Eight

Speak To Me

Weekends had become a time where Taekwoon could escape school live and dive straight into his reading. On Saturday mornings he would finish the school work he didn’t complete during the week or start assignments that needed to be done. After that was finished he would read until around two when he had an extra class with Gayeon at her apartment. That was always challenging for Taekwoon, because although Gayeon accepted his silence more than Hakyeon, she just about talked the same amount her younger brother did before class and during breaks she called for herself rather than Taekwoon – who would have preferred to continue. Then on Sunday he would enjoy the day by himself with a novel of his own choice.

During his classes at Gayeon’s, Taekwoon would normally find Hakyeon around the apartment somewhere. At first it didn’t bother the other, as he would simply cook something in the kitchen for Gayeon – who would insist that Taekwoon stay for food even when he verbally protested. But slowly it began to make Taekwoon genuinely annoyed as he would feel Hakyeon’s eyes on his back as he played, or when Hakyeon would sit across from them pretending to do homework when instead he would simply stare at Taekwoon’s hands moving across the keys.

Normally, this wouldn’t have bother Taekwoon; considering each time he finished a piece Hakyeon would praise him no matter how much he stuffed it up. But for some reason that Taekwoon couldn’t identify, Hakyeon watching and praising him lead to immense annoyance and frustration for the pianist. And maybe if he attempted to delve deeper into these feelings he would have found the cause, but for Taekwoon, the obvious cause was the one that existed on the surface; Cha Hakyeon.

So eventually, after what seemed like way too many death glares, grunts of annoyance and finger slams of frustration on the ivory keys, Gayeon decided that Hakyeon was best to stay where Taekwoon couldn’t see or hear him during his practice. The first week was Hakyeon in the kitchen, the next Gayeon’s room and then, ultimately, this lead to Hakyeon’s regular visits to his sister dimensioning on the days that Taekwoon would visit. Then after that Taekwoon too seemed to lose confidence in his playing, as if he was missing the constant praise that Hakyeon offered him. Even at school it seemed as though Hakyeon had started to ignore him, which didn’t help Taekwoon’s confidence at all.

And after three months since his first lesson with Gayeon, Taekwoon stopped showing up all together.

At first Gayeon thought that Taekwoon was simply sick and Hakyeon didn’t have any reason to argue with that; stating that the other male had been less attentive in his classes and would often fall asleep at strange points of the day. But it was during the third week of absences and lack of call from Taekwoon or his Grandmother, that Gayeon became suspicious. It didn’t help that over the past two months Hakyeon had slowly stopped mentioning Taekwoon on his own. Instead, Gayeon would often have to prod Hakyeon for information on the other. Asking numerous questions on how Hakyeon was going in his venture to hear Taekwoon talk more, and make him smile more than once a week, or if he still had a crush on the other. Each time Hakyeon replied in either a defensive or uninterested tone.

That made Gayeon want to do something. She had a feeling that Hakyeon was avoiding Taekwoon at school as well as during his practice time, due to Taekwoon’s offensive nature. And Taekwoon’s slow decent into denial was obviously caused by Hakyeon himself. It was obvious that something was going on between the two boys but neither knew what the other was thinking or feeling.

On the Sunday after Taekwoon missed yet another lesson, Gayeon decided to turn her thoughts into actions and make the two boys face each other. Hakyeon had taken to visiting Gayeon around lunch on Sundays and she felt that this was the perfect time to ask Hakyeon to run some errands for her while she claimed to have a lesson scheduled for that time. When Hakyeon arrived at her apartment to collect the food stuffs she wanted to give to an elderly friend of hers, she gave him the right directions and sent him on his way with no further conversation than that.

Once he was gone Gayeon called Taekwoon’s Grandmother and gave her detailed instructions on what she had in mind. Explaining that the two had had a falling out of sorts, and that even though they weren’t exactly close to begin with, they did need to sort it out before they both dropped into bad habits. The elderly woman understood and apologised for not calling about Taekwoon’s absence, stating that she had no clue why he had been looking so miserable at home. The two hung up, happy to now have an idea as to why their younger relatives were so sad.

 

Sunday’s were Taekwoon’s day to himself. The one day a week where he would lay on his bed with a book and drink tea and do nothing else. The day he reserved to be alone. The day that was currently being interrupted by a knock at his door and a face that he hadn’t seen up so close for some time.

Sunday’s normally were Taekwoon’s day to himself.

 

A/N:: I hope it doesn't feel like its moving too fast... But it is kind of necessary to fast forward a little bit cause otherwise it will just drag on and on with nothing interesting. If you feel like you might be missing out on some stuff do not worry! The next update will have many key events from the two months that I fast forwarded. 

Thank you to eveyone who has commented and to those of you who have subscribed~! <3

Untill next time my lovelies. <3