Chapter Six

Sincerely, Your Dead Boyfriend [REWRITTEN VERSION POSTED]

  Chapter Six     
a few good men

"Can you believe it? Her sister is dead."

"Yeah, she was murdered, I heard."

"And she is pretty much alone now."

"Where are her parents?"

"Dead too, a long time ago. You don't know her past life? Seriously, she is one of the popular students and you know nothing?"

Kiyong heard a few people in the hallway talked about Nara and the death of her sister which was all over the news. He was now looking for her, he had the urge to comfort her for what happened to her. He went to her classroom but there was no sign of her and when he went to the backyard, he saw her sitting on the bench alone and was doing nothing. Something hit him hard, seeing her made him sad and touched, but when he was about to approach her, he saw Jackson came and gave her a drink. I shouldn't approach her now, anyway, bad timing. He thought while sighing loudly and quietly watched the two. He then walked back inside the building and stopped in the middle of the way.

He turned to his left and saw a shadow walking to the right where there was a hallway to the library and a few other classes. He went to follow the shadow and lost it when he took turn to the right, there were so many people in the hallway and he couldn't find the exact figure he saw earlier. There was someone here... He frowned deeply at the thought. He then walked forward to the library only to find a few couples were reading books, no body suspicious around here.

"Mr. Lee?" It was Jongin. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing, just touring around." He replied calmly while hiding the groggy behind it. "What about- how did you appear in all of a sudden?"

"I was watching you walking strangely toward the library, so..." Jongin was trailed off and only shrugged because he had nothing else to explain.

Kiyong couldn't argue with that logic explanation, but he suspected him for his sudden presence. However, he only nodded and held back the suspicion knowing he could have mistaken. "Alright, go back to your class. Or are you visiting the library?"

"No, no, just passing by."

Kiyong nodded and left the library as he walked back outside—he didn't know—he just wanted to check his poor student who lost her sister—and now he saw her alone at the bench. Her expression was pitiful and sad. He then decided to approach her, but on the way a big flower pot hit his head and made him fell on the ground with blood all over his head. "Oh my god!" Nara, who witnessed, was shocked and quickly approached him who was unconscious on the ground. "Help! Oh my, Mr. Lee, wake up!"

People quickly gathered, some called the ambulance and some others offered her a handkerchief to wipe the blood. "Is he okay?" Sehun asked while sitting beside her to take care of their teacher's head while waiitng until the ambulance came. He then saw a pot beside the teacher's body and looked up, he was furious that the attempted killer didn't show up to even give a hint. He will pay. Sehun thought because this was definitely one of hundred ways to terror Nara, it must be the one who killed her sister. He must be the stalker.

"I... I'm not sure." Nara was very defeated and tired and anxious, all in one. She better gave herself to the killer last night instead of keep suffering like this. "I heard something fell and seeing him on the ground with blood was all."

Sehun knew she was holding back her tears. He could only sigh and helped her taking care of their teacher.

A few minutes later, an ambulance came. Kiyong was taken to the nearby hospital and his class students only waited inside the classroom for further notice since their teacher obviously couldn't teach today and a few more days. She then saw Jongin walked outside the class and she decided to follow him. "I have to talk to Jongin for a minute, wait here okay?" She told Sehun beside her as he nodded with a surrendered expression because he didn't want to see her with another guy even she was only asking about homeworks.

She walked outside after the class leader and called him. "Jongin!"

He turned around and looked at her innocently, maybe he was pretending. "Hey," he smiled.

"Stop playing that dumb card," she gritted her teeth. "Are you insane?"

"Insane what?" He frowned.

"Last night, why are you behaving strangely toward me?" She narrowed her eyes and crossed her arms in defense.

"Oh," he said simply, sounding uninterested.

"Yeah, oh, what the hell?"

"It was nothing," he said defensively as he walked away but she held his hands and glared at him. Her eyes as if telling him "don't run you prick!"

He bit his lower lips and lowered his volume and said. "I was told to do so by someone. I have no intention doing those. Okay?"

She was surprised at the confession, she never thought he would be put into such condition, but he was really involved. He already was. "Who told you? Why?" She tried to dig in information. "Why did you agree? Jongin, why?"

"I can't tell you. You won't believe me anyway, it's... it's complicated." He stuttered while saying so, as if he was hesitant and scared. His eyes glanced the end of the hallway and widened a little. She noticed it and walked to the end of the hallway to see if anybody was there. "No, Nara, don't!"

She wasn't thinking with her common sense, it might be a trap and she was an idiot for letting herself in such situation. She quietly followed the hallway and stopped in the middle of the way before walking further because she felt a very strange presence behind her, but when she turned around, nobody was there. "Hello?" She called out but all she heard was her own voice and heartbeat. She suddenly didn't recognize the place at all, it looked dark and she had the feeling that there was no escape, or at least emergency exit door. "Show yourself, I'm not afraid of you."

She was suddenly surprised when she heard a bang! sound from the end of the hallway while she could barely see anyone there. Gladly, when she blinked, she saw Sehun was in front of her. "Nara, open your eyes and look at me. Are you okay?" He asked. She realized she was sitting on the ground with sweats all over her body. Hallucination again"Where am I?"

"In our class hallway, you were found in the junior class hallway screaming, so I brought you here." He told her carefully while looking at her studiously in concern and caressed her hair gently. "Did Jongin do anything bad to you?"

"I swear" Jongin tried to explain but was cut off by Sehun who said "shut up, son of a , you're not alllowed to talk" to him with an upset expression, but it changed once he saw the love of his life. Nara, she was his source of happiness and the only one who can make him smile. "Nara?"

"No,no, it wasn't him." Nara said weakly and tried to adjust her sitting position on the ground. "I think I was hallucinating."

"What's wrong?" Jongin asked.

"Don't you get it?" Sehun replied coldly.

Jongin shrugged and breathed out. "Relax, I was just asking..."

Sehun then helped Nara to get up and walk away leaving Jongin alone behind, he looked at her concernly and kissed her head. "We gotta go home, headmaster said we'll be free from school today. Not sure what will happen tomorrow, but he said there might be a temporary teacher to replace Mr. Lee for a while," he informed her what he heard from the headmaster today. "Anyway, you have funeral to attend, remember?"

"Right," Nara clicked her tongue and glared at Jongin behind her. "I still have things to talk about with you, Jongin, see you later."

 

Nara looked at herself in the giant mirror. She was in that dress again, the black dress she used to wore when she attended her parents' funeral three years ago. She took a deep breath and fixed the bottom part of her dress and then grabbed her purse before walking outside the bedroom, seeing Sehun was already in his black formal suit. He stood up and approached her slowly with a smile. "You look pretty," he complimented while holding both of her hands and rubbed them with his thumbs.

"Thankyou," she smiled back shyly. "And you look dashing, I didn't know you can look so hot in suit until I saw you."

Sehun smiled and pulled her into a hug in all of a sudden and planted a few kisses on her head. "I'm so sorry for letting you talk with Jongin, I'm sorry that you have to hallucinate, I'm sorry you have to lose your sister. I should have been there when you need me. I'm really sorry."

"You don't have to feel guilty, it's not your fault." She looked up with a happy smile to convince that it was fine. She was okay. "I'm fine, I'm here now."

Sehun sighed. "If I'm a punctual kind of person, I would have save a life and help you and do something."

"It's okay, I'm glad you tried."

With that, Sehun felt happy that someone appreciated him and his effort. He was glad to share his feelings slowly with her. He looked happy now, with a big smile on his face as if mirroring hers. "Okay, we really need to go the funeral now. Shall we?"

In the church building, Nara sat in the front rows with Sehun sitting right next to her. A few school friends sat on the back rows with her sister college friends, and her uncles and aunts were there too looking sad and some were crying. They were currently singing some worship songs, it reminded her so much of her sister because her sister loved to play such songs every Sundays at home. She then saw a tear dropped on her palm while looking down, she was crying again. After singing, the priest gave time for Nara to talk about her sister and probably some last words. She stood up after talking a deep breath and walked up to the altar, looking at everyone nervously. But she was thankful Sehun was there, he gave her a smile to cheer her up. "My sister..." She started to speak between small sobs. "She was a very nice person. Ever since our parents died, she was the one who work to get money and took care of me without thinking of herself. She was the best sister in the world, she was a great sister, and I'm not so sure of what will I do without her..." She paused as tears rolled down her cheeks, she couldn't hold it anymore, it made her cheeks and eyes felt hot. Most especially, it hurt her heart if she held back her tears. "If God gives me one last chance, I will take care of her. I promise I will be the one who works, takes care of her, let her study and meet her friends. I.... I didn't even have the chance to say good bye and it was stupid of me how I let her die." She sobbed again, this made a few female friends cried as well. "Unnie, if you hear me, I want to say I love you. I really do. Please take care of yourself and be safe with mom and dad in heaven. Goodbye, Kim Nayeon..." She bit her lower lips to hold back the tears just once. "You... you will always be loved."

Everyone clapped their hands as she slowly walked down the altar, while wiping her tears, she saw someone with a black mask waving at her from the very back seats which was to her surprise. Sehun saw she almost slipped and worried if she was going to collapse there, so he came over to help her and walked back to their seat since she seemed unwell. "Are you okay? I don't care how many times I ask you this, I want to make sure."

"Yeah," she answered with a weak smile. "I'm okay, hallucination again, no biggies."

Sehun looked around to find anyone suspicious, but it resulted to nothing.

"Do you need a tissue? Here."

Someone from behind them spoke, it was a girl with a short hair offering tissue box. Beside her, a man kept smiling while looking at Nara which made Sehun upset because the way he saw her was inappropriate to him. "Don't worry, you might don't know me but I know you. So, hi! My name is Lee Hyeri. And this is my brother, Jooheon. I know this sounds crazy but I feel like we'll make a great friend, Nara."

Nara breathed out nervously and raised a brow while looking at the girl. Now isn't that strange...?

 

   Author's Notes   

Alright sue me or anything but I'm really sorry for the late update. I've been losing inspirations, but now I've got a load after watching Insidious 3 and some TV shows and some research. LOL again you guys probably are going to kill me for hurting our hot psychology teacher- but I have to! I was told by *covers mouth* nevermind but yeah sorry it's short, like 2k shorter than previous chapter. Please leave comments, guys, it would mean a lot to me!

#QOTD: Who told Jongin to scare (or confuse) Nara? MWAHAHAHAHA *inserts evilly laughing emoji, if it exists*

Anyway, follow my ask.fm and send me questions (you can ask for imagines too, or send in headcanons like how you wish this story goes etc). Yes, send me some questions because I'm kinda bored and stressed? And yes, there are a few selfies of mine asked by god-knows-who Anonymous, so sorry if my face distracts the good things therein.

P.S new poster ugh ugh ugh I'm in love! New characters coming, see foreword. Mwah XOXO

Next on Sincerely, Your Dead Boyfriend — "Now You See Me, Now You Don't"