Prologue

Sincerely, Your Dead Boyfriend [REWRITTEN VERSION POSTED]

It has been two months since her boyfriend died. It broke her heart into shattered pieces that she was absent from school one week after his death. Even a month after his death, it was still hard for her to concentrate about school. It was like he left her heart forever but she didn't feel the emptiness, it felt like he was still there. She felt like he was only going for a vacation that he couldn't meet her for the moment. But reality hit her – he was dead. No matter how much she cried over his death and prayed to God about giving him back, he was dead. How rude of you for leaving me alone, Mark? She shut her eyes and breathed out heavily as memories zipped through her mind like crystal clear. Her tears rolled down her cheeks as a vision of his face also appeared at the same time. She suddenly opened her eyes and took a deep breath as if she was drowning in the sea with no way out, people around her looked at her strangely like she was a freak. Yeah, maybe I am. She pressed her lips together and looked at the ground, that was before she heard someone called her name.

"Mrs. Kim Nara?"

She turned to see a nurse was calling her name indicating that it was now her turn to enter the check-up room. She was currently at the hospital to check herself up because she had a fever and she couldn't stand the fever she was having. It got worst every night and it made her unable to sleep often which was annoying. Usually, when her boyfriend was still alive, he would accompany her whenever she couldn't sleep no matter how he wanted to sleep that moment. He would bring her to the hospital the next day and he paid the bills. "Oh, it's my turn?" She asked while standing up, approaching the nurse who was holding a few papers in her hand.

"Yes, miss. Go inside, the doctor is waiting for you."

Nara nodded, walking into the room as she saw a doctor smiled at her. He stood up from his desk and greeted her with a handshake. "Hello, it's been a few months since you came here," he said pushing her gently and gestured to the seat in front of his desk. "Where's Mark? You usually came with him."

She was quiet when he asked her about her boyfriend. He is dead. She said in the back of her mind, but she refused to talk about it to him. "Oh," he nodded and decided to left the topic behind. "I'm sorry about it, I hope you can make it up with him. You two looks cute together." Maybe he was thinking that we broke up, how easy.

"It's... it's fine," she faked a smile and sat on the seat he was offering her.

"So what is it?" He asked while writing something on the book, a book of his patients' data. He seemed to be writing her name in it and he didn't have to ask her again about her name, because he remembered her data. She came here often and it made him remember her physical appearance and even her data. "A little fever, but the flu was worst at night." She said in reply as he gestured her to lay herself on the check up bed. She did as what was told. They started the check up and the doctor adviced her to do what, eat what and drink what as usual. He also gave her the medicines list she had to take from the pharmacy later. "Thankyou, doc." She said with a smile before she left. "Take care, Nara."

With that, she left to the pharmacy part of the hospital. She gave the list of the medicines to the worker and waited for the medicines to be given to her and while she was waiting, she looked around her because of the feeling she got that someone was watching her. She was a little surprised when she saw a familiar man sitting on the waiting seats. Oh Sehun...? And he was looking at her right in the eyes. He was folding his arms, doing nothing than just waiting while looking at her with some kind of death glare, but it was a few seconds before he looked away. Creepy. As soon as the pharmacy worker gave her the complete medicines, she walked away to the lobby only to find Jackson was standing at the edge of the lobby. "Jackson?" She called while approaching him, and he was surprised when she touched his shoulder. "Hey! Nara... What are you doing here?" He asked with a smile while pulling her into his hug.

She giggled and then pulled away. "I was checking myself. I have a fever. What about you?"

"Oh really? Get well soon. You have to take care of yourself," he said rubbing her shoulder gently and then smiled again. It was very charming that she couldn't help but to look at it and then mirroring the smile to him. "I was accompanying my sister, she was checking herself as well inside."

"Thank you," she said while thinking of how sweet he was. He was always a gentleman to her. "Is she sick?"

"I think so. She keeps complaining about her lung, she said it hurts." He replied while breathing out and placed his hands inside his pocket. He then looked up to her, "So... are you going home? Any driver? I'll volunteer if you have nobody coming to pick you up."

She smiled shyly at him. "It's okay, I can walk myself home. You have to accompany your sister, right?"

He rolled his eyes and pulled her hand gently to where he parked his car. "It's fine, she'll call me once she is done. I can't stand seeing you walking home alone especially that you're sick right now." She giggled at how protective he could be, it was ever since her boyfriend died. He started showing his protective side a lot. "But my house is nearby, why wasting your gas?"

"I don't care, I'm taking you home. Get in." He said with a smile as he got inside the car, she got inside as well, sitting right next to his seat. "You know how protective I am, keep telling me not to take care of you, the more I will do it." Sweet.

She nodded and chuckled while looking outside the glass window as he started driving away to her home. For a moment, she realized that with him she forgot about her past. He made her forget about her headache. "Have you eaten anything?" She asked him to break the silence although he played a calming jazz song on the radio. "Yeah, how about you?" He asked. She nodded in reply to his question. She realized now they were at a familiar complex, they were near to her house. Usually it would be her boyfriend who took her home using this pathway, now his friend started doing the same which made her felt... nostalgic. Once they were arrived in front of her house, she got off and so did he. He kissed her forehead before they parted. She liked sweet stuff like that, how clever of him. When she was about to go inside, she was pulled by him. He was giving a back hug as he mumbled onto her neck. "I feel like keeping you with me, Nara. Once I'm with you, I can't let you go~" He mumbled which made her smile and she rubbed his arm. "I have to, my sister is waiting inside."

"Alright..." He pouted as she turned around and pinched the pout gently. "Send my warmest greeting to her, okay?"

"Okay," she nodded and they actually parted for real this time. She then went inside her house to find her sister was being lazy on the couch while eating cookie jar and watching TV. She then turned around and said "Yongguk is upstairs, waiting for you," which made her think she have to go upstairs quickly before he messed up with her stuff like he used to when she was late. "Okay, thanks unnie! Anyway, Jackson sends his warm greeting for you just a few minutes ago."

Without listening to her sister's response yet, she quickly rushed upstairs to her room. Instead of finding a 'messing' Yongguk, she found a quietly sleeping Yongguk on her bed. You look handsome, as always. She chuckled and slowly closed the door, so she wouldn't wake him up. She walked toward a mirror, standing in front of it while taking off her outerwear quickly to change into pjs before the man who was sleeping on her bed noticed but she suddenly was pulled back and fell backward on top of a figure. "Wow!" She shrieked a little. "Oppa, I'm only in my sleeveless top!"

"It's okay, you look y in it." He said while pushing her gently to the bed, right beside him, inside his hug. His deep bass voice made her shiver a little, she loved his voice. "I've been waiting for you, what is taking you so long? I miss you~"

"I'm sorry, I was from the hospital." She said through her grin as she inhaled the typical scent he has, although it wasn't as turning on as her boyfriend, she felt calm and safe like this. "Are you planning to sleepover with me again?"

"Yes."

He chuckled while getting his phone to probably check something, like always, before going to nap for a few minutes with her. She creased her brows without saying anything else, she rested her head near to his chest, she could feel his heartbeat. I know you like me, she thought inside her head with a smile. Ever since her boyfriend's death, being loved and teased by boys made her a little happy. Knowing that they liked her made her even happier. Their moment together was distracted when she heard her phone vibrated, she got her phone from her jeans pocket and saw that she received a message. When she opened, it was from... Mark? She was shocked.

"Chagiya, don't you miss me? Then why are you hugging him?"

   Author's Notes   

so... that's the prologue! :)
hopefully you'll like it and interested to read more. subs, comments & upvotes are appreciated. <3

P.S, thankyou shimizuhanae for subscribing to this fic! <3