Chapter Six

1448 Hours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N

I'll edit this later... Hope you're all ready for the big surprise coming up. Much love to y'all for all the subs, comments and upvotes, and love on twitter too.

 

 

 

 

Before I fall too fast
Kiss me quick but make it last
So I can see how badly this will hurt me when you say goodbye

“Where’s the narcissistic Seulgi I know? Where’s my douchebag of a friend?” Joy was sitting on the floor, between Seulgi’s couch and coffee table. Her elbow rested on the coffee table in front of her, propping her head up.

“What’s that supposed to mean? Seulgi glared at Joy. She was sitting across from her, fried chicken in hand, and half-eaten.

“You’re a mushy, lovestruck little prick,” Joy waved around her chicken leg in the air.

“No I’m not. I’m still a sarcastic douchebag,” Seulgi said after swallowing a bite of chicken as if being a douchebag was something to be proud of.

“Look Seul,” Joy put down her chicken wing and looked at Seulgi seriously, something that was rare, Seulgi felt a little worried, “I’m just worried for you.”

Seulgi just looked at Joy with a blank face and Joy knew Seulgi was trying to figure this out.

“What I’m trying to say is, I don’t want you to regret getting so caught up on her,” Joy gave Seulgi a look, and Seulgi knew she was in trouble. Joy was the only one who could smack some sense into Seulgi after all.

“You’ve known Wendy for what? Almost three weeks. Look at you, you’re already so thirsty for her. You-“

“No I’m not!” Seulgi interrupted Joy. Her friend only raised an eyebrow and gave her a look that screamed, ‘Really?’

Seulgi only looked away from Joy because as much as she hated to admit it, Joy had a point.

“How much do you even know about each other?” Joy started at her chicken wing again.

“A lot actually,” Seulgi wasn’t lying, ever since the coffee date they spent time together in each other’s arts rooms on the daily. “We hang out a lot.”

Joy then had that stupid smile that Seulgi wanted to scrape of her face.

“It was my coffee date idea, wasn’t it?” Joy was aware she was going to drive Seulgi insane.

“Shut up,”

“So it was!” Joy’s laughter filled up the room.

“I hate you,”

“You are so welcome, because of me, you’re going to get laid guaranteed!” Joy said as she took another chicken wing from the box in front of them.

“Holy crap Joy, shut up!” Seulgi couldn’t hold in her laughter either when she threw a pillow at Joy.

She was glad she had Joy.

---

Keep it sweet, keep it slow
Let the future pass and don't let go
But tonight I could fall too soon under this beautiful moonlight

Seulgi was painting, for leisure, all her other assignments were all done.

Sometimes painting was dangerous for Seulgi. Whenever she painted, she was left alone in her thoughts and her mind liked to wander all the parts of her that was abandoned; waiting. Seulgi always ended up in pain.

This time was no different.

And she hated herself for thinking that her feelings for Wendy might all just be her crazy hormones. She hated herself for thinking that Wendy was probably just another girl and she probably wouldn’t come back after she went back to Canada. She hated herself for thinking whatever she had with Wendy wasn’t meant to last. She hated herself for thinking that Wendy wouldn’t be important in a couple weeks. She hated herself for thinking that Wendy wasn’t even going to be relevant to her by the start of her next school year. She hated herself for doubting Wendy.

She hated herself.

 But Seulgi was stubborn and she fought with herself. She told herself, it isn’t the quantity of time you have with a person, it’s the quality. That time wasn’t a measure of feelings and Wendy certainly made her feel something. She told herself that Wendy made things feel right. She told herself Wendy made things bearable. She told herself that all this was worth it. She told herself that Canada was only halfway around the world and that it wasn’t that much of a stretch. She told herself that Wendy was so important and she would continue to be.

She told herself Wendy was worth it.

Seulgi wanted to agree with that part of her mind because Wendy was just ing perfect and made things different.

And everything Seulgi did or thought always ended up at Wendy and Seulgi didn’t know if that should terrify her or not.

Seulgi was having a mental breakdown and all she was right now was conflicted.

She really hated herself.

But when someone knocked on her door, and when Seulgi was met with bright eyes when she opened the door, the hurt faded away and the confliction didn’t exist.

Because Seulgi thought if someone as unreal as Wendy liked her, she couldn’t be so bad.

But you're so hypnotizing
You've got me laughing while I sing
You've got me smilin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter