Five

Speak To Me

Taekwoon couldn’t understand why he is being pursued so closely and he is never offered explanation by the darker boy when he talks. Taekwoon has come up with several theories that could explain why Hakyeon follows him and talks to him as much as he does.

The first is that Hakyeon has no friends. Although, the first day proved that this is an idiotic theory to have. And the rest of the class seem rather willing to talk with him and invite him out with them after school. So this theory is a bust.

Secondly, Taekwoon thought that Hakyeon just liked to hear his own voice. Yet, once again he was proven wrong. He was always asking questions, and waiting for a reply. And then Thursday lunch Hakyeon sat next to him and was quite after saying a few things about his day, although he had stared expectantly at Taekwoon the entire time.

This lead to the third conclusion, that Hakyeon was interested in Taekwoon for some reason. This was the only theory that couldn’t be proven nor disproven unless serious delving was to occur, and Taekwoon didn’t particularly wish to get overly involved with the older man. He was annoying enough. But he desperately wanted to know the truth behind his actions.

His grandmother had said that Hakyeon was just trying to make Taekwoon comfortable. No one else had made a move to speak to him so it seemed obvious to her that Hakyeon thought he was lonely.

Taekwoon had given his grandmother a look, insinuating that he wasn’t lonely; he wanted to be left alone. He wanted to do his work in peace like he did before.

“You know, not everyone understands silence Taekwoon. You will have to speak up sooner rather than later.” She sighed and decided to change the topic, “I have found you a new piano tutor. Please be nice and talk to her will you. I don’t know the first thing about pianos, but she was recommended to me.”

Taekwoon had nodded, “Thank you.”

They discussed it some more, in rather brief terms. He was to be picked up by his grandmother tomorrow after school and driven to the lesson. It wasn’t too far but his grandmother needed to know he would at least arrive to the first lesson without getting lost.

After they finished talking and cleaning they went their separate ways to bed.

 

The next day, Taekwoon makes his way through the cafeteria to acquire his lunch and, hopefully, eat in peace. He made his way down the line with a tray and simply pointed at what he wanted to eat – omurice with pork cutlets. After presenting a coupon, his food was placed on his tray, bowing politely he walked away, heading towards an empty table.

He was expecting Hakyeon, who normally arrived late due to his tidying of the classroom, to sit next to him any moment. But he didn’t arrive. Not even after the first ten minutes of lunch, which was usually how long it took him to arrive. Not that Taekwoon took note every time…

At first Taekwoon was disappointed that there was no one to talk to, but once he shook away the weird feeling he was quite happy. It meant that he could enjoy his food rather than shove it down his throat with haste to get away. He could sit in peace and enjoy his book when he finished. He savoured every bite until he was finished his meal, at which point he pulled out a new novel, having already finished the previous, and started reading.

Taekwoon was barely a page in when Hakyeon’s voice interrupted his peace.

“Sorry I took so long Taekwoonie.” He said, setting his tray of food down next to Taekwoon, “I had to talk with the teachers about the upcoming field trip for seniors.”

He didn’t wait for a response from the younger, nor did he care about etiquette as he started eating and talking at the same time. At least he held is hand in front of his mouth, Taekwoon thought, pretending not to listen to the class president, face hidden behind the pages of his novel.

“We are going to a theme park. I heard that they recently opened up all these rollercoaster like rides… It should be fun! We should go together Taekwoonie!”Hakyeon jumped up from his seat. “I should put our names down together so we can be buddies! And considering we are the youngest in the class it makes even more sense!”

Taekwoon felt that he should say something to stop Hakyeon, and looked over his book, glaring slightly, but at the same time there was a smile hidden there. Excitement was running through his veins but he couldn’t let Hakyeon know that, he couldn’t give Hakyeon another reason to shout…

“It’s settled then Taekwoonie! We shall be buddies and we shall go on all the rides you want.”

The rest of lunch consisted of Hakyeon explaining the types of rides this theme park consisted of, and for once, Taekwoon didn’t run back to the classroom. He didn’t even turn the page of his book, instead he sat there listening, pretending to be disinterested.

Hakyeon felt that he had finally made progress in getting to open up Jung Taekwoon, and he had a feeling that the field trip would have Taekwoon finally talking.

 

A/N:: Apologise for thischapter being so late, I thought that I had finished it but hadn't and then got too caught up in other things to finish it. But it is here now. I shall try to update again soon in order to make up for this lateness, if not expect a double update next weekend (I promise i will make time for it!) Thank you to all the new subscribers and don't hesitate to comment~! <3