Chapter Three

1448 Hours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I promise that one day I'll be around
I'll keep you safe
I'll keep you sound

---

“Maybe you should get a coffee with her or something,”

Seulgi rolled her eyes at the suggestion.

“Just coffee?” Seulgi questioned the girl she was talking to over her cellphone. Seulgi was currently organizing all her loose papers and she knew she had stacks worth, so her phone was across the room, on speaker.

“Someone’s impatient,”

“Shut up Joy”

“How could you not get her coffee? It’s so basic it’s genius,” Joy reasoned with Seulgi.

Seulgi only stayed silent.

“Listen Seulgi, from what you told me about this Wendy girl, she’d probably go for a coffee more than a fancy restaurant and screw you right after,” Joy wanted to slap Seulgi in the face.

“I hate you,” Seulgi said in the direction of her phone. It was something she said to Joy when she knew her friend was right.

“Thanks,” Seulgi could practically see Joy’s smile on her face.

“I have to go,” Seulgi stopped organizing her papers and walked over to her phone.

“What? Going to get some coffee?” Seulgi heard the ‘I-told-you-so’ tone in Joy’s voice and it pissed her off.

“Shut up,” Seulgi said, unaware of the smile on her face, before hanging up.

Joy couldn’t be a better best friend for Seulgi.

---

I promise that one day I'll be around
I'll keep you safe
I'll keep you sound

Seulgi couldn’t do much about her outfit, black jeans, black tank top, and a jean cardigan in all its glory. So she figured the least she could do was put her hair into a messy bun because only she knew even that would look better than her bedhead-looking hair.

When Seulgi went over to invite Wendy on a little coffee date, she was not mentally prepared for what she saw.

When the door opened, Seulgi saw Wendy in just a tank top and short-shorts and to Seulgi, the amount of skin that was exposed was unholy.

"Want to get some coffee?” Seulgi said rashly, a breath stuck in , without giving Wendy a chance to even say hi. She wanted to get straight to the point before she got anymore distracted.

“Yeah sure,” Wendy laughed a little noticing Seulgi’s awkward behaviour, “Let me just…” Wendy said as her gaze averted from Seulgi as she went back into her practice room for a split second.

“Okay, now we can go,” Wendy re-appeared in front of Seulgi, this time wearing a green flannel on top of her tank top.

Seulgi mentally sighed of relief.

“You know your around the school campus, right?” Seulgi asked as the two started to walk through the empty hallway.

“Nope, not a chance,” Wendy shrugged her shoulders.

“Good, because the café here and I’m taking you outside of campus,” Seulgi laughed a little.

“But I heard the café on campus was free,”

“Exactly,” Seulgi really wanted to take Wendy out somewhere a little nicer, but since coffee seemed to be a good choice, might as well get her some good coffee. Not some ty cafeteria coffee.

“How far is it?” Wendy asked as they neared the college’s exit. Seulgi noticed Wendy’s arms swung back and forth as she walked. What a cute kid.

“Just across the street,” Seulgi pointed at the café right in front of the crosswalk they were about to cross.

They crossed the road in silence and Seulgi opened the door for Wendy as they entered the café.

Hey
I know there are some things we need to talk about

“Wow, this place looks new,” Wendy said as her eyes wandered the place. She looked at the walls that alternated between dark grey and black and how they had little doodles on them. She saw the sleek, white tables and beige, wooden chairs, and thought this place was a good rest place for Seulgi. Considering Seulgi spent most of her hours creating and examining art, and assuming she took it extremely seriously, this place was easy on the eyes for Seulgi.

“Two chocolate milkshakes, two vanilla lattes and two expressos please,” Wendy snapped out of her thoughts when she heard Seulgi order.

“You’re ordering all that?” Wendy stared wide

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter