Fourteen

Speak To Me

Sometimes, only sometimes, Taekwoon felt like he wanted something more from Hakyeon. Only sometimes did he feel like their relationship could be more. But that was only sometimes. The rest of the time, Taekwoon would shove those feelings down to the pit of his stomach and would pray they would go away.

Honestly speaking, Taekwoon wasn’t exactly keen on the idea of being in a relationship with a girl. He had never envisioned himself with anyone like that, nor did he see himself with anyone really, that’s just how he was. When he started high school his parent often spoke of him having children, which made his stomach flip and churn in dread – not because he didn’t want them, but because of what that entailed.

When he had asked his sisters about the way he felt, they just giggled and said it was okay to be ‘gay’.

Taekwoon hadn’t understood what that meant.

Taekwoon had never know what it was like to be gay, no one he knew was gay, no one spoke of being gay. It was a taboo subject in Korea after all. It was one of those things that was often hidden behind closed doors. No one needed to know if you were gay, no one needed to know anything more than ‘not having found the right girl yet.’ That’s how things worked in Korea.

So, in his first year of high school he had done some research online. He discovered that he had two possible ualities. The first, homoual. He didn’t really know whether to accept that possibility or not. It wasn’t like he had ever found another male attractive. He had never thought of being with another man until his sisters bought it up, and although his body and mind didn’t seem to reject the proposal, he didn’t feel right saying that he was straight out gay.

That then lead him to his second possibly uality as an aual. This one seemed to work for him, he didn’t feel like he had any ual feelings to anyone, to anything. He just wasn’t into that sort of thing. Sure he had imagined what it would be like to have or to be kissed, but it was never more than simple curiosity about ual activities, no one ever came to mind when he thought of it.

So, with a look back at his loveless past Taekwoon quickly concluded that he must be aual.

And yet, Hakyeon… Hakyeon made him imagine things. Made him feel things. Made him want to do things. He wasn’t sure if it was because they were just so close as friends that he wanted more or if he was wrong in the first place and was simply gay. But… if he was gay, then surely other males would make him want to do things like that… so why was it only Hakyeon..?

 

Hakyeon was disheartened. He had all these plans for their last term together. He had all these plans to do over thirteen weeks.  So many ideas.

Movies.

Indoor picnics.

A visit to the heated pool down the road.

Video games and just spending time together like always.   

That was just some of the things on Hakyeon’s list.

But now, with Taekwoon leaving in three weeks instead of the end of the senior term like he said he would, Hakyeon didn’t have enough time. He didn’t know what he was going to do now…

 

Their last day of school was spent together, with Hakyeon finding himself more attached to Taekwoon than normal. It might have been because Taekwoon knew he was upset, or because of the possible kiss to the top of his head, either way Hakyeon was allowed to cling to Taekwoon’s arm outside of classes.

Taekwoon didn’t complain when Hakyeon had first done it – after calming down from the initial shock of the news and the closeness Taekwoon initiated himself. At first Hakyeon was surprised that Taekwoon let him wrap his arms around his waist, or hold on to his arm when they were walking toward the cafeteria, but by the time they were walking home together Hakyeon had grown used to the closeness.

“You want to watch a movie at mine?” Hakyeon asks, both arms wrapped around Taekwoon’s bicep. There is a small part of him that wants to lean closer but the rest of him feels like Taekwoon may reach his limit soon.

Nodding slightly, Taekwoon awkwardly pulls his phone out of his pocket and texts his grandmother to notify her of their plans. He knows that it will be okay no matter what, but it is polite to let her know.

Hakyeon smiles, and let’s go of Taekwoon’s arm in favour for holding his hand – something he is unsure about but feels Taekwoon might be more comfortable with. When Taekwoon shows no sign of malice towards the hand holding, Hakyeon starts swinging their arms.

“What should we watch Taekwoonie?” Hakyeon asks, turning his head to face the other, ready to play their usual game of guess what Taekwoon wants.

“Do you want to watch an action?” No reaction.

“Comedy?” Taekwoon purses his lips.

Although he knows he can just say it out loud, Taekwoon does like how attentive Hakyeon becomes when they do this.

“Drama? Romance?” A grimace.

Normally Taekwoon would have some idea of what to watch. But today, with all of its confounding emotions has him at a loss.

“Mystery?” Taekwoon sighs.

“!” Hakyeon laughs, he can’t think of any other genres right now.

“Okay…”

Taekwoon doesn’t see a problem with it. If anything he feels that it might be a good idea. All day he has let Hakyeon cling to him and he hasn’t once felt the urge to push him away. In fact, at some points when Hakyeon obviously felt that he was invading Taekwoon’s personal space too much and would pull away, Taekwoon actually wanted to pull him closer.

Hakyeon stops walking and stares at Taekwoon, “Are you okay Taekwoonie?” he asks with a frown.

There is no way, no way that Taekwoon would ever agree to watch . Not unless he was sick, or drunk or high or something…

Taekwoon nods, staring at Hakyeon intently, “I’m okay.”

“You just agreed to watch with me.” Hakyeon mutters.

“Yes.”

For Taekwoon it would be the only way to work out why he is acting this way. He wants to see how Hakyeon would react to such a thing, he wants to know how he would react to such a thing.

And there is also an idea nagging him at the back of his mind. How would Hakyeon react to him doing those things?

Hakyeon bites his lip, and, letting go of Taekwoon’s hand, starts walking again. “I think it’s better if you go home today.”

Taekwoon reaches out for Hakyeon’s wrist. “I want to watch something like that with you.” He mutters. He doesn’t exactly know how to put it into words but he wants to be honest with Hakyeon. They are best friends after all.

“Why?” Hakyeon pulls Taekwoon along, moving his hand into Taekwoon’s as a natural reaction. “Do you want me to help you relieve some stress or something?”

Sighing, Taekwoon forces Hakyeon to stop when they reach the entrance to his place.

“No… I… ” He mutters looking at their feet, “feel confused…”

Hakyeon pulls Taekwoon into a hug just before he bursts into tears.

 

A/N:: I am sorry I took so long to update. I didn't mean for it to be so long without an update. 

Last time I said I had my birthday, then exams, then I had a birthday gathering then I was on holidays, for two weeks. In which I was going to write, a lot. It was my only plan. My only job - because the two places I had interviews with rejected me. But I watched anime and read manga instead. Then I went to Sydney to see BIGBANG and I couldn't really update then... And then suddenly I am a week behind in my school work and need to get on top of things. Which is why I am updating now. I am on top of things, and its midnight and I wrote this lame chapter because I am disapointed in myself for taking so long.

So... Taekwoon has feelings, Hakyeon is clingy and is anyone else excited for CHAINED UP tomorrow?!!

Once again, I am so so so so so sorry for not updating, I will update again by the end of the week (hopefully). Thank you for all stickying by me and commenting and loving and just being beautiful even though I . I love you. <3

P.S. How would everyone react if these two did naughty things...?