Sixteen

Speak To Me

He was stupid.

He shouldn’t have mentioned it.

He should have just apologised.

He should have left it at friends.

He should have lied.

He should have just pretended.

He should never had made friends.

He should never had talked to him.

He should have avoided him.

He should have ignored him.

He should have made sure to keep to himself.

He should never come to this stupid town.

He should have just stayed in Seoul…

 

Hakyeon had never felt more like an idiot than he did right now. He felt so stupid for getting so caught up in Taekwoon, for being too darn happy to even believe it was real. The amount of times he had imagined Taekwoon actually saying those words had made it seem like an illusion. He was unsure that it was real until Taekwoon had left. If it was his imagination, if it was really an illusion, Taekwoon would never have left.

Everytime he thought about confessing, he would always seem Taekwoon smiling. The smile that he only offered to animals, the smile designated specially to puppies and kittens would finally be for him in his imagination. However, this time… this time he messed up.

If he had released that split second earlier, he would be kissing Taekwoon by now. He would have his arms around the others neck, his legs either side of the others. His dreams would have come true. If he had been a second earlier in responding.

Hakyeon ran out his bed room not even a minute after Taekwoon had left, but somehow, once outside the house, he had lost the younger. It didn’t really surprised Hakyeon that Taekwoon was fast. He already knew that. During several not so compulsory PE lessons Taekwoon had proven his strengths in most sports, quite easily leaving Hakyeon far behind him.

This time, unlike the many before, Hakyeon did not plan on giving up and letting Taekwoon win. Because Taekwoon wouldn’t be winning anything. He was wrong about everything. He was wrong to think that Hakyeon didn’t feel anything toward him. He was wrong to think that Hakyeon’s silence was negative.

Hakyeon ran faster, he needed to catch Taekwoon so he knew that.

 

He didn’t know exactly where he was meant to be running. Anywhere would do, really. He just wanted to escape. He wanted to hide. He felt like an idiot. His gut was twisting and turning and his eyes stung with lack of tears.

He wanted it to rain. To be honest, he felt like it should rain. He was in that kind of mood. But… If he were honest… he would probably feel worse if it did rain. He couldn’t cry and the rain would remind him of that.

If only he hadn’t cried for so long earlier. Then he might be able to cry about being rejected. Maybe.

Eventually his pace slowed. He was no longer running. His legs just wanted to give out. He wanted to kneel on the ground. He wanted to hug his legs and wait until it got dark. It seemed like a good plan. No one would question him because, as far as he could tell, he was close to the edge of town where it started turning into the country.

He looked around, double checking that everything would be okay. He didn’t know exactly where he was but that didn’t matter. If he didn’t know then no one else would and that, in a way, was a good thing. If no one knew where he was, no one would bother him.

His grandmother wouldn’t worry. She would think that he is with Hakyeon…

He wanted a shower.

He was all sweaty from running. His face was all puffy from crying. He was tired… He just wanted to have a shower and curl up in bed. But… Right now… Sitting with his knees to his chest on the side of the street with the sun setting slowly behind him… It was good enough for right now…

 

Hakyeon screamed Taekwoon’s name in the middle of the street, causing an elderly woman to look at him curiously. He didn’t care at all. He was worried. The sun was going down and he couldn’t find Taekwoon.

He knew that Taekwoon could take care of himself in the worst of situations. But, the look in his eyes when he dashed out of Hakyeon’s room… It worried him. That look showed that he wasn’t thinking straight. He could be anywhere by now and he didn’t have a clear mind.

Turning down a street he ran his hand through his hair. Hakyeon knew he messed up, but the later it got, the more places he searched, the worse he felt. Taekwoon could be in danger. Taekwoon could be getting kidnapped. Getting . He could be anywhere…

Or… Taekwoon could be sitting on the curb at the end of the street with his legs against his chest staring into space muttering to himself.

"Taekwoon!" He calls, running over with tears in his eyes.

 

A/N:: Day-One of holidays and I already have a chapter written for you guys, only took two hours. Haha... 
Look forward to the next one~!! I shall try to update every other weekday (weekends maybe) it just depends on my plans (I have a list of dramas I 9plan on watching and no one is going to stop me) But PopAsia has sort have become a ritual of a weekday evening. So yeah, I will try to update after that (8pm Australian Eastern Time - its nice to relax to while typing away). 

I'm sorry its sort of short but they might not be much longer than 900 words during this period. 

Until next time lovlies <3