Ten

Speak To Me

Hakyeon’s relationship with Taekwoon becomes friendlier as weeks go by. And although to others it would seem just the same to how it was before, Taekwoon actually listens to him most of the time now, instead of blocking him out. They even start to study together after school, Hakyeon using any excuse to hang out with Taekwoon. And even though there relationship has changed, there is one thing that hasn’t; the amount Taekwoon talks.

Hakyeon has been attempting to learn the little subtleties in the way Taekwoon’s lips curve, or the way he angles his eyebrow. Slowly, but surely Hakyeon learns how Taekwoon speaks. And although it makes it easier to communicate with him, it doesn’t do anything for Hakyeon’s undying need to hear Taekwoon’s soft voice.

Soon enough the day of the field trip arrives, and Hakyeon finds himself squished next to Taekwoon on a bus on the way to an amusement park. Taekwoon has his headphones on and is listening to music, and Hakyeon somehow manages to find the courage to rest his head on Taekwoon’s should, pretending to sleep even though his heart is pounding and he is nowhere near tired.

Even though he didn’t show it, Taekwoon was happy. Over the few weeks since they had resolved their fight Hakyeon had been smiling more. Telling his terrible jokes and clinging to Taekwoon, which, much to Taekwoon’s surprise he didn’t hate all that much.

The ride to the amusement park was long for Hakyeon, who could hear his heart in his ears. For Taekwoon however, it wasn’t that bad at all, too absorbed in his music and the warmth at his side to even register the amount of time passing. When the bus came to a halt and the supervising teachers stated the rules one final time they both had to move apart from each other to leave the bus.

Taekwoon, although excited that they had finally arrived, was disappointed in the rush of cold air that came between him and Hakyeon as they separated. Hakyeon, on the other hand, was in a way, relieved that his heart had stopped beating in his ear, passing it off as nerves for what lay outside the bus. The way his stomach twisted when Taekwoon smiled at the theme park rides only added to his theory.

With no intention of waiting for any others, Hakyeon smiled at Taekwoon and grabbed his wrist.

“Let’s go on the merry-go-round!”

Hakyeon dragged them through the crowds, towards the old style merry-go-round. The merry-go-round holds several white horses and gold carriages, Hakyeon had plans of staying on or near it most of the day. But when Taekwoon gave him a bored look he knew that he was lucky to even get to go on it once.

Taekwoon sat on a horse with a blue saddle, looking at Hakyeon next to him on a pink saddle. He looked so happy to be on this ride. Even though it was slow and for kids scared of heights, Hakyeon seemed to be rather excited about it. The music started and they, as well as several younger children, started to go up and down on the horses as the merry-go-round started to turn slowly.

“Taekwoonie~!” Hakyeon said smiling and leaning over to the other, “Isn’t this fun? It’s great isn’t it?”

Deciding that it would be best to keep Hakyeon happy and entertained for the time being, and not to ruin his day any further than he probably already had with the previous look he had given, Taekwoon smiled softly and nodded at Hakyeon. It was the best he could do really. He did enjoy spending time with Hakyeon, but this wasn’t exactly what he had planned, but since Hakyeon was enjoying himself, Taekwoon was too.

That made Hakyeon smile wider, knowing that his friend was having fun even though he didn’t exactly want to do this first.

When the ride finished they wondered around for a bit, playing a few carnival games. Hakyeon winning a large stuffed animal after hooking the winning duck. Taekwoon ended up getting frustrated with it and instead won a minor prize, which consisted of a stick of gum.

“What should we do next Taekwoonie?” Hakyeon was looking around the park, picking out rides that he hoped Taekwoon didn’t want to go on. There was one in particular that Hakyeon saw that had him cringing.

The Drop.

It was a simple ride, one that held around six people at a time. It went up to such a height that you could probably see the entire car park and beyond once there. Then. Suddenly, when you weren’t sure it was going to happen, it would drop. Just let go of you and let you fall.

Hakyeon prayed inwardly that he wouldn’t have to go on that ride. But then, Taekwoon pointed to it, and he knew he was doomed.

 

A/N:: HIIIIIIIII~! sorry this chapter is so late, I had to finish an assessment and then the words just didn't wnat to flow right for this chapter.... I dunno what is happening... :( Ten chapters in and I am already suffering from writers block even though this chapter has been planned since the before I even started writing this story before I even published this... before a lot of things, back when I was like NEO IS REAL I NEED MORE yah yah yah... 

Aplologise again, I hope you enoyed it even though its really late...I shall be updating again in a few days with a second chapter to make up for it. 

Also, I am going to see BIGBANG in October~! I am so excited, if anyone is going to the Australia concerts let me know hopefully we can meet~! haha

LOVE YOU ALL <3 SORRY AGAIN