Thirteen

Speak To Me

Back in Seoul, Taekwoon had serval friends. His friends understood his need to use few words, and understood that they wouldn’t be contacted while Taekwoon was outside of Seoul. That’s just how Taekwoon was.

Taekwoon himself had let them all know that he had no reason to contact them as he would be burying himself in books and study. That they didn’t have to worry about him making other friends to ‘replace’ them. Taekwoon had said that if he called them, he would miss home more than he knew he already would.

However, when Taekwoon’s eldest sister called telling him that their parents would be back earlier than expected, he felt a sense of dread. Much like the one he had first felt when he was told he would be staying with his grandmother.

Taekwoon dreaded having to be social. Taekwoon dreaded going back to a city where people were everywhere. Taekwoon dreaded seeing his friends…

It wasn’t that Taekwoon had grown to hate his friends, and it wasn’t that he was nervous about seeing them or the possible changes they had gone through. He dreaded seeing his city friends because he knew it would remind him of his one and only friend here. They would remind him that he left Hakyeon behind. Every time he thought of seeing his friends he thought of the face that he knew Hakyeon would pull when he told him he was going back to Seoul.

That night Taekwoon didn’t get much sleep. He kept waking up from his sleep having seen the look of pure sadness and loss that Hakyeon would give him. It was like a nightmare that he knew had to come true. He had no way of changing it. Hakyeon had grown attached, and so had he…  

 

When Taekwoon arrived at school the next morning, he fell asleep almost instantly. He had woken up early and gotten to the classroom at five thirty, surprisingly it was open. Taekwoon, although filled with guilt, was so tired that as soon as he rested his head against his arms he fell asleep.

The next thing he knew was that Hakyeon was next to him. Even though he was still partially asleep, Taekwoon could tell that the other person who was breathing in the room was Hakyeon. He didn’t quite understand how he knew that to be exact, but put it down to the fact that they spent so much time together.

Opening his eyes and smiling slightly, Taekwoon can feel the twisting of his stomach again. It was made worse when Hakyeon smiled.

Why did Hakyeon have to be so happy about seeing him? Why did he have to smile like that? Taekwoon didn’t deserve to call Hakyeon a friend.

“Morning Taekwoon, why are you here so early?”

It now or never, Taekwoon thinks. Sitting up and rubbing the sleep away from his eyes.

“I wanted to tell you, I am going home at the end of the holidays. My parents are coming back early.” Taekwoon watches as the smile on Hakyeon’s face falls. “I go back to Seoul in three weeks.”

The guilt he felt before telling Hakyeon triples. He can see the colour leave Hakyeon’s cheeks as he visibly deflates, sinking into his chair more than before. Taekwoon thinks he knows exactly how Hakyeon feels. From the way Hakyeon’s eyes water and wander around the room looking for something, anything that is Taekwoon, he can tell that Hakyeon is upset. From the way the other’s hands twist together in his lap, Taekwoon knows that Hakyeon is distraught. And what really tells Taekwoon how Hakyeon is feeling is the way Hakyeon attempts to form words with his lips. They move together and try to make sound come out but nothing happens. Taekwoon knows that this hit Hakyeon harder than he ever thought it would.

Now, Taekwoon isn’t exactly one that initiates a lot of physical contact. It normally happens when he knows the person very well, and even then he doesn’t tend to allow a lot of physical contact.

There have been several times that Taekwoon has hit Hakyeon away from him. Other times where he just went with the flow. But more often than not Hakyeon would be pushed away and Taekwoon would proceed to glare at him. Taekwoon, in their relationship thus far, has never initiated any of the contact.

Until now.

Taekwoon is good at reading people.

Because he talks more with his body than anyone else, he knows how other people feel when they look a certain way. He understands what they are trying to say when they move in a certain way.

And right now, in front of him, his new lifelong friend is attempting to use words to express how he feels when his body is already doing that for him. He is trying to tell him something, when Taekwoon can clearly read it from his body language.

That is why Taekwoon lunges forward and wraps his arms around Hakyeon, whose tears overflow at that exact moment. That is why Taekwoon pull’s Hakyeon’s head into the crook of his neck. It’s why Taekwoon the others hair and softly, so softly that Hakyeon is unsure that it actually happened, kisses the top of his head.

 

A/N:: Sooooo... its tuesday... Haha A tad later than I expected to put this up... and a bit shorter too. :( 

However~ there is action. and yay~! cute stuff

I had a job interview today, I feel like Idid well but I haven't made coffee in so long I stumbled a bit in the practical part of it.. :/ 

Also, next weekend is my birthday/start of my exam week so if I don't post the next chapter please know that it is because I will be home alone studying like crazy or wallowing in self-pity and eating a tub of icecream while watching anime or something... hahaha I am so sad...

Love you guys~! I hope to update this weekend~!!