Chapter Fourteen

Sincerely, Your Dead Boyfriend [REWRITTEN VERSION POSTED]

     Chapter Fourteen     
the m case

Nara sat on the sofa of Mark's penthouse while watching TV and munching some snacks in the middle of waiting for him to come home. Her phone then rang, her eyes quickly flickered to her phone screen and unlocked the password and then she saw a new message arrived. It was from Mark. Curious, she opened the message and read it.

"Chagi, can you visit my aunt's house? She made some rice cakes. I'm here at the moment and might return home late, so if you can't wait to see me, go outside now and look for a taxi. Use my money if you don't have any. See you babe. :*"

She smiled at the message and quickly tidied the snack bags and stood up while turning the TV off with the remote she held before it was thrown to the sofa. She then walked to the penthouse entrace to grab her coat from the hanger as well as her bag as she placed her phone inside it and then left the penthouse after locking it properly. She went downstairs using the lift and walked out to the lobby while waiting for a taxi to stop by. She decided to text her boyfriend back.

"Okayyy ^^ who else is there?"

After that, she saw a taxi just dropped a passenger to the lobby, she then went inside the taxi and gave the driver an information of her destination. A new message arrived in her inbox, her boyfriend apparently replied the message she sent.

"There are only me, my aunt, uncle and cousins here. Come here quick, I want to kiss your lips because I haven't done that since this morning. :P"

This boy knows how to make his girlfriend blush huh? She smiled at the message again, thinking that it was cute, she could feel her cheeks got warmer as she read the message. A few seconds later when she was about to reply, another message arrived from him.

"Are you still on the square?"

She was surprised that he knew her location at the moment, she decided to ask him about it.

"Yeah, how can you possibly know that? Are you a paranormal? Kekeke~~"

"And about the kiss, aren't you aware that your cousins who are still like 12? We kiss and then your aunt and uncle will kick us out ._. but aish this guy <3"

After waiting for a minute or two, a new message finally arrived. She felt happy everytime she got to talk to him, directly or by phone or text, because he sure knew how to impress her, amuse her and send her to heaven.

"Ofcourse I know. Your gps is on, babe. -___- I'm watching youuu"

Another message.

"Aw you're right, so I guess I have to borrow their room to do the kiss. ;) Are you imagining it right now? ert haha~"

Really? My gps is on? Since she was curious, she checked her gps on the phone and apparently he was right. How sweet of him for keep watching me even in distance. She felt she might be blushing really hard now as she typed messages to send it back to him.

"You're right about the gps thing, I'll reward you about that kekeke~ Aren't you the one who's imagining right now, by the way? -_- Okayyy I'm gonna make the driver rush to get there~ See you <3"

After clicking send, she put her phone back inside her bag. On the way, the taxi somehow shook and suddenly made the driver stop as he hit the brakes in all of a sudden making her head hit the windows not too rough yet not too gentle.

"Miss! Are you alright?" He asked while looking to the back seat where he heard her grunting in shock a little. "I think the wheels stepped on something sharp. I'm so sorry for stopping so suddenly."

"I'm fine but what happened?" She returned the question while walking outside the car to check on the wheels along with the driver.

He shook his head slowly after checking out the wheels. "They won't work, the wheels are broken or something. I should get you another taxi to drive you to your destination. Stay here."

Suddenly, a car far behind them hit the brakes and uncontrollably spun to the centre part of the road hitting another car. It kind of exploded a little; but didn't really involve any other cars as they avoided them. She gasped watching the accident in terrified. Gladly a taxi stopped behind them, the driver of the taxi she was in before came and asked the other driver who just stopped by to bring her to her destination.

"I talked to the driver, he can bring you there now. I apologize for the uncomfortable driving, miss." He walked back to her and bowed slightly at her and led her to the new taxi. She nodded and gave him some tip with a smile, "It's not your entire fault. It was an accident, I hope you're okay. Be safe, ahjussi." She said before getting inside the new taxi and settle in as the driver drove away from the area of a horrific scene that just happened. Nara grabbed her phone and saw her boyfriend texted her an "okay, love". She decided to call him to inform him and find comfort, but he wasn't answering. She decided to text him informing what she had to face just a while ago and breathe afterwards, but she still couldn't feel comfortable. She had so many bad feelings today although she tried to get rid of them. Receiving no reply for a few minutes, she decided to just ignore it and wish she could arrive faster to meet him.

A few minutes later, the taxi finally stopped as they arrived in front of a house. She got off the taxi and paid the driver before walking to the house which belonged to her boyfriend's aunt and rang the bell. "Hello, good evening, ahjummeoni." She greeted when the door was opened revealing a little older woman figure.

"Hello, sweet tooth." Mark's aunt said with a smile while patting her shoulder. "Mark told me you'll come. Come inside, I'll give you some rice cakes I made today and hopefully you can give me some feedback about the taste."

"Is he inside?" Nara asked with a smile while following her and touching her forehead which was hit against the car windows a while ago.

His aunt replied to her question. "He was, he just left about an half hour ago." She said making Nara frowned in confusion, why would he call her to come over and see him if he left afterwards? Maybe he got another business to do. "Come inside, Nara, it's warmed in the family room."

Nara nodded and walked inside as her head worked, thinking of what was the relation of this strange event and him being strange for not even answering her phone a few minutes ago. Worried and weakened, she was afraid he might be involved in the accident; who knows, but she wished not. She sat on the ground joining Mark's cousins and took her phone out of her bag and decided to call him again but he didn't answer at all. A deep frown was seen on her forehead, she wondered what was going on with her boyfriend. He never abandoned her texts nor her calls before, what happened to him? She never knew.

"Unnie," one of the cousins called her.

Nara turned to her and smiled. "Y-yes, what is it Shailene?"

"Are you okay?" Shailene asked in concern while eating a rice cake.

Another cousin, Chris, joined in the conversation. "Noona, you look worried. What is it?"

"N-nothing," Nara said defesively as she smiled at both of them. Chris raised his brows because he didn't feel convinced, but he shrugged it off and offered her a rice cake. "Try this, you'll love it."

She leaned toward his hand to take one bite from the rice cake he offered. "Thank you, big boy," she smiled and ruffled his hair as he smiled proudly that he made her amused. Then she heard her phone rang, she saw a new message arrived and it was from her boyfriend; her relief depended on what was the content of the message.

"Don't call me at the moment, babe, I'm busy."

Reading the message, her expression turned bitter. And because she felt upset, she decided not to reply it. Chris sighed and concerned her again along with his younger sister, Shailene, but the answer they got was the same. Nothing. A few minutes later, ahjummeoni came back bringing more rice cakes and somehow noticed the bruises on Nara's forehead when she fixed her hair. "Oh dear Nara, what happened to your forehead? Are you okay?" She asked in concern. "Tell me sweetheart."

"It was just a small bruise ahjummeoni. Um, does it bleed?" She said in reply with a fake smile and bit her lower lips.

"Nope, but the bruise looked bad. Let me get the first aid kit-"

Nara held her hands, interrupting her. "No, no need. I'm fine ahjummeoni," she paused. "A-actually my sister called. She needs me. I'm sorry I can't stay longer."

"Are you sure about that? You can at least stay until my husband is done showering and drive you home." She said to her, caressing her cheek to comfort her, as both her children looked at their cousin in law too in concern.

"I- I'm- I'm certain. I need to go home now, I'm so sorry." Nara said while standing up and sling her bag on her shoulder and bowed at he. "Um, I'll pay for a visit some other time. I promise."

Ahjummeoni grabbed a lunchbox from the drawer nearby and placed the rice cakes in. "Well then, bring this home. Send my warmest greeting to your sister, sweetheart."

Nara nodded and received the lunchbox before walking outside led by her boyfriend's aunt. Chris and Shailene both followed, they looked sad though. "You and Mark hyung were so rushing tonight, I wonder why." He pouted at her. "Promise us the two of you will come back, the two of you, because you two shall pay for leaving so soon."

"Okay, Chris, okay." Nara chuckled and patted his head and hugged both her cousins in law. "Thank you for having me even just for a short time. Also for the rice cakes. I have to leave now. Good night."

Nara said and bowed at her aunt in law before waving at them and walked away. While walking, she felt someone was watching her making her heart beat faster but she decided not to look around and keep walking until she reached the square to feel safer.

The next morning, Nara was eating breakfast when the doorbell rang. Nayeon, her sister, decided to open it because she was aware that her younger sister wasn't in a good mood right now. As soon as she opened the door, she saw Jackson was at the door step with worried face and made her wonder why. "Jackson? What is it-"

"I need to talk to Nara. Can I see her?" He said in rush yet worry and what he was trying to say seemed to be really important. Nayeon finally let him in.

"Nara?" Jackson called and found her at the dinning area, she was eating breakfast and seemed to have no mood at all on finishing it. She eventually turned around when she heard her name was mentioned by someone familiar. "Oh.. Jackson, w-what's up?"

He gulped, he wasn't sure if she was ready for this. Because in fact, he himself wasn't ready when he figured this out. "Mark was officially missing last night. I called the police to track him down. And this early morning, they reported to me that they found his possibly dead body at the park. I went there, some ambulance workers took him. His face was covered with newspapers, but these were his bracelet and ring." He said informing her sadly. "I'm so sorry, Nara."

Hearing that, Nara slowly collapsed on the ground with tears streaming down her cheeks. Jackson approached her to give her a hug to comfort her, she sobbed onto his chest as Nayeon almost cried too hearing this and watched her sister cried painfully in misery. "I- I'm sorry." Jackson repeated while caressing her head and cried quietly as well.

Matthew saw her tears rolling down her cheeks as she told him the story, he felt the same pain looking at her like this. He felt like he had misjudge her about his brother's deah, because she didn't seem to know a thing about it. But I still need to confirm his death before I can breath properly. He mused coldly in his head as he cleared his throat and drank his cup of tea. "I see," he said awkwardly. "Are you sure it was him?"

"His bracelet and ring found on the discovery of his dead body? I'm certain, because he designed that ring and gave me one as well as a couple ring." She said while wiping her tears with a tissue. "Now you know the story, can I ask you a question?"

He thought about it and nodded. "Sure, shoot."

"Why were you trying to hard to know how he died and if he really is dead?" She frowned at him making him froze for a while. His sight then moved to her, searching for her eyes before he replied.

"First, he is my brother. Second, we had an unfinished problem. Third, I'm suspecting this as a murder case and I know I'm right. And fourth, I haven't seen his body when he died," He replied coldly and looked intensely into her eyes. Deep down inside she felt turtored, but the advices she got this afternoon from her original homeroom teacher strenghten her. He lowered his voice, darkly, "and until I confirm that he really is dead, I won't stop."

She watched him talking and looked down afterwards, but she wasn't exactly scared of him now. She then looked up again with a normal expression. "You know what, I'm suspecting someone too, why don't we work together to solve this?" She offered while looking at him who was smiling in agreement.

"Alright, I'll help you and you'll help me." He nodded slowly and smiled another smile, a friendly one. "And we gonna have to see eachother often to discuss about a lot of things. aren't we?"

She nodded as well at his statement.

"I guess our meeting ends here," he told her before finishing his cup of tea and prepared to leave. "Want me to take you home?"

Nara shook her head and looked at him convincingly. "I'll be staying for a while, it's alright. You can leave."

"Are you sure, Nara?"

She nodded in reply without a single word.

"Okaaay...then. Call me if you need me. I'll always be faster than a cheetah when it comes to helping." He said winking at her while getting inside his car as she nodded slowly.

Nara sighed in relief when he drove away from the area, it was difficult for her to act like she was strong when she was turotired at the same time. But gladly she could do it. Suddenly, someone sat on the chair across her table, when she looked up to the person who sat, she widened her eyes.

Her stomach had so many butterflies right now,

but at the same time she wanted to get rid of him.

"H-hi," he greeted with an awkward smile.

For once, she wasn't sure about what she should do now. She froze as an ice cube. Him appearing in front of her made her heart skipped a beat yet her head denied the fact she felt her heartbeat for him. It was like she almost jumped off a cliff but there was her savior across the cliff. "S-sehun..."

He nodded and smiled again, this time was a better smile than previous one. "I bought your pads and went back home only to notice your departure." He said calmly yet sadly. "You were gone with a misunderstanding you didn't let me explain."

"Killing my former boyfriend, how are you going to explain yourself about that?" She said with watery eyes while looking deeply into his eyes. She wanted to forget but it was too painful; her current boyfriend was the killer of her previous boyfriend, that was rude of her.

"I can-"

"If you can, you would've explain before I even fell for you. Before we dated. But see, you were hiding them the whole time from me. You didn't even tell me that you were a mental patient before. If you think, that you cared, you should've discuss about it with me at least. Because I'm your girlfriend. I feel sinful dating you because you killed my past boyfriend whom I loved." She blabbered to him with tears rolling dwon from her eyes. Watching her hurt because of him killed him in the inside, he wanted to hurt himself watching her looking miserable because of what he has done. "And now what, I have to accept the fact that my boyfriend is my stalker the whole time. I've decided not to see you until I really want to, but guess what, fate is on your side."

Sehun wasn't really able to speak clearly at the moment as words stuck in his throat, it choked him that he decided not to speak yet.

"And now if you're not going to say or explain anything, I'll leave." She said trembling while staning up and wiped her tears and then walked away, but before she could leave, he grabbed her hand making her stop walking and froze there. He then stood up and turned her body around facing him as he leaned in while looking into her eyes before he tried to kiss her, but his lips stopped only a few inches from hers. His hands doubtfully held both of her shoulders. "S-sorry..." he said in stutter. "Y-you- you can leave."

She finally opened her eyes and looked down to her toes before before she turned around to walk away as his tears built up in his eyes when she slowly walked away from him. He slowly followed her behind until the bus halte, where his phone rang telling that there was a new message in his inbox.

"Sehun, are you busy? I'm at the ramyeon shop. Can we talk?"

It was Jackson. Sehun had no choice but to come to the ramyeon shop and leave his girlfriend be as she was going back to the house he didn't know where was it. He turned around and looked for the ramyeon cafe Jackson was talking about to meet and talk with him.

While walking on the street to Jackson's house complex, she saw a black rich-looking car stopped next to her making her stop walking and look at it until the car's door was opened revealing Yura who came out of the car while taking her black glasses of. Yura then turned to Nara and said. "Kim Nara, are you feeling great now that Sehun got your back? So you did it to me as a revenge?"

Nara sighed reluctantly, seemed to be bored of her. "Did what, Yura?"

"Are you kidding?" She scoffed and pulled Nara's hair harshly. "Kim Nara, listen to me, even if he got your back and can save your , I still can get to you. Don't you dare to send me terror messages, you got it? Because I'll make sure you will regret doing it."

Yura said warning her and pushed her to the ground making her fall before walking back into his car leaving Nara grunting in pain. When she was about to stand up, she saw a hand was offered toward her.

"Are you okay?" Daehyun asked.

She took his hand and stood on her feet while smiling at him. "Yes, I am. T-thank you, Daehyun sunbae."

"Yura is one real alright. How can she do that awful thing to you with her dirty hands?" He frowned while walking beside her trying to comfort her with nice, relatable conversations. It made her giggle a little that he even admitted that Yura is a real . He somehow lightened the mood.

"Yes, the fact that she likes him and he actually defended me more made this happen. All that drama." Nara replied with a weak smile and looked down on the ground as they walked together as she secretly hoped that he wouldn't accompany her for a long time because he might find out where did she live.

"I see," Daehyun smiled. "You mean, he dates you and defended you more. It's fine, spill me everything. I'm all ears at the moment." He said again with a chuckle lightening the mood. For a few seconds, they were quiet until he spoke again to her; this time was more serious. "Are you okay?"

"Hm?" She looked at him with confused look.

"You were absent today," he told her. "I heard that you're sick. So are you okay?"

In fact, she wasn't sick at all. "Oh yeah, I'm better now. Thank you, though. Are you... are you going home?"

"Yep," he nodded with a playful smile as he pulled her closer to him by her shoulder. "And you are coming with me."

"W-what?"

"Just one time, please, can you pay for a visit? I miss you and I just feel lonely lately." His eyes looked at hers while pleading like a lost puppy. Having no other choice, she gave in and agreed with the idea of visiting his place. She was curious what made his house so quiet after all. His smile grew wider as he walked to his house together with her.

When both were arrived, he led her into his quiet house and walked inside together. He closed the door as she looked around. In the corner of her eyes, she saw a young girl figure at the kitchen that made her wonder who was it.

"Come, follow me." He said gesturing to the family room next too the living room area.

"I met her,"

Sehun told Jackson happily while drinking his water after finished eating his ramyeon. "I finally met Nara." He added with a smile lingering on his lips but he noticed Jackson looking worried and bothered of something. "Dude, you look uneasy. Why?"

"A-ah, it's-" He was cut off when Sehun spoke to him with a hint of sarcasm yet concern. "No, no, no, don't lie and it's okay me, something is bothering you. What is it?"

"Excuse me, since when did we concern each other?" Jackson said matter-of-factly with sarcasm as well while looking at him. "We're together for the sake of our princess as I precisely remember."

"Sorry," Sehun coughed and rolled his eyes, but he was itchy to know what was bothering him. "But what is it really? You should be relieved that I finally found her. We're one step closer. And you say you wanted to talk, it turns out I'm the one who talk a lot here."

Jackson lifted his sight at him, he wasn't sure how to say this nicely. He was thinking what outcome will be receive after telling him this. "Sehun," he started hesitantly. "A-actually, I already know where is she the whole time and where did she stay. She stayed-"

"Really?" Sehun seemed happy as he lifted his back from being in contact with the chair. "Where?"

Jackson shut his eyes and breathed in before replying to his question.

"My house."

   Author's Notes   

Thank you guys so much for voting in previous chapter. Shoutout to 100+ amazing people who voted the first option and motivated me to finish this story and to those who voted the second option, you guys are free to unsubscribe if you wish. :) Thoughts about this chapter? I'm thankful for those who comments in previous chapter, I'd be glad if you can comment on this chapter to tell me what do you think of it. Don't be a silent reader :( I can't continue if I don't get feedbacks about the chapters I've written with my heart. I need to know if it's good enough. So if you don't mind, please drop a comment or two! ^__^ I love you guys. <3

Welcome to new readers! Enjoy reading. And thank you for those who subscribed and upvoted, you guys are awesome.

Got something to say? >>>> click this sentence to leave messages/thoughts!

Next on Sincerely, Your Dead Boyfriend — "No Rest for the Wicked"