Chapter Two

1448 Hours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy’s ears were filled with chatter and music. She liked it, not a crowded place, but the sounds; the sounds of indistinct chatter and enjoyment. Wendy was really sentimental. An old soul so they say.

Her college was having a huge music fair, and apparently it was a really big thing. It must’ve been because Wendy could tell a lot of money was put in. There was also a big performance at the end, what would a music fair be without some kind of performance? She recalled a friend of hers mentioned that it was actually pretty good. It was too bad Wendy transferred to the college too late to sign up, she would’ve liked it.

“You liking the school yet?” someone walked up to Wendy.

“Hello to you too Joohyun,” Wendy smiled, “And yeah, the school is good,” Wendy simply shrugged her shoulders. She couldn’t really say anything else; going to this fair was probably the longest she’s been out of her practice room, besides going back to her dorm to sleep.

“I told you to call me Irene,” Irene looked at Wendy with a fake hurt look, “Anyway, what’s with the lack of enthusiasm?” Irene asked as the two started to walk through the pathway that was lined with little stands and games.

“I mean its okay and all. There’s not much to see so far, but my visual arts major blasts her music way too loud and it’s damned annoying,” Wendy said, slightly annoyed at the thought of the loud music. (Not her neighbour though).

“You’ll get through it Seungwan,” Irene smiled at the girl. Wendy was really grateful for Irene, even if sometimes Irene made her feel like the ugly friend. Seriously, Wendy just couldn’t get how someone could be virtually perfect looks wise. Irene must’ve had it easy, but then Wendy remembered Irene was more than just a nice smile and perfection was overrated and knew better.

“How many times have I told you to call me Wendy?” Wendy elbowed the girl.

“Once you start calling me Irene you ,” Irene glared at Wendy. Wendy wanted to laugh because Irene was too cute to look intimidating. Wendy knew better not to laugh though, or else Irene would’ve hit her.

She laughed anyway, and laughed harder when she got hit.

“What time is it?” Irene suddenly asked. Wendy looked at her wrist watch.

“5:43, why?”

“The performance I told you about is starting soon,” Irene started to pick up her pace, and Wendy could only follow suit because out of the entire week that Wendy’s been in Korea, she’s never bothered to explore.

“I’m friends with a five-year-old child stuck in a twenty-five-year old’s body,” Wendy mentally rolled her eyes after Irene told her to hurry up. What an impatient child.  Wendy only laughed a little more when Irene ended up dragging her to the performance.

Yeah, Wendy was really grateful for a friend like Irene.

---

Wendy liked the performance and Irene loved it. Wendy may have gotten some laughs out of the comedy act, but Irene was crying from laughing so hard, and all she heard was some lame pun. Wendy just wished the performance was indoors and the audience had some chairs, Wendy’s legs were starting to hurt.

Then her neighbou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter