Eighteen

Speak To Me

The first person they tell about the change of relationship status is Gayeon, not even a day after their first kiss. Taekwoon doesn’t mind because he knows that Gayeon is open minded and won’t treat them any differently from before, but that doesn’t stop him from acting as though he is hurt. Hakyeon instantaneously attaches himself to Taekwoon’s side apologising profusely about how he should have asked if he was ready to reveal the truth or not. It is Gayeon who ruins it by breaking out in to laughter and telling Hakyeon he is already completely utterly whipped.

“I am not!” Hakyeon defends himself, looking at Taekwoon for back up only to find him hiding his laughter behind his hand. Hakyeon resigns immediately, knowing that there is no point in arguing with either of them.

“But you know Hakyeonie,” Gayeon says, “I’m happy for you. I was honestly starting to worry that you too would never get together.”

Her words make Taekwoon blush and Hakyeon giggles, hugging his boyfriend from behind.

Gayeon instructs the two to make themselves at home while she makes tea in order to prepare for all the details revolving around their new found relationship. Taekwoon doesn’t say much just blushes behind his hand or bends over his cup with extreme interest. Occasionally he hits Hakyeon’s arm when he is even more embarrassed about something the older says.

 

The two of them decide – after Hakyeon’s suggestion - that it would be in their best interest to spend as much time as they can together before Taekwoon had to return home. Taekwoon thought they would simply do what they normally did – which was nothing particularly special – but Hakyeon had different plans. He spent a few days curled up next to Taekwoon working out all the details, but once he had he dragged Taekwoon away, having planned nearly every minute of their remaining days together.

 

D-14

There was a fortnight until Taekwoon left and so, Hakyeon decided that their first – of many – dates would be at the cinema. Somewhere that Hakyeon knew Taekwoon would enjoy. They wouldn’t have to interact verbally and he knew that Takewoon would feel more comfortable having their first date ever. There was also the added bonus that it was similar to what they did when they just hung around the house.

Hakyeon didn’t have any particular movie in mind when they arrived at the cinema so he let Taekwoon chose, and to his surprise the younger chose a romantic comedy that had recently been released. Taekwoon had said the reasoning behind the choice was that his older sister had recommended it last time they spoke.

During the film, Hakyeon expected nothing of the cliché sort to occur between them. Meaning that he didn’t expect their hands to brush when they reached into the popcorn box at the same time, nor did he expect Taekwoon to lean on him or wrap an arm around his shoulder. He didn’t even expect to hold hands.

But, again, to his surprise, Taekwoon took some initiative. Taekwoon had leaned closer to Hakyeon around the half way point of the movie, it had taken Hakyeon by surprise. Especially when Taekwoon nuzzled into his neck while holding his hand and eating popcorn.

For a first date, Hakyeon was pretty impressed.

 

D-10

A few days later their plans involved going to the indoor waterslide and pool that was just a thirty five minute bus ride out of town. When first told of this plan, Taekwoon was quite apprehensive. It would be the first time he would see Hakyeon without a shirt on, the first time Hakyeon saw him without a shirt on… He didn’t know if he could handle that.

It wasn’t like it was anything overly ual… He just wasn’t prepared.

When they arrived at the pool all Taekwoon’s dissipated nerves at the sight of the waterslide. Hakyeon, however, gained them. As they had gotten changed, Hakyeon’s fear of heights grew until he was so nervous that he couldn’t even look at Taekwoon after would. Taekwoon pretended not to notice as he pulled Hakyeon up to the higher of the two water slides.

The line wasn’t very long and so it wasn’t long before Taekwoon got called to step in. When he stepped down into the wading pool before the slide he turned around and took Hakyeon’s hand pulling him into the wading pool.

The life guard blinked twice before instructing them how they needed to go down in pairs. Hakyeon needed to grip the handle bar while sitting down in the water, legs out in front, and Taekwoon had to sit behind him and grip his waist. When Hakyeon was ready he had let go and they both followed the twists and turns of the slide all the way down to the pool at the end. At which point they splashed in and forgot about their previous worries.

The two ended up going down the waterslide several more times before spending the rest of the afternoon splashing in the heated pool.

 

D-7

The two of them met at the bus stop again, this time Taekwoon having no clue where they were going, Hakyeon telling him only that he need to bring his wallet. Hakyeon had paid for their bus tickets, keeping the mystery alive for Taekwoon. Even when they got to the next town over Hakyeon had refused to let Taekwoon get any answers from him. It had made the younger slightly annoyed and at one point had jabbed Hakyeon in the ribs in attempt to get answers but Hakyeon stood strong and led the way.

When they had arrived Taekwoon had been confused, because why would they travel so far to go to a café. There were several around his Grandmother’s house alone, they didn’t need to travel so far for a coffee date. That was what he had thought until Hakyeon had pushed him inside and he saw the rows and rows of books that lined wall after wall. The only space not surrounded by books was the counter which held a coffee machine and till.

Taekwoon had embraced Hakyeon, whispering soft ‘thank you’s into the elders shoulder, before rushing off to find an interesting book to read. Hakyeon ordered their coffees and returned to Taekwoon who had found a seat on the floor already part the way through a novel.

Towards the end of the day, Taekwoon had read four novels, drank twice as many coffees and played with Hakyeon’s hair until he had fallen asleep on his shoulder with a half read book in his lap.

 

A/N:: And here we have Hakyeon and Taekwoon being a couple of cuties whilst dating. You're welcome. Haha
Thanks for all your love and continued support, I am pretty sure I reached 214 subs today and I am so proud of this fic for making it so far. I thank you guys so much for everything, I have something to brag about to my friends now. Please continue to support this until the end~! <3