, hyung. Bad Big Bro." Mark said jokingly and chuckled when his brother widened his eyes to threaten him, it made him laugh rather than be scared.

Matthew then decided to pay his revenge on him. "You're the one telling me to leave quickly, don't you remember, Mark?"

She laughed at their conversation and turned to her brother in law. "How's life in US? Do you have a girlfriend?" She questioned in curiosity while taking a french fries from the plate on the table.

"Life in the US is great, different from Asia most especially is the lifestyle and culture. And no, I don't have a girlfriend yet. I'm not planning to date at the moment," Matt answered kindly while looking at hus glass of wine before gulping them down. He seemed to be keeping his principle really well and seemed not to be interested on breaking them. She wondered why.

"Why?"

He breathed out and dropped the glass on the table as he looked into an empty space. "Because I've seen how relationships end tragically, and there's more than just many relationships go unhealthy. So I need some time before I decide to do relationship."

"Even when she is sleeping, she looks really pretty,"

"I know right but don't speak too loud, she will wake up."

"But even she wakes up, she'll be thankful that we took care and watched her during her sleep.

"No, stupid, she'll think we're byuntae."

Sehun then walked closer slowly behind them and grabbed their collars as they were surprised, it was Sehun without any expression. They were afraid that they got caught by him, the one who people said became Nara's boyfriend. "What do you think you're doing?" He asked a little upsetly while still holding on their collars.

"Nothing sunbaenim." One said in stutters.

"Why are you here?"

One other eventually talked to defend themselves. "We were just trying to get a medicine and saw her here, we mean no harm I swear."

"Lies, what's with "watched her during her sleep"? Are you two stalkers?" He prompted again while tightening his grip on their collars to scare them more.

"No no no, we're just passing by!"

He finally let go of their collars to set them free and looked at both of the junior students and warned them. "Go now, if things like this ever happen again, you're dead and I'll make sure you're dead in my arm. Go!"

They nodded hesitantly and rushed outside the clinic to their class as he sat near to her bed and stared at her facial features. Without him realizing, a smile grew on his lips as if something made him feel happy. Everything about her made me feel really happy. He thought while caressing her head gently. Suddenly he heard the clinic door opened. He looked to the direction to see who was it and breathed out as he saw Jackson walking inside. "is she okay?" He asked but not looking so concerned.

"Are you concerned now?" Sehun looked at him. "You walked past by her when she was going to greet you in Mr. Lee's room. She is disappointed, are you even her friend?"

Jackson sighed and folded his arms. "I am and I'm sorry. I have decided to watch her from afar. I can't be involved when she now has someone she liked."

"Do you like her?"

Jackson nodded. "I do, since Mark introduced her to me. We also hung out together often."

"I see," Sehun said while rubbing her hand and looked at her while talking to his classmate who was standing nearby. "You don't have to avoid her, you know? Right now she needs people to stay by her side, she had been through a lot of hard times."

"You mean she thought her boyfriend is still alive but it was actually someone else who randomly texted her with Mark's phone? Yeah I know." Jackson said seriously and looked at her face, deep down he couldn't let his feelings go, he really liked her and probably more than Mark ever did.

"W-what?" He stuttered.

Jackson nodded with a sigh and spoke again. "I'll try to stick with her and solve this case, she needs to be protected." He told him with the serious expression before seeing their teacher walking in as they went quiet and bowed down at him. "How is she?" Matthew asked.

"She is fine, she is just overtired I guess. Her ex boyfriend is dead, her sister is dead and then her best friend too, Jongin. Who wouldn't be mentally tired when those happened? Especially when she had no parents."

Matthew looked surprised. "Her sister is dead?"

Both Jackson and Sehun nodded slowly and the three of them moved their attention to the young girl who slowly woke up. "She is awake," Matthew said informing them as he walked closer.

"Can we talk outside, Sehun?" Jackson asked.

As Sehun nodded, Jackson walked outside followed by him. Meanwhile in the room, Matthew sat on the chair next to the bed where Nara was lying on it at the moment, "Hi." He greeted her with a smile.

"Hey, oppa." She greeted back doubtfully and looked into his eyes for only a few seconds before she looked away nervously.

He chuckled, "how are you feeling, kiddo?"

"I'm doing fine," she answered and sat up on the bed as he ruffled her hair, he was still like the last time she met him, playful yet caring. But everytime she looked at him or realize that he was here, she was always reminded of Mark. Does he know that this is turtoring me?  She mused in her head. Does he know that I'm always feeling turtored everytime he reminded me of his brother. "How about you? It's been a long time since we met,"

He smiled again and exhaled while rubbing his thigh to his knee nervously because it has been long since they talked like this. "If I say I'm fine, then I'd be lying." He said in reply. "My brother is dead and I can't even attend his funeral just because I had to attend a parent teacher conference in US since it's important they said. What a bad brother."

"I'm sure he is happy now that you can finally able to explain yourself," she grinned and swung her leg to the side while patting his shoulder. "Have you visited his grave?"

"Yeah, and brought him some flowers." He nodded and there was a sad smile lingered on his lips. "Anyway, I heard that your sister is dead. I'm really sorry to hear that. I know how you feel when your sibling is dead."

As much as she wanted to continue sharing, she wanted to stop because it ached her heart over and over. She had no one to emotionally share her true feelings with before, but she couldn't go on, it'd hurt her and him again as well. But Matthew was like an exact person to share her feelings to. "Thank you," she simply said.

"I can't believe Mark is dead. But do you know how is he dead and are you sure than he is really dead?" He asked looking a little bit sad as his glare moved into an empty space.

"I'm sorry oppa, I don't know how is he dead and I think he really is dead since I attended his funeral..."

"How can you?" he held both of her shoulders. "You're his girlfriend, aren't you? How can you not know? Is he sick?"

"I'm so sorry, Matthew oppa. I'm really sorry,"

He let go of her shoulders and sighed frustratedly as he placed his head on his hands.

 

"What's with Mr. Tuan and Nara?" Jackson asked in a low volume. Sehun felt like he was interogated right now while he knew only a little, since she hadn't tell him too much about Matthew. But his instinct told him that Matthew was here for something else other than teaching. He wasn't sure if it was right, but he felt like this has something to do with Nara or Mark.

"He is her former brother in law, she sure is reminded of Mark everytime she saw him now." Sehun said reluctantly while folding his arms. "But I don't feel good about him, I'm afraid he's here to blame her about Mark or worse."

Jackson bit his lower lips as well as rubbing his jawline while thinking. "Just keep an eye on both, if he ever mean to harm her, it's going to show up as time goes by."

"But what if she really kills Mark?" Sehun looked at him without any specific expression and this made Jackson a little surprised as well.

After their teacher left the clinic room, Sehun went back inside followed by Jackson behind him. She was sitting on the bed quietly while wiping her tears, it seemed like she just cried. Sehun quickly approached her to comfort and calm her, followed by Jackson who asked if she was okay. A nod from her made it clear that she wanted them to think she was fine.

"I know you're lying, but I can't force you to say what was it about." Jackson sighed and patted her shoulders. "I'm really sorry I ignored you earlier at the hospital."

She looked up at him and nodded. "It's okay, I get it. But why?"

"I had some hard times, you don't have to know." He said lying to her as a fake smile showed up on his lips. Fortunately, it worked. She didn't seem to know he was hiding his feelings deeply inside his heart. After that, he prepared himself to leave. "I gotta go, bell has rang."

She nodded and then turned to her boyfriend. "Why don't you go back and study? I'll be fine and catch up soon."

"No, I'll stay with you." He smiled and rubbed her hands gently. A part of him jus won't leave her alone even if he was forced to. "So how's things with Mr. Tuan?"

She looked into his eyes and spoke. 'He's really nice and playful, just like the old times."

 

"So what do you study, oppa?" Nara asked in curiosity as they walked to the balcony while Mark was watching the cleaning service was cleaning every parts of his penthouse. Matthew looked at the beautiful scenery as he was holding his glass of wine.

"I study psychology."

"I study psychology too at school along with Mark. We have the same interests."

"Yes, I heard from him." He said simply and briefly before drinking the wine and spoke to her. "But I'm really curious, what makes you love him?"

Her mind quickly worked and replied to his question. "He is really kind, gentle, smart and loving I guess? I don't really know why, I just do."

"It's like he casted a spell on you, hm?"

She nodded with a grin and mumbled about him knowing her very well. "Have you ever feel like that?"

"Yes, and that's why I said I don't do relationships at the moment." He explained to her referring to the things he said earlier about not wanting to date yet. She nodded in understanding as she glaced at him before looking to the scenery. "So, Nara, do tell me about your past life and your family."

As her hand trailed down to the balcony fences, she took a deep breathe and tried to make up sentences to say in her head. Wind of the night sky was a little colder than usual, it stabbed bones to its deepest part. Matthew noticed how cold it was and took off his suit to wrap it around her. "It's cold, I can't let you freeze." He said grinning playfully at her. "Said someone who wants to be a gentleman. By the way, if you don't feel like talking about your past, it's fine."

"No, no, no," she held his hand before letting it go. 'I'll speak. So actually, I only live with my sister, she said that our parents died. I can't remember anything in the past, so I have no clue about anything."

"Oh, I'm sorry." He said turning to face her.

She pressed her lips together and nodded. "It's okay, I have Mark. He lighten my days."

"I see," he nodded. "Are you happy to be with him?"

"I am," she replied. "I'm glad I met him, he's the only one who knows me after my sister. He's always there with me even during my rough times."

Matthew crossed his fingers and let it feel the air as he placed it on the balcony fences after putting the glass of wine on the table and looked down to the streets. "I think he thought the same way too. He never dated anyone as long as he was with you. It's beena  year right? His relationship usually lasts for like 3-4 months."

"Why did they broke up?" She asked.

"Various reasons; some he said are dead, some left him to leave Korea," he explained. "I really pity him, but now I'm glad he has you by his side. You seem really special to him, Nara."

 

"He said that you're special to Mark?" Sehun was not so surprised yet not so calm either, he was just a little curious on how Mark never dated girls well until he met nara, although it didn't end well still, but at least they dated for a very long time.

"Yeah, what do you think makes him think I'm special to him?" She asked curiously with a familiar frown as she saw him shrugging.

"You. You loved him with all of you, didn't you? It made him think you're special to him." A voice behind them said and they turned to see who came.

"How do you know, Myungsoo?" She asked worriedly, he started to get creepier.

"Haven't I told you that I know you?"

   Author's Notes   

UPDATE ALERT HERE. kyaaa hi, i miss you guys. thank you so much for the comments on previous chapter, is there any for this chapter? for those who gave up before knowing who is the stalker and unsub or whatsoever, you'll regret because next chapter will reveal who the stalker is. >:) Comments? Thoughts? By the way, check foreword for Matthew's character chart. YES I KNOW JOEY IS THE REAL BRO OF MARK - but this is fictional world guys! Imagination is your basic tool for a fanfic. :) And yes, like told in foreword, you who played as Nara is really popular as in pretty and intelligent. So please do not be surprised when people are obsessed. Once again, if you comment, thank you. <3

Send me questions on my ask.fm account and you don't actually have to sign up to be able to ask, it's open for anonymous questions. So yes, do send me some questions or leave messages! <33

P.S you guys know what - BIGBANG DID THEIR CONCERT A FEW HOURS AGO IN JAKARTA WHICH IS THE CITY I LIVED. while i was sitting here typing my fanfic lmao. the good thing is that i inhale and exhale the same breath with them and stepped on the same country lolbye night mwah XOXO

Next on Sincerely, Your Dead Boyfriend — "unMasked"