Twelve

Speak To Me

A/N: I would like to apologise for the month long wait for this chapter. The first week I was away with my cousin and didn't get a chance to write. The second I was behind on my work and had to catch up. The third I had an assessment due and now this week I am updating for you. Again I apologise for making you wait so long. I won't be doing a 4 chapter catch up. Just a double update in order of get myself back on schedule. Soon I go on break from uni so hopefully I will update more then ^^ 

Also this is't proof read so be nice~! haha

 

Sometimes if you let things simmer away on their own they can grow in bulk. Other things half or lessen more than that. In Hakyeon's case, things often grew. What could start out as a little hope for friendship could quickly develop into a crush and then, before Hakyeon knew it he could be head over heels in love. This often happened to him. 

One occasion in particular that had gotten so bad that he swore off ever liking anyone ever again. Gayeon seemed to agree that it would be best if Hakyeon attempted to calm his feelings down. Try and stifle the growth of them. And that was what he had done over the first session at school. He had shoved his feelings down into his stomach and attempted to remove them from his body.

But... A single ride on the Ferris wheel had bought them all to the surface and even though Hakyeon had left his feelings as a small maybe sort of crush, they returned in a more violent kind of maybe love. All because of a simple belief. A simple yet stupid belief that if you and someone you are close with ride on a Ferris wheel together on your first outing, you are likely to stay together forever. 

Forever.

It sounded nice to Hakyeon. Forever with Taekwoon. Silent and brooding Taekwoon who had so much to say about the world in so few words. 

Taekwoon whose hair was black like midnight and fell on his face like curtains which he would attempt to comb away constantly. Hakyeon had helped once, simply running his hand through Taekwoon's hair and pushing it away... that had ended with a bruise on his shoulder. So Hakyeon never - although he had attempted to - touched Taekwoon's hair. 

There were other things that Hakyeon had learnt about Taekwoon after spending time with him. Like how when the other spoke, it would be something profound or that held great meaning. He never wasted his words. Hakyeon also learnt about the other’s obsession with novels, and would often attempt to find some in the local library for Taekwoon to read in between their studies.

To Hakyeon, Taekwoon was incredible. Taekwoon was precious. Taekwoon was Taekwoon and Hakyeon didn’t want to lose him. Ever.

But, sadly, you can’t always get what you want in life. And Hakyeon knew that, he had known from the moment Taekwoon had stepped into his life. It was a sad fact that was always playing in Hakyeon’s mind and ruining his happy moments with Taekwoon…

 

After several months of living with his grandmother, Taekwoon had his own routine that was quite like studying and living alone. He would walk to and from school, alone and would often miss his grandmother when she went out to play bingo or go to the aqua aerobics class that occurred every other day. Taekwoon would see Hakyeon when he went to Gayeon’s house to practice piano, and after they had both finished their homework or revision for the evening.

Actually, Taekwoon spent the majority of his free time with Hakyeon. They would go to the park and while Hakyeon muck around and practice random dance moves, Taekwoon would read. They would spend evenings in each other’s bed rooms, one resting against the bed and the other resting on the bed itself. Sometimes they would each have a textbook in hand, other times they would simply be listening to music.

Taekwoon found himself slowly becoming consumed in a friendship that he had never intended on starting. A friendship, that when he had arrived, was not a possibility to him. Something that was so out of the way of what he had planned that he had not even intentionally started carrying about Hakyeon until it was too late for him to stop.

 

School slowed down in the last few days of the session. Homework became minimal and classes were more relaxed. All the students seemed exhausted on the last day, even though things had slowed down for them, they were still in their final year of school and entrance exams were coming up soon. The lack of sleep was really just an ordinary side effect for those who cared enough to go for that extra study.

Hakyeon was one of those lucky people who didn’t really need to study to do well. As long as he paid attention, and put in at least some effort he could pull off an A-. And so, as he did the minimal amount of study he could, he wasn’t as tired as some of the other students. Taekwoon, was in a similar position, however was tired, not from studying, but from staying up too late and reading. It was a habit that he had managed to evade as his study load increased, but now, with the session ending, he was reverting back to old ways.

So it was for that reason that Taekwoon was asleep on his desk when Hakyeon arrived on the last day of school. It was a first for the other to arrive before Hakyeon did, and Hakyeon had been surprised to see a familiar mop of hair spread out on the desk like an octopus.

Hakyeon set his things down on his desk and sat down in his chair, rest his head in his hands gazing at Taekwoon’s black octopus of hair. For a while, Hakyeon had found his heart pounded whenever he was alone with Taekwoon. There were also random thoughts that would cross his mind and make him do crazy things.

Just the other day, he had fallen over and Taekwoon – who had at first laughed behind his hand – had helped him up. It had made Hakyeon wrap his arms around his friend, the thoughts that had crossed his mind had told him to do more than that but he knew that Taekwoon would never accept that. No matter how much Hakyeon wanted him to.

It felt, to Hakyeon, like he was going crazy. He had told Gayeon about it and she had simply smiled and patted his head saying that everything would work out.

How was it meant to work out when Hakyeon wanted to hug his friend constantly? When there were times that he wanted to kiss the other? When thoughts of going on dates crossed his mind? How was it meant to work out when Hakyeon was in love with Taekwoon, his best friend?

Next to him, Taekwoon shifts, turning his head towards Hakyeon, and opening one eye. When he sees Hakyeon next to him he gives a slight smile, one that Hakyeon has grown to accept as the best he will get when Taekwoon greets him.

“Morning Taekwoon,” Hakyeon says, smiling back brightly, pushing away the thought of wanting to kiss sleepy Taekwoon till he woke up. “What brings you here this early?”

Taekwoon sits up, rubbing his eyes and before speaking. “I wanted to tell you, I am going home at the end of the holidays. My parents are coming back early.”

Hakyeon feels like his heart has dropped to his stomach and has started being digested.

This cannot be happening.

“I am going back to Seoul in three weeks.”