Chapter Seven

Sincerely, Your Dead Boyfriend [REWRITTEN VERSION POSTED]

  Chapter Seven     
now you see me, now you don't

"Don't mind them."

Sehun said comforting her while walking outside, since apparently the funeral has officially ended. He didn't want her to feel confused about anything anymore, it was enough, he believed it was more than she definitely asked for. He wanted to do something for her but it always turned out into nothing and she was thrown into another mess all over again. He held her hand and walked outside the church building to make sure she felt safe, but she strangely broke the link between their hands after they were outside and let out a sigh. Strangely, she doesn't seem to be the usual Kim Nara. He gulped worrily while looking at her. Why, princess?

"No, Sehun," she spoke weakly. Her eyes looked at his deeply, searching for something he hid behind those everything will be okay expression. "I can't be okay, I realized I have to do something, alright? You made me feel like... I don't have to do anything because I've got you."

Sehun didn't say a word and only looked at her in disillusion. "What do you mean?" His voice was dark and it felt like the usual him was gone. For some reason, it scared her, but she was adapting to his quick expression changes lately.

"You have to stop making me feel like I'm safe, because I'm not." She sighed defeatedly and looked at him meaningfully, but all she received in return was a cold glare by those deadly eyes of his, making her regret saying that for a moment. "Stop protecting me."

He felt his heart just broke into several pieces when he heard what she just said in his face. His jaw clenched as well as his fist. "If that's what you want," he paused and looked at both eyes of hers deeply as if he was going to fall into it. "Fine, I won't care." Is that even possible?

She was surprised with what he just said and took his hands. "Wait-"

"Go away, be alone." He swung his arm and walked away leaving her alone without turning back at all. Nara couldn't believe it, he could really change into a completely different person in a blink of an eye if he wanted to. She bit her lower lips to prevent crying and decided to walk away too. If a guy can walk away from a girl, then a girl can do the same. She walked to the bus halte where she saw her senior, Daehyun, was there too sitting and waiting for a bus to stop by. She put on a fake smile and sat next to him.

"Hey," he greeted with a big smile. "I'm very sorry about your sister, almost teared up when I heard your speech, it was amazing and sad at the same time. Last time I saw her was yesterday, she was running home. I can't believe she is dead."

She was a little surprised inside, she remembered that her stalker sent her sister a message before that. Nayeon must be rushing home because of it. "Thank you," she said with a fake smile being the best accessory on her face. "Life is too short, huh? You can't predict or find out when will you die."

When will you die... when will I die? She thought in the back of her mind before she heard him chuckle lightly. "Yes, but your killer can predict when will you die," he answered with a smile while looking into an empty space. "Not just predict, they actually know because they plan it."

"W-what do you..."

He trailed her off and looked at her with a smile, the sweet angel smile females would die for. "Am I wrong? It's true, isn't it?" He squinted his eyes and smiled playfully. "They know."

It's a trap question, she quickly picked herself up before falling deeper to the trap question since it sounded too creepy to be true, and he might be some sort of the next Jongin. I just have to play along. "Yeah, true that. But you're saying that like you are a killer, sunbae," she chuckled playfully. "It's creeping me out."

"Don't worry, Nara. I'm not one. I never kill."

"How should I believe that? I mean, you might be one, who knows." She told him jokingly, but actually doing it on a purpose. Daehyun sounded like a suspect based on the way he talked earlier, and what he was saying wasn't expected at all. "Am I wrong?"

"How should you believe that? Maybe because I don't kill my own family, you know," He smirked while rubbing his hands as a bus came to pick them up after waiting for a while. She frowned at the reply. He doesn't kill his own family? It sounded like he was trying to offend someone but who... me? She shook her head and walked inside the bus. No, I don't kill my family. She sat and found him sitting next to her now.

"You know what, Nara?"

She turned to face him.

"...don't overthink, you'll get sick."

He then pecked her cheek to her surprise and shut his eyes to pretend he was sleeping. Oh my... She wiped her cheek and breathed out heavily while looking at the street through the window as the bus started to drove away.

 

Nara walked out of the bus right at the halte in front of a hospital. It was the usual hospital she always visited whenever she was sick. Ofcourse, this was the most nearby hospital. She then saw Daehyun was looking at her through the window and waved when the bus drove away. Creepy. She sighed and saw a paper near to her feet, which kind of scared her, but she took it anyway. She opened it and read the content, her reaction was mixed; calm yet panic at the same time.

Nice speech at the funeral. I'm sorry to hear about your sister, hehe.
Why is your phone isn't with you though?
Oh, let me guess, it's with Sehun right? Is he scared of something?
Have you wonder why?

 

Feeling a familiar anger inside her, she threw the paper and quickly walked inside the hospital without caring about the paper, it was just another terror and she was sure as hell he won't be so brave to get near her in this kind of situation among the crowds for the mean time. When she walked in, the first person she looked for was the nurse who was in charge of rooms.

"Hi, uhm, I'm sorry..." She smiled while greeting the nurse. "May I know which room was Lee Kiyong in? He was just hospitalyzed this morning."

The nurse happily smiled in reply and replied. "It's in room 25 miss. May I know who you are to him?"

"I'm his close friend," she said smiling, "Oh, by the way, thankyou!"

With that she left to find the room. While walking, she suddenly was reminded of the terror message she received earlier, it might be right. That was why he hid it to prevent her from checking. Without she realizing, she was already arrived in front of room 25. She opened the door and found her teacher was watching TV with Jackson who was sitting on the chair next to his bed. "Hey, Nara!" Jackson seemed happy that he stood up to approach her as she walked inside. She smiled and approached Kiyong who was lying on the hospital bed weakly. "Wow, didn't expect Jackson to be here. But hey, Mr. Lee. How are you? Feeling better?"

"Hey," Kiyong greeted back with his weak sounding voice. "I feel better now, don't worry. But I also feel bad because I can't attend your sister's funeral this afternoon, I'm really sorry."

Nara chuckled and rubbed his arm. "It's okay, you're in this condition. Don't force yourself." She replied calmly and breathed out after looking at the bandage on his head that reminded her of the blood when she first saw him fell.

"Hey, that's it?" Jackson beside her complained, making both Nara and Kiyong laughed. "You're not going to hi me?"

Nara giggled and turned to him. "Hi," she grinned at him as he embraced her in which to her surprise but she accepted it anyway. "Gee, you're creeping me out, Jackson. Thanks."

"Love you too." He answered jokingly and sat on the couch to let her sit on the chair next to their teacher. For some reason, seeing him like this made her feel like she was the one to blame. She pressed her upper and bottom lips together and looked at him who was staring at her. "So," he started. "Are you okay?"

"Healthy as a doctor, yes, I really am okay." She smiled convincingly, but he didn't seem so convinced.

"Come on, I'm a psychology teacher, you can't say you're okay but deep down you're feeling terrible." He chuckled at her attempt to lie which have failed, despite not an expert, he knew when people lie especially to his face. He decided to joke with her to break the awkwardness. "Don't lie to your teacher, you'll get an F on your next test."

"I'm not okay... my sister is dead, you're hospitalyzed and I'm here all alone." She admitted while looking at the nametag wrapped around his wrist and just stayed quiet. Jackson was only listening and remained quiet as well, he pitied her and hated himself for not being there for her all these time. He hated himself so much that he wasn't there to help her or save her sister.

Kiyong frowned. "You are not alone. I'm still here, and then there's Jackson too. I heard you lived with Sehun too, is that what you call alone?"

"Things are complicated, I just feel lonely."

Jackson suddenly cut in. "Yah, what's wrong? He isn't treating you well? You can live in my house if you want."

"No, he is treating me very well," she replied after gulping hard, sge knew what was coming next, her teacher would suspect her for lying all over again. "Nothing's wrong."

"Are you sure?" Kiyong asked calmly, trying to make her feel a little more comfortable. "Are you guys fighting?"

Jackson once again trailed their conversation off but this time was with an upset expression. "Wait, are you guys dating?"

"I can't answer that, but you might find an absolute answer from Sehun himself," she said turning to him, only to receive a bitter and disappointed expression from her friend. "I'm still not sure, Jackson."

"But you like him, don't you?" His question froze her in place but a chuckle from her teacher pulled herself back to reality.

"Maybe I do."

Jackson nodded and looked down after hearing the answer from her, but he decided to it up and continued watching TV. Kiyong was also quiet for a few moment but he broke the ice by looking for his medicine on the table. "Oh well, the nurse hasn't give me the medicine... can someone get it for me?" Kiyong asked while looking at the two students. "Please."

"I will." Both spoke at the same time and looked at eachother for a few seconds.

Nara then spoke again. "No, I'll get it. You look after our teacher, okay?"

Jackson didn't seem to find, he smiled and let her take charge. She nodded and walked outside the room to the pharmacy part of the hospital, she sat on the waiting seats right after asking for Kiyong's medicine and waited for the worker to call her when it was done. While waiting, she saw someone at the end of the hall was like turning his head after looking at her. She saw him rushing somewhere to make her curious and it worked, she followed the figure and stopped in front of the toilet as she didn't see his sign around anymore. She then walked inside the toilet to wash her face, she turned the sink switch on and washed her face briefly and then took a tissue from her sling bag. After that, she saw a masked man was right behind her. She was surprised and backed away near to the hand drier quickly as he turned to her. "Oh my," he sounded like he was breathing out at the moment. "You look so beautiful, sweetie, I'm trembling."

"You've seen me when you murdered my sister," she said coldly and tried to behave usually, wanting to seem to be strong. "Oh, I know. You've seen me a lot."

"Ah," he giggled. "You remember me. Oh god, you remember me? I'm so happy you do."

"Yeah, with the typical mask." She looked at him hatefully.

"Don't worry, my love, soon you will see who I really am." He said giggling and seemed to enjoy this. "Listen, I'm not here to killl you. Just terrorizing like always, but since your phone is taken by a son of a - Oh friggin' Sehun, and letter is a bit boring and oldfashion... voila, here I am."

"But soon you will," she spat bravely but deep down inside she was scared too. "Why not now?"

"Oh, you reminded me. Why not now?" He chuckled darkly and noticed she has been looking at the toilet door repeatedly. "Honey, I won't kill you. You're my future wife, why should I be so mean? I wanna see you holding our kids."

"In your dreams!" She quickly rushed to the door and tried to open it, dear Lord it's locked. She lost all her hopes now to run from him. Damn it!

"That's it. Run! Oh, wait. I locked the door." He stated playfully while rubbing his pockets. "Now where is the key?"

"How did you get the key to lock it? It's a public toilet, you dumbhead." She inhaled a deep breath and tried to watch his steps as he was slowly moving closer toward her.

He stopped a few steps closer again and stopped. "First, that is rude. And second, I'm a super talented human. I have hundred ways to get it." He said while reaching out a key to her. "Here, get outta here before the monster wakes up. Woooo, it will be interesting though when the monster wakes up... in me. Can you imagine it?"

She quickly took the key and opened the door, running to the pharmacy as if she was chased by a ghost without looking back, heading to the pharmacy to see Jackson was there. "Hey," he called and approached her. "Where have you been?"

"I'm- I'm sorry..." She said between pantings. "I was from the toilet."

"Something happened, right?"

 

"I'm very sorry, Mr. Lee. I should have picked up the medicine quicker, I was hallucinating and keeps getting worse day by day." She lied, it wasn't exactly a hallucination. It felt real and it happened longer than usual hallucinations. But even if it was one, then her hallucination was indeed getting worse. "I have to go home now, sorry and take care. I'll come and visit you later."

Kiyong nodded and smiled at her.

"Want me to take you home?" Jackson offered.

"No, thanks, I'll walk by myself. You have to keep him company until someone who cares enough to come."

She quickly went downstairs and left the building, walking on the street sideway and checked her wallet only to realize she had no money in pocket left. She then decided to go home walking, and luckily it was nearby from the hospital.

"It's not good for a girl to walk home alone just by herself especially in the evening like this," a voice behind her said as she could feel a figure was walking next to her. It was Jooheon with the same smile he showed at the funeral earlier.

"Hello to you too." She chuckled awkwardly.

"Are you going home?" He asked politely. I figured out he is sweeter than he looks like.

She looked at him seriously. "No, I'm going to the club."

He only glared at her awkwardly, as if unbelieving what he just heard. "..."

"Okay, that must be the lamest joke ever." She shrugged with a sigh. 'I'm going home, yes."

He chuckled and ruffled her hair, trying to make her feel better. "I know, you don't seem to be that type of girl. I was just acting."

"Great, but please don't mess with my hair... okay?" She said while fixing her messy hair as a result to his itchy hand for ruffling them abstractly.

He nodded and then looked around before saying, "You should stay close to me, you know. I think someone is following you."

Wow, what? She looked at him with a deep, familiar frown. "How do you know that?"

"Thanks for walking me home, Jooheon oppa." She said smiling and waving at him as he walked away after giving her one last sweet smile. She then walked inside the house qietly only to noticed blood on the ground. Is this Sehun's blood? She widened her eyes and followed the blood that led her to the bedroom while she was calling his name. "Sehun?" She called loudly. "What's with all these blood?"

She only heard him grunting. Her feeling was stronger now, something was wrong with him. When she walked in, she saw him was doing something terrible. Blood was all over the ground, it poured down from the skin he ripped with the knife. He was cutting his arm with a knife and now he was going to cut his wrist, but she was quick enough to stop him.

"Oh my god," she yelled and threw the knife away while seeing him sobbing quietly. "What's wrong with you?"

   Author's Notes   

SERA FEELS OMG. ANGST OR WHATEVER IS THIS. ASDGHABLABUFSLQ- by the way, thank you for those who are sticking with me and new readers. I hope you won't be a silent reader, come on, your author needs to see you too *slapped* I'm having a sorethroat at the moment, your comment might gonna help me feel better you know?! Oh, guys look up to the songs I have written on the foreword, it gives you creepy vibes and enough to creep you out while reading this chapter, perhaps. Hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Hugs and kisses to those who leave comments and also stay subscribed. Don't be silent and please spill whatever you are thinking while reading, it makes me feel motivated to write. Muaaaah! In case you're wondering, whatever happened in the past for the main characters will be revealed bit by bit. Thankyou and goodnight.

YES GUISE IT'S JOOHEON FROM MONSTA X BECAUSE HE IS A LIFE RUINER #shownutooactually *insert crying while laughing emoji here till i get bored* 

Anyway, follow my ask.fm and send me questions guys? PLEASE LIKE PLEASE LOL. Sometimes I get bored and I want to answer something or do something, help me about it. Ask about anything: the story, my biases, my life, whatever you feel like asking! Thank you sweetpies. XOXO answer the poll again below, just for fun!

Next on Sincerely, Your Dead Boyfriend — "Red Sky"