Chapter Nineteen

1448 Hours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cold bones. Yeah, that's my love

She hides away, like a ghost

 

Does she know that we bleed the same?

Don't wanna cry but I break that way

 

Wendy didn’t know why she was where she was. There was no point in being where she was. All chances were lost for her and she knew that.

What she did know was that it didn’t matter what chances she had left. Wendy just knew that she had to see Seulgi before it was too late.

She continued to pace in front of the door to an apartment.

“If Irene gave me the wrong address, I’m going to hurt her,” Wendy mumbled before sighing. She looked down, afraid of what could meet her once the door opens, and knocked.

“Hey,”

Wendy looked up, realizing that it wasn’t Seulgi’s voice she was hearing greet her. It was her fiancé.

Great.

“Hey,” Wendy managed to say, “Is Seulgi here, I just need to—“

“Jaehwan,” Wendy heard Seulgi’s voice from the inside of what seemed to be their shared apartment and the sound of footsteps approaching. “Who’s at the—“

“Oh,”

Wendy tried not to feel offended at Seulgi’s less than warm welcome. It was understandable. It wasn’t every day the girl she actually loved and her fiancé were in the same vicinity.

“Wendy, what are you doing here?” Seulgi put on a cheery tone. It went unnoticed by Jaehwan.

“I just wanted to drop by and—“

“I’m very busy, if you can come back later…” Seulgi let the sentence fade, hoping Wendy would understand to come back later that night. As much as Seulgi wanted to be with her, Wendy had some really bad timing.

“Wait,” Jaehwan interrupted the awkward situation, oblivious to what was happening to his fiancée and Wendy, “Seulgi is having a last minute fitting for her wedding dress,”

Right… she’s getting married…

“You can help her and give her a second opinion. I was about to leave because, you know, we can’t have the soon-to-be husband see his soon-to-be wife in her dress before the big day, that’s bad luck,” Jaehwan put on a bright smile.

Jaehwan really wasn’t helping the two girls. Everything that came out of his mouth just reminded Seulgi and Wendy that what they had was a lost cause.

Seulgi’s mind went on overdrive, “Oh no, that’s fine, we wouldn’t want to put Wendy through that,” She really didn’t want to put Wendy through all that. The two were suffering enough and the last thing they needed was to have to prepare for a wedding that wasn’t for the both of them.

“Oh c’mon, it’d be a great way for you two to catch up,” Jaehwan lightly nudged Seulgi, genuinely thinking he was helping his fiancé mend an old friendship, “You know what? You can be a bridesmaid!”

“Pardon?” Seulgi and Wendy’s eyes went wide.

“We have an extra dress, don’t you, honey?”

Wendy cringed hearing the pet name.

It didn’t feel right. He just didn’t feel right. Wendy knew this wasn’t the person Seulgi should be marrying.

And she knew Seulgi knew that too.

“Jaehwan, I think we’re fine—“

“I’d be happy to,”

Seulgi’s jaw dropped at Wendy’s answer.

 

---

Cold sheets. Oh, where's my love?

I am searching high, I'm searching low in the night

 

Does she know that we bleed the same?

Don't wanna cry but I break that way

 

“Seungwan,” Seulgi called out Wendy’s name from the washroom of her apartment.

She managed to buy one once her exhibition hit it big.

She didn’t wait from a reply from Wendy. She knew she didn’t need to because the other girl was probably too focused on struggling with her own dress.

“You don’t have to do this,” Seulgi felt her heart sinking further and further down as the seconds went by, “I don’t want to put you through this,” She said as she looked at herself in the mirror.

Seulgi had finished putting on her wedding dress.

The dress for the wedding she was going to be the main character of.

The wedding that was in less than a week.

The wedding that would tie her and Jaehwan together.

The wedding Wendy would have to sit through.

The wedding Seulgi would have to endure.

Seulgi didn’t want this, but what was she supposed to do?

Seulgi took one last look at herself. This was supposed to be for Seungwan…

“Really, putting you through this would just—“ Seulgi stopped talking after she opened the door and her eyes landed on Wendy.

“You look…” Seulgi couldn’t speak.

Here was Wendy, smiling warmly at her like nothing was wrong, like nothing was wrong with them, the world, or anyone around them. Here was Wendy, standing right in front of Seulgi, breaking her heart because she was right there, but they both knew she was going to leave all over again. Here was Wendy, in a dress that she would wear to the wedding of the girl she loved and lost. Here Wendy was, beautiful in Seulgi’s eyes and not disappearing.

And for one second, everything was okay. Seulgi didn’t feel bad for falling a little deeper in love. Seulgi let her heart race as she took the sight of Wendy in. Seulgi told herself that the woman standing right in front of her was the one she wanted to be with. Seulgi wasn’t anyone’s fiancé, she was just hers.

For one second, nothing was wrong.

“Wow…” Wendy, also just as speechless, took the sight of Seulgi in her dress in.

It should’ve been her…

“It could’ve been us,” Wendy gave Seulgi a sad smile. She saw Seulgi’s expression turn sad and she knew this wasn’t going to go well.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter