Chapter Thirteen

1448 Hours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

“I know that look Seulgi,” Wendy gave her a smile, a slightly amused glint in her eye.

“What look?” Seulgi couldn’t hide her smile, the type of smile that her eyes and nose scrunched up and her cheeks would hurt.

“That look, you’re falling in love Seulgi,” Wendy’s smile was just as bright and it was intoxicating.

“And?” Seulgi’s cheekbones were starting to hurt from smiling too much, she didn’t really mind though.

“You’re going to be a lovestruck fool,” Wendy let out a small laugh.

“So are you,”

---

Seulgi looked at herself in the mirror.

It was weird, to see herself like this. She hadn’t really looked at her reflection in the mirror for more than a month now. She always saw her reflection in her eyes instead.

In her eyes, Seulgi saw herself smiling.

Bright and warm, her eyes full of wonder.

She would see her own eyes in that reflection and they were uplifting and had hope for a future she was impatient for.

But besides her own reflection, she saw what infinity looked like in someone’s eyes.

She saw untold stories, each one accompanied by stars and planets and comets.

Seulgi tried to find and count each one, tried to listen to each story.

But she only lost count because every time she lost count and found constellations instead.

She saw love in those eyes.

But she also saw desperation.

The owner of those eyes never admitted it, but Seulgi knew.

The owner of those eyes was scared too, that everything was going to disappear.

That everything they ever felt when they were with each other would become memories that they would store away in their minds, never to be replayed again.

That everything they built up would be abandoned and left in the dust, slowly crumbling, and they would feel it slowly deteriorate as it slowly did the same to them.

That everything they ever said to each other would become empty words that would mean nothing in the short time of a year, or they may be forgotten.

That everything would soon become nothing and the two would move on, labeling the other as just a phase, or a mistake, or a silly fling.

That all the ‘I love you’s they ever let spill from their lips would only silently echo and never reach the other ever again.

Seulgi wondered if there would be a day when she would wake up, and the one in her arms wouldn’t be her, and she would smile at whoever was in her arms, thinking her heart only beat for them. Maybe she would paint for them, and smile with them and see her reflection full and bright in their eyes, and that person wouldn’t be her.

She would kiss that person like it was the last time every time, and hold them like she’s all they’ve ever needed. She would tell them “I love you,” and mean it, and feel light as she did it. Seulgi would take them to Seoul Tower, and the people around her would see that she was hopelessly in love and it would be a beautiful sight.  Seulgi might look at someone one day and she would feel her feelings get caught in , because looking at the person she would love would overwhelm her. Seulgi would know they were the one, and it wouldn’t be her.

It wouldn’t be Wendy.

There might come a day where Seulgi wouldn’t even think about Wendy.

She wouldn’t think about the day coffee stopped running through her veins to keep her awake because the feelings that rushed through her when she was with Wendy replaced them instead. The day she asked and went for coffee with Wendy would become a memory, slowly losing its colour, then soon completely forgotten. Seoul Tower would just be a structure she would pass by on her way to the art gallery she would submit her art to, that art gallery where her lips were captured and her heart was taken away from her. Soon the way Wendy held her hand would just be skin against skin, nothing more and nothing less. No feeling would be attached to it. One day Seulgi might let those days with Wendy slip by her mind and she would find words to describe it with because there might be a time where Seulgi would be able to put words onto Wendy. And the feeling of Wendy’s lips on hers would be erased from her mind, never feeling her heart pump faster at just t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter