Chapter Ten

1448 Hours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N

Why are the products of late nights, mixed with soft, acousitc songs always so fluffy and cheesy, and deep?

 

 

 

 

 

Wise men say
Only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you

“The snarky girl, Seulgi, famous for practically never leaving and blasting music shamelessly from the confinements of her art room, now totally smitten over a girl who travelled miles around the world just to play some music. Now her art room is either occupied with her and the girl with the smile she can never get over, or it’s completely empty as Seulgi is now probably taking out her crush on a little date,” Seulgi heard Joy’s voice practically dripping with satire from her phone on speaker, just a couple feet away from her.

“Shut up Joy,” She said.

“Hey, I’m just writing a short story for an assignment,” Joy joked, “If I change up the names, I could totally hand it in,”

“Don’t you dare Sooyoung,” Seulgi said again, hands busy and covered in paint from working on a painting, “And for your information, Wendy isn’t here, and I was playing music before you called me,” she scoffed.

“Were you playing one of Wendy’s covers?” Joy’s voice obviously drenched in a tone that said ‘you-are-so-whipped-and-it-is-so-obvious.’

Joy laughed when Seulgi didn’t answer, “You are so whipped Seulgi,” Joy’s laughter slowly calming down, “I’ve never seen you like this before,”

“So what if I’m in love?” Seulgi muttered, instantly regretting saying it out loud when Joy started squealing on the other end of the phone.

“Oh my god, this is too cheesy, I can’t believe it, the Kang Seulgi, fawning over a girl that melts her heart,” Joy teased, “That’s how it goes in the movies, right?”

“So, I heard you got laid,” Joy suddenly brought up and laughed when she heard Seulgi suddenly coughing at how blunt she was.

“Who told you that?” Seulgi asked frantically, reaching for her water bottle nearby.

“Wendy told me,”

It took Seulgi all of her might not to spit her water out.

“You’re welcome by the way. If I didn’t manage to convince you to ask her out for some damn coffee, you wouldn’t be here,” Joy’s tone settled down.

“Thanks Sooyoung, I mean it,” Seulgi said quietly, genuinely meaning it.

“It’s only 1 PM Seulgi, let’s not get all mushy and start tearing up at our heart-warming friendship,” Joy lightened up the mood, “Now I’m going to go out for lunch, Irene unnie needs help with a paper or something, she promised to buy me pizza if I do!”

And just like that, Seulgi was left shaking her head with a smile on her face as she expected no less from her best friend.

She was glad there was someone like Joy to keep up with her.

And Seulgi didn’t even realize how her painting suddenly became clashing hues of yellows and greens, but it worked.

It balanced each other out.

Kind of like her and her best friend that was only an inch or two taller than her, but still called her a midget nonetheless.

But Seulgi only laughed and continued to make another painting because Joy was right, it was only 1 PM, they could get mushy and teary-eyed over their friendship in the later hours of the day.

---

Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?
 

“Are you good at folding paper?”

Seulgi jumped at the voice as she looked up from her stool only to see Wendy, who had just barged into her art room, a stack full of papers in her arms.

“What are you doing-“

“Are you good at folding paper?” Wendy repeated again, closing the door to Seulgi’s art room after walking in.

“Uh… I guess, I mean, if I-“

“Good! Let’s start making paper airplanes then!” Wendy said, very energetically, putting the huge stack of papers on the coffee table.

“Wait, why?” Seulgi looked at Wendy weirdly, not sure as to why Wendy was even more bubbly than usual, “What are you planning?” Seulgi asked suspiciously as she carefully took a seat in front of the coffee table on the floor, beside Wendy.

“I can’t tell you, it’d ruin the surprise,” Wendy replied, taking a sheet of paper, and grabbing another one, handing it to Seulgi.

“What exactly are we doing with all these papers?” Seulgi asked, looking at the blank sheet in her hands, deciding not to bother with Wendy’s antics. Seulgi was well aware every idea and action Wendy performed, only made her fall in love even more with the latter.

Ugh, Seulgi was so whipped… How gross.

Or, that’s how Joy would phrase it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter