Chapter Two

Sincerely, Your Dead Boyfriend [REWRITTEN VERSION POSTED]

  Chapter Two     
all nightmare long

A man stood behind the house building, watching a man who was watching Nara's house with a phone in his hand. So you're the one playing around with her huh? He smirked and captured a picture of him hiding behind the trees near to her house. You'll be dead for doing that to my love. He put his digital camera back inside his pocket and put a hoodie on before walking away from the area, thinking of the plans to make the guy pay for stalking his crush. Stupid stalker.

Nara walked inside the school hallway with her bag wrapped on her shoulder, rushing hurriedly to her classroom. She had slept for a few hours last night but not well, she kept waking up because her dream has been peppered with nightmares about her boyfriend. Even when she slept with her sister, she couldn't feel safe and comfortable at all. Everything confused her at this point, she wasn't sure whether to believe that Mark wasn't dead or this was just a trap. But what trap? She mused in her head, thinking of hundreds possibilities about her boyfriend who was assumed to be dead. She shook her head lightly, clearing the thoughts she had and continued walking until she saw something interesting in the administration room. It was a view of a masculine back of someone.

He doesn't seem to be familiar here.

She found herself observing the new student, looking at him from his head to toe. Who could this guy be? She was wondering inside her head, lost on her own thoughts, until he turned around and looked at her coldly. She was surprised and quickly walked away to her class. Luckily, their class teacher hadn't come and she didn't have to embarass herself getting punished. Her eyes flickered to see someone who was standing in front of Sehun's table and suddenly felt jealousy rapidly growing inside of her. It was Yura, the rich and pretty girl from science class. She was probably flirting with him right now that she smirked when she noticed Nara was looking. It made her angry, but when she was about to come to her, Yura walked away outside the class. At the same time, she saw someone from the administration room earlier came in. It was the new guy, he was looking at her while walking to the empty seat on the back which was just a row behind her.

She was nervous, the way he looked at her made her feel uncomfortable. Her strange behavior caught Sehun's attention that moment. He smiled watching her nervously playing with her pen, he thought it was because of him. But behind her, he saw the new student while smiling while looking at her in an obvious way, He squinted his eyes and the new guy turned away quickly when he noticed the glare from him. Who is he? Sehun asked inside his head. He has no damn right looking at my love like that!

"Alright, class, sorry I'm late," their teacher rushed in while bringing a pack of papers and his writing tools. "How are you doing students? I hope you're doing well... Oh, wait, we have a new face here, hm? Come forward, you, and introduce yourself."

The new student stood up and walked forward, standing in front of the class. "Hello, my name is Kim Myungsoo. Please take care of me~" He introduced himself  before looking at Nara who was scratching the back of her neck. Cute, he could sense her being nervous right now. It drives me crazy. He didn't even care if the other male students were giving him a death glare right now at him as if they were going to kill him.

"Oh well, welcome to the family, Myungsoo!" Teacher said, watching him while folding his arms. "Which school were you from?"

"Busan."

Nara furrowed her brows and remembered that she once lived in Busan. His name sounded familiar, yet she couldn't remember anything about him at all. But it seemed like he knew her. He's creepy. That was all her mind could come up with about him for now.

"Oh, alright. You can go back to your seat, kid."

Myungsoo slipped his hands into his pockets and walked back to his seat coolly, if there was such words, while smiling playfully. It drove some men mad that he tried to make their loved one nervous. Only him dared to do that in front of class with male students who liked her. But Myungsoo, being the calm guy, didn't care and watched her the whole time in class. She's indeed very lovely. He smiled at the thought and was suddenly surprised when he saw a paper was thrown onto his table that said:

"Are you wishing for your death to come faster?
You know you're digging your own grave, right now,
Myungsoo-ya."

He hissed quietly at the message and looked around, trying to find the sender of the message. His eyes then locked on a guy, he smirked at whatever thought he was having right now. Who do you think you are? He grabbed the paper and folded it absurdly, putting it into his bag. You're the one who is going to die early, that's for messing with me and my plan.

Nara walked to her locker and unlocked it only to find a letter inside. Strangely, the locker was locked, so how did someone place a letter inside? She took out the rectangle shaped envelope and placed her books in her locker. She was urging to know who sent her the message. On the envelope, there was something written on it: to you who took my heart ❤️️

"Who sends me this...?" She muttered to herself while opening the envelope with a curious smile. It was a letter, a short but nice one, written with a red tint which looked neatly written. She started reading the letter after taking a deep breath.

My love.
Why are you so perfect? You took my breath away you know that? I want to hug you and kiss you all day, telling everyone that you are only MINE. 
❤️️

Sincerely,

You will soon find out.

She stopped reading and quickly put it inside her bag as she walked toward an officer who took care of the lockers. "Excuse me, can I ask something?" She asked politely but still has rushing hint in it. Officer smiled and said sure to her. "Is there any spare keys to the lockers?"

"Yes, there is. Why, your key is missing miss?" Officer asked while gesturing to the room where archives and keys were placed. "Here we got a lot of spare keys to every lockers just in case."

Nara saw the key with her locker number and thought that maybe someone stole one to place the love letter inside. "No, no, thanks!" She smiled before quickly walking away and thanked the worker. She left to the canteen to ask a particular person whom she suspected. It must be him, it has to be.

"Hey Jackson," she called him who was eating lunch with a friend. "Can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Sure," Jackson nodded while telling his friend he was going to leave for a few minutes. Both walked to a less crowded part, in the corner of canteen. "What is it?"

Nara could see his bruises from fighting with Yongguk yesterday, it made her pity him. But right now, she was troubled with the love letter curiosity because she needed to know if he was the sender of the message placed in her locker. "Are you the one who sends me the letter?" She asked a little sternly. "Listen, just admit it. I won't be mad, okay? I just wanted to know who did this."

Letter...? Jackson furrowed his brows and started growing curious, trying to find out what she was talking about. "What letter?" He asked with the familiar deep frown as an upset feeling rose inside of him, but he tried to hide it and luckily she didn't seem to notice his anger. She took a paper from her bag and then gave it to him to check and read. "This letter." She said while watching him opening the paper fold.

Jackson didn't move a bit, his eyes flickered from words to words. Without him realizing it, his jaw clenched. He was upset with the words that was given to her, and it wasn't him who wrote that sweet stuff. "It's not me," he said upsetly, but tried to hide it from her. "But don't worry, I will take care of it."

"You will?" She asked, watching him walking away from her

"I will." He smirked.

She breathed out, trying to deny the thoughts about him picking a fight to someone else like earlier with her sunbae which made her blood rushed fast through her vein. Yongguk? She was suddenly reminded of him. It must be him, she thought while looking for the tall man until she found his classmates. "Hello, excuse me," she asked politely and bowed at them. "Do you know where is Yongguk sunbaenim?"

The classmates pointed to him who was walking in the hallway. She then quickly left to reach him after saying thanks to the classmates of her senior. "Hey, oppa," she called in a stern voice while running after him. He turned just after she called, feeling surprised that she finally talked to him after what happened, because he was scared earlier that she would never talk to him after last night.

"Hey, what is it?" He tried to smile at her. Stunned, he looked down to her tiny lips covered in pink gloss which he kissed last night. He still remembered what it felt like, the kiss, how his lips met hers. It was perfect for one moment.

"Are you the one who sends me the letter?" She said, asking him the same question like she did to her friend earlier. If it wasn't Jackson, then it has to be him. "It's okay really, just tell me. I won't be mad at you."

Again with the same reaction, Yongguk asked her what letter that she was talking about. A frown as seen on his forehead, it drove her crazy how the two boys she suspected the most weren't the one who send the letter. "Forget it," she said while walking to her class but he held her hands. His face was hard and stony, trying to get her to speak about the letter. If it bothered her, the love of his life, then he had to know what was it. "You're not going anywhere until you tell me what is it,"

She gave him an oh please look. "Do you have any right? No. Now go away and leave me alone."

"Come on, Nara. For how much longer will you stay like this to me?" Yongguk looked at her, pleading so she would forgive him. His face expression and voice were now softer than it were.

"Fine," she swung her arm and looked at him in obvious irritation, but she tried to keep it down because he was however someone who has been a part of her life once by keep coming to her house. She took a paper out of her bag and showed it to him. "Here, is that you? Or maybe you know who?"

Yongguk grabbed the paper and opened the fold as he started reading. It made him angry how the sweet words were aimed to her, she didn't deserve sweet words from anyone else except for him. "Who sends you that?" He didn't realize he was returning the question she asked.

"I have no idea, that's why I asked." She said shrugging her shoulder while walking slowly to her class hall with him next to her.

"I'll try to help you finding out," he said trying to comfort her. "You should try to ask your classmates about that letter."

She nodded as she parted with him and then turned to her class hallway, where she suddenly bumped to Myungsoo. Luckily he got her in his arm, so she wouldn't fall down, and she didn't notice her hands were now on his chest, eye locked on each other. "Hey," he smiled playfully and locked his eyes on hers. What a lovely pair of eyes you have.

She suddenly let go of him and he let his arms flew in a gesture, looking down with a smile. "What were you doing?" She asked, folding her arms together. "Were you going this way?"

"Yeah, but we bumped, like we used to." He said smirking which gained a confused look from her. Like we used to...? She tried to think of any possible thing that could happen between them two in the past, but she was blank. She didn't know him at all. "What's that supposed to mean?" She furrowed her brows, looking at him studiously and even cautiously. He didn't seem trustworthy, gladly the hall wasn't too quiet, there were still a few people around. So he wouldn't do bad things.

He stepped closer toward her with his small playful smirk which received a surprised scared reaction from her. Her eyes showed so much fear and confusion which was to his satisfication. After that, he just left with hands inside his pocket leaving her almost breatheless. What a jerk! She shut her eyes, upset, and then walked to her locker again. How could he do that to me? She was curious, scared and upset all at the same time.

Her phone suddenly vibrated saying she got one message received.

"Are you happy now chagiya? Having your admirers chasing you again?"

She sighed heavily and slid down against the locker feeling worried about the message he sent. She then typed some message to send to him, telling that she actually missed him all along and she needed him, not her admirers. Another sigh came from her lips as she placed her phone on her lap, a hand placed on her head to give it a little message.

A sudden bang noise was hard. It was like something solid was being hit against the locker and it surprised her. She was pulled back to reality and saw the whole area was dark, people were no longer around and the lamps were off. She shivered at the aura which was creepy and it surprised her more than horror stories would as she saw a shadow in the end of the hallway. It was a figure and he was coming closer to her while banging the lockers.

"Nara...?"

She was pulled to the real reality, this time was the most real when a young man called her name and touched her shoulder. It was Daehyun, one of her seniors along with Yongguk. "Are you okay?" He asked in concern.

"I am, thank you." She answered a little confused while looking at the end of the hallway where she saw the shadow of a figure earlier. "What happened?"

"You happened." He said helping her up. "Your class has started, I think you should get in now."

"Oh right." She nodded while getting her psychological books from her unlocked locker and quickly closed it before she saw him already walking away to his own class. Jung Daehyun, the senior, huh? She sighed while walking into her class where her teacher and classmates looked at her weirdly. "I- I'm sorry I'm late."

"Where were you, miss Kim Nara?" Teacher asked strictly while folding his arms. "Have you noticed you're missing my class session for 20 minutes?"

Her eyes flickered to the wall clock and gasped quietly. "O-oh, y-yeah... I, uh, I noticed."

"So where were you?" He repeated the question which was now a demand.

"Toilet, I was sick."

Nara reasoned, hopefully he would understand. But a psychology teacher knew if his student was going to lie due to his knowledge about psychological and anything related to it. You're so stupid, Nara. She bit her lower lips and thought of how stupid she was for letting the hallucination coming.

"Alright," he nodded while giving her a paper which was blank. "Sit down and write what is holding you back, write everything you want to say."

She grabbed the paper that was given to her and sat on her seat, having Sehun asking about what was going on. "Nothing," she mouthed while taking out her pen to start writing. Sehun, ofcourse, didn't believe what she said and decided to talk about it later. Nara sat calmly while looking at her paper after writing her name on the top left. Now what should I write?

Nara thanked Jackson for driving her home and then parted after one last glances to each other. She rubbed the gate knob and noticed that it was locked, which mean her sister was probably not home yet from her college. She took out the keys from her pocket but the folded paper of her love letter followed. Due to wind, it flew until the end of the block. She saw the paper stuck under a car and got it, and turned around only to find someone was looking at her through his house window as she squinted her eyes. "Daehyun?" She muttered while slowly walking away from his house area. Why is he looking at me like that? She mused.

Back inside her house, she unlocked the gather and the door as well before walking into the house to quickly get prepared because Jackson asked her to come with him to the cinema. Well, why not? It has been long since she watched movies anyway. She went upstairs to check her wardrobe and picked something nice to wear to meet him later this evening. Suddenly, she received one message, she checked and read the message, a little nervous.

"I bet you'll look pretty this evening ^_^ but too bad what's going to happen next won't be pretty. Who will pay for this? Nobody knows. Have fun, my love."

Mark. She gasped at the message, since when did he become so over jealous like this? She then put her phone on her desk and quickly prepared herself for the date with her friend. After that, she decided to reply the message before she swung her bag and walked downstairs.

"Mark, let's meet tonight. If you love me and still want me, meet me."

Sehun stopped writing on his book and grabbed his phone, smiling at it. When he was going to continue writing, the electricity were off and there was a sound of something falling against the floor downstairs. , what the hell? He walked outside his room and slowly walked downstairs, trying not to let himself off guard. "Hey anybody there?" He looked around as he felt a strange presence behind him when he already reached downstairs and he quickly turned around. It was a man with black mask and also a knife in his hand.

"Well well, whoever you are, if you're trying to kill me then you have to back off because you can't do that. Alright?" Sehun said, too calm and too brave, resulting in a strange, challenging quality. In a few seconds, he found himself being slammed against the wall across the room. He grabbed the stranger's head with his best and smashed his masked face hardly. That was when a knife cut his arm which made him groan in pain while letting the stranger go. "Son of a !"

Sehun grabbed a gun quickly from his drawer when the stranger was rubbing his neck after being choked. "Let's see who got the gun~" Sehun said with his sing song voice and scoffed afterwards. He tried to run after the stranger who ran outside after he showed the gun, but failed. "What a coward." He laughed watching the stranger running away and leaving his house area. He then went upstairs to his room while looking at how dirty his arm looked because of the cut. "How distracting," he said in a tsk voice and washed the blood at the bathroom sink. "I gotta buy new bandage since the last one has been used a few months ago..." he muttered after checking for bandages in his drawer and let out a deep sigh while walking outside.

"Are you sure you want me to drop you here?" Jackson asked while stopping in front of a quiet abandoned park. His expression showed his worry, the place didn't seem to give him a good impression despite they a few lights. His hand was holding hrs, as if trying to share his inner feeling about his place being too creepy looking.

"I'm... sure." She said while looking outside, then a little hesitated. She seemed uncomfortable with the view. "I'm meeting a friend, if something happen I'll call you. Okay?"

Jackson looked at her sadly. "Well then, I guess that's good," he said quietly, then let go of her hands.

"It's okay," she smiled while giving hima  convincing smile before she went out. "Thankyou for the ride, Jackson."

He nodded with a smile back and then drove away as she walked into the park area. It was cold that she could see the breath she exhaled into the air while walking further. Grabbing her phone from her pocket, he opened the text message and typed something for her boyfriend whom she was going to meet.

"Where are you?"

Nara typed the message and send it to him. She looked around, trying to find the familiar figure she hadn't seen for the past months. She missed him so much and she couldn't wait to give him the warmest hug ever, smelling the familiar scent he has on his neck, feeling the muscles of his arm. Despite the creepy aura that this abandoned park gave, she was determined to wait and meet her boyfriend again.

One message received.

"I'm nearby, love. Can you find me?"

Without hesitating, Nara turned around. Her eyes tried to find any figure that could be standing nearby. God dammit, stop hiding. She said to herself while walking a few steps further until she saw a shadowed figure standing behind the giant tree of the park. She breathed heavily as her heart started beating faster and faster when she saw the figure moved to the side of the tree, still shadowed. Is that you...? She squinted her eyes and stepped further to observe him. He seemed taller, it was impossible if he grew taller when he died. Doubt feeling started eating her inside. When the figure moved forward, his lips was seen but his eyes were covered by the dark shadows of the tree. He was placing his hands inside his pocket, standing there without doing anything further. She backed away slowly and gasped as he smirked dangerously.

She started running fast leaving the man with her phone still in her hand. It vibrated and the screen told her that she has one message received.

"Don't run yet. :( I want to hug you."

She stopped in the middle of the way, panting, while typing a message to text him back. She was scared of him, he wasn't her boyfriend.

"You aren't him, are you?"

One message received.

"No, I'm not."

She gasped at the message, realizing that all this time she was texting with a stranger. She tried to run again but she was suddenly pulled from behind by someone with covered with a hand of a man which surprised her. No matter how hard she tried to release herself from the man, the man was twice stronger than she was. She couldn't do anything anymore.

Who could that man be....?

   Author's Notes   

*goes malfunction* asdfghjkl I don't know anymore I'm so tired both mentally and physically- my fingers hurt and so does my head, lol. This chapter almost reaches 4k words (excluding this author notes), so sorry if it's 1k shorter than the first chapter! Please comment what do you think, it'll make my day and fade the pain of my fingers and head away :) I'd like to thank everyone who subs, votes and comments- seriously, you guys are the best. This fic isn't going to end sooner I guess, so stay tuned. Now it's already 12am, I'm going to rest my whole body mwhahaha thanks, bye and mwah! xoxo

Next on Sincerely, Your Dead Boyfriend — "Fool Me Once"