Eleven

Speak To Me

Hakyeon wasn’t prepared for how happy Taekwoon would be.

Hakyeon was not prepared for how high up it would be.

Hakyeon was just not prepared.

By the time they had gotten to the Drop, they were already being pushed on to it. It gave no time for Hakyeon to even figure out if he could do something so extreme. When they started going up, Hakyeon was holding onto his harness for dear life, eyes shut tight trying to hide his fear. Next to him, Taekwoon was smiling, watching as people grew smaller beneath them.

When they stopped, Hakyeon braved his fears, and opened his eyes slightly. He could see the complete span of the car park and even out a little further. It made his stomach twist and tighten with fear. He turned to his left to see Taekwoon nodding his head slightly and smiling. This caught Hakyeon off guard. Such a cheerful smile.

That was when the ride clicked and they dropped. Hakyeon barely had time to scream when he realised what was happening. Half way through he lost all sound, all ability to breathe. The air was rushing passed him and he couldn’t get any no matter how much he gapped like a fish. He started to feel light headed and his stomach was flipping even more when the ride slowed down. Finally, he was able to breathe.

Taekwoon was laughing. It was a very rare sound that Hakyeon had longed to hear more than the others voice at times. Looking at the other, in disbelief , Hakyeon saw Taekwoon laughing behind his hand with his eyes closed slightly.

“What are you laughing at?” Hakyeon says, undoing the harness and standing up, ready to leave the horrid ride that stopped him from breathing.

Taekwoon just shook his head and undid himself as well. He wasn’t calm enough to explain that he was laughing at the look of pure horror that had occurred on Hakyeon’s face as they started to fall. Instead he just stifled his laughter and pat Hakyeon’s shoulder leading them towards another ride.

 

They ended doing several more thrill rides before Hakyeon stated that he might faint if he went on another one. What made that feeling worse was that every time they came off a ride Taekwoon had either smiled like a three year old or laughing behind his hand and occasionally clapping. And every time Taekwoon refused to express verbally what he was laughing at. In fact he refused profusely at any suggest Hakyeon had provided.  To Taekwoon, Hakyeon’s frightened features were incredibly hilarious.  Especially when he claimed that he was fine or wasn’t afraid to go on the rides Taekwoon wanted.

Once Taekwoon accepted the fact that Hakyeon no longer wanted to be involved in anymore ‘near death experiences that people call fun’, he let Hakyeon lead them around the park again. He was quite prepared to ride on the merry-go-round again – even if he would probably fall asleep on the horse if he had to do it again. So when Hakyeon pulled him into a laser tag booth, he was quite surprised.

Hakyeon decided that he would choose his and Taekwoon’s packs based on the name it came with. There were many people who were picking based on colour but Hakyeon wanted two certain names that he seen up on the previous groups score board. When he found them he handed one to Taekwoon and put on his.

Before he even put on the pack, Taekwoon read the name that was placed on the front and looked at Hakyeon with a raised eyebrow, asking silently why he had chosen this one for him.

“Because you always look really fierce, like a lion.” Hakyeon smiled, “Therefore, you have to be Leo the Lion.”

Taekwoon sighed and put on his pack, tightening the straps where he needed to before turning back to Hakyeon to read his name tag.

“Leader N?” he asked softly, and for the millionth time that day Hakyeon felt his stomach twist. He simply nods before dragging Taekwoon into the arena following the others.

A voice over the loud speaker reiterates the rules of the game then the lights go out and a buzzer sounds, indicating the game has begun. It doesn’t take long for the two of them to find other people, aiming and shooting at their packs to get them out. Occasionally they come across flashing dots on the wall which Taekwoon shoots at in order gain a few extra points while Hakyeon looks around to shot anyone who comes near them.

They work surprisingly well as a team, only getting out a few times each – although Taekwoon was much better at staying in then Hakyeon. When the lights come back on they follow the crowd back out into the main area, removing their packs and gazing up at the score board.

To Hakyeon’s surprise they didn’t come first, but they’re pack names were in the top ten. Which was better than nothing if you asked him. Taekwoon was proud of his achievement smiling at Hakyeon as they exit the game.

 

Slowly after several more games – including bumper cars and another shooting game – their time at the park dwindles and it soon becomes time for their last ride or game. Taekwoon is prepared to let Hakyeon decide but when he sees the Ferris wheel – one he surprisingly hadn’t noticed – he changes his mind and drags Hakyeon over to it before he can even complain.

Not that Hakyeon would complain.

Not about a Ferris wheel. They were slow, they very rarely had any accidents and he couldn’t see below his feet, just out the widows. He liked them. And then there was also that little fortune about riding Ferris wheels on your first outing with a friend or loved one. In his dreams, Hakyeon always imagined that he would ride a Ferris wheel with Taekwoon, and that they would be lifelong friends forever – as the fortune tends to go.

So when they were boarding the carriage by themselves Hakyeon was all smiles. Even when they stopped at the top he was smiling, which cause Taekwoon to smile ever so slightly at his friend. He too remembered  the fortune as they climbed aboard and as Hakyeon muttered about certain things that had happened earlier that day, he was glad that he could consider Hakyeon a friend for life.

 

A/N:: So much for writers blcok XD

Here is the second update featuring scared Hakyeon and cutie Taekwoon. I hope you enjoyed it.

Hakyeon losing his breath on the Drop is inspired by the last time I rode a thrill ride, it is really hard to breathe if you stop screaming when falling. Just keep that in mind and stay tunned next weekend ^^  <3