Two

Speak To Me

Cha Hakyeon is a senior student. He likes music and art, he loves dance. One of his favourite things to do is to make people smile. Although he isn’t good at it when he tries too hard, when he is being himself, his cheerful flamboyant self, he can spread joy and laughter throughout his classmates. But, he often ends up making them all face palm in hope that he will stop his terrible efforts and just be his normal self.

Hakyeon had wandered into school that morning with a sleepy expression, he always arrived early to help set up the classroom. It wasn’t that he chose to become class president, it was the choice of everyone else in his class, he had been nominated – although not quite against his will as he would sometimes tell his family and friends. He was well liked within the school and even more so among his classmates and was nominated unanimously. And maybe, if he hadn’t already been doing the job of the class president – against the will of the previous class president – he mightn’t have gotten the role so easily.

You see, Hakyeon liked things to go well, and he liked to be in control when said things went well. And although he liked having control, he was in no way a control freak, he was polite and always aware of other people’s feelings constantly taking them into consideration. He worked hard and was always busy with after school activities that – he hoped – would give him an advantage for future career paths and study.

On his way through the school, Hakyeon would smile at the other students who arrived at the ridiculous hour that was six thirty. Most of the students that passed him were in the younger years, hoping that arriving this early would get them some kind of head start on the day. Hakyeon knew that they wouldn’t be able to focus later in the day if they kept this up. He had seen the same junior girls for the past month and a half arriving around the same time every morning, and each morning he greeted them with a dazzling smile.

Hakyeon was smart; he read a few things here and there. But although he was smart, his parents felt he wasn’t as smart as he could be. Not as smart as the class wanted him to be. Having an average grade of seventy-five wasn’t good enough to be put in the top class. No, in this school, seventy-five percent would put you towards the bottom of the ladder. Being a part of a prestigious high school was like that. Remembering back to the last test scores, he recalled the lowest mark in his class being fifty, the highest seventy-two. Neither of which were Hakyeon. Hakyeon, happily, sat in third place on his class roster.

His parents weren’t too happy that he was third while his sister had always been the top of her year, and even his brother’s marks tended to sit in higher than Hakyeon’s in the greater scale of things. But, with Hakyeon’s extra-curricular activities, and being the youngest in his class by at least seven months, he was forgiven for only coming third.

After climbing the flight of stairs to the second floor, Hakyeon walks down the empty corridor to the fourth room, where he slides the door across and enters. Already the classroom is basically ready for the day – the chairs and tables are set out in an orderly fashion and the floors had been swept the evening before. So Hakyeon simply went to his chair, in the second row from the window and towards the lockers at the back of the room. He put his bag under his desk, stretched his arms out before resting them on the table and using them as a cushion.

Not too long later had he fallen asleep.

 

A/N:: thank you to everyone who has subscribed so far! I hope you enjoy this story I will try to update weekly or fortnightly but I can't make promises... anyway thank you again!!