Chapters Five

1448 Hours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Didn't take much more than your name
Didn't take much to light this flame
And now, I'm not sure how I'll ever be the same

There were two plates, covered in traces of whipped cream and syrup on the table Seulgi and Wendy were sitting at.

Seulgi felt livid and really frustrated just looking at Wendy because that’s all she was doing, looking, and she already wanted Wendy. She wanted to be able to hold her and she wanted to be able to be the reason behind her smiles because godammit, Wendy’s smile put the term ‘heaven-sent’ to shame.

Seulgi felt really stupid too. She grew up drowning herself in art and studying colors, but Seulgi saw countless colors she couldn’t name and colors she’s never seen before when she was with Wendy.

It frustrated her even more because all Wendy had to do was laugh, or smile, or sing, or look her in the eye, or whatever she wanted to do and Seulgi saw colors, but she didn’t know why.

She didn’t want to label that feeling yet.

And somehow, Seulgi didn’t mind that or any of it at all because , Wendy was Wendy and that was so much more than enough for Seulgi.

Seulgi’s mind caught on wildfire every time she thought about Wendy, (which was a lot), because she knew Wendy was beautiful, but Wendy was also human, which meant she had a soul. Seulgi knew Wendy’s soul was something so different. A soul so intangible and that meant even Seulgi couldn’t call it hers, but she wanted to anyway.

But Seulgi only pushed away the thoughts because she’s only known the girl in front of her for two weeks. So Seulgi blamed her ‘illogical’ thinking on her abundance of caffeine, or sugar, or overload of work, of just anything because falling in love just wasn’t healthy right now and Wendy was just another girl.

At least that’s what Seulgi wanted to think.

But when Seulgi was walking with Wendy to the bubble tea shop, she saw the sun’s rays hit Wendy and it shone through the latter’s hair, Seulgi knew something was happening to her, and it wasn't because of an abundance of caffeine or anything. Then suddenly, the world was bright and Seulgi wasn’t sure if it was because of the sun’s rays or Wendy’s smile. She told herself it was the sun’s rays, but Seulgi wasn’t that stubborn and she knew better. And even though Seulgi used to read the dictionary for fun when she was younger, she didn’t have the words to put on Wendy.

The way that you smiled the night we met
Dying to feel that feeling once again
And I know I'm in trouble over you

“We should go to an art gallery,” Wendy broke Seulgi’s thinking like she always did.

Art galleries, to Seulgi, were more for researching than entertainment. They gave her an idea of what exhibits were like and what pieces of art make the cut to be displayed, and which don’t.

“Why?” Seulgi looked at Wendy. To Seulgi, walking around here was second nature, if she remembered correctly, in 33 steps they would arrive at the bubble tea shop. Then Seulgi remembered she only really liked one flavour from that shop. All the other flavours were too bland or just disgusting. Who even made vegetable flavoured bubble tea?

Why was Seulgi even taking Wendy there?

“Because I wanna see what you see,” and it was when Wendy said that Seulgi took a moment to realize what was going on. Her hands were intertwined with Wendy’s and Seulgi recalled that it was Wendy who initiated it. Seulgi never really noticed when it happened because it felt like it was second nature, that their hands intertwined were an instinct.

Like Wendy’s hands was meant to be in Seulgi’s.

“Then we should go to a musical so I can see what you see,” Seulgi glanced at Wendy.

“You sure you want to see what I see?” Wendy laughed a little.

“Don’t tell me you had some tragic teenage backstory and it still scars you,” Seulgi joked.

“Dear God no, nothing of the sort,” Wendy laughed. Seulgi wondered if Wendy ever not smiled.

She probably did, and Seulgi knew that.

“I was just trying to sound cool and mysterious,” Wendy had that dorky smile again. Seulgi could only laugh, not knowing she left the other girl breathless, because Wendy, like Seulgi, heard melodies she’s never heard before when she was with Seulgi.

I think I need help, I'm falling
Help, I've fallen and I can't get up
Well I can't get up or

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter