Chapter Four

1448 Hours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Take time to realize,
That your warmth is crashing down on in

---

“Have you ever had another hobby besides your art?” Wendy said as she sat down on Seulgi’s couch, inside her art room, feet propped up on the coffee table. It was probably her fifth time there this week.

“Back in high school I did,” Seulgi answered, eyes not ripping away fro the sketch she was working on, as she sat on a swivel chair, in front of her desk.

“Seriously?”

“Yeah,” Seulgi swiveled her chair and looked at Wendy, who was busy looking through Seulgi’s notebooks of sketches. “I used to dance,”

“You?” Wendy looked up from the notebooks and looked back at Seulgi.

“Why do you seem so shocked?” Seulgi asked genuinely. It’s never been a big deal for her before.

“I don’t know, you just come across as someone who has two left feet to me,” Wendy shrugged her shoulders.

“I do?”

“Yeah, you just do,”

“But I was really good at dancing,” Seulgi’s bottom lip jutted out, causing her to pout.

Wendy only laughed.

“You’re unbelievable,” Wendy smiled as she shook her head and started to go through the notebooks again.

“Good way or a bad way?” Seulgi asked as she became focused on her sketch again.

“You choose,”

“No, I want you to tell me so I can be sure,”

“Why?” Wendy looked at the next notebook.

“So I can be sure the girl I like thinks I’m unbelievable in a good way,” Seulgi heard the pages of the notebook stop turning for a second or two after she said that. A slight smile appeared on her face.

“Good way,” she heard Wendy say.

Silence engulfed them again and it felt pretty damn nice to Seulgi. She liked the fact that a silence shared with Wendy, and all of her entirety, was more than enough. Even a silence with Wendy felt pretty damn great compared to their pointless flirting when they first met.

But that was little over a week ago and that meant one of Wendy’s precious weekends in Korea had already passed.

Then suddenly Seulgi started to feel sad because what would happen to her if Wendy never came back from Canada? Seulgi knew it wouldn’t kill her. Wendy couldn’t kill her, not just yet. She’d keep on living without Wendy. It’s what could happen of Wendy did come back to Korea that bothered her. If Wendy came back, she would have a totally different life in store for her. It’s not like she wouldn’t have a life without Wendy, Seulgi was so aware of that, it’s just that- well it’s Wendy; a life with Wendy. The weight of the words alone felt different. Wendy made everything different.

Take time to realize,
That I am on your side.
Didn't I, didn't I tell you?

“Are you okay?” Seulgi jerked her head to the person who asked her.

“Huh?” Seulgi didn’t even realize how hard she was putting her pencil to the paper. Her sketch was ruined.

“You suddenly seemed a little out of it,” Wendy’s voice was laced with worry and her eyes covered with concern.

Seulgi’s empty feeling faded back into the depths of her mind when she looked at Wendy.

“Yeah, I am now,” And Seulgi meant it.

---

 

But I can't spell it out for you
No, it's never gonna be that simple
No, I can't spell it out for you

The next morning Seulgi was standing in front of the door to Wendy’s dorm room. She had a huge backpack on her back. It was finally Saturday, and Seulgi intended to make her first weekend with Wendy a good one.

Seulgi checked her wrist watch.

8:45 AM

She knocked on the door.

The door opened and Seulgi was a little confused when the person who didn’t answer wasn’t Wendy. Suddenly Seulgi’s mind went into overdrive and thousands of different thoughts scrambled in her head.

“Can I help you?” The girl who answered the door broke Seulgi’s train of thought. Her stare was intimidating, not because it was cold, but because this girl was extremely pretty. Seulgi felt pretty ty as a person and this girl validated it.

“Oh, is Wendy there?” Seulgi felt really awkward. What if Wendy had this girl as her girlfriend? Her looks were pretty damn good, and her hair seemed really healthy. Seulgi looked like a mess compared to this girl. Seulgi found herself looking like a mess a lot lately.

Wait, backtrack.

Was Wendy even gay?

“Let her in Joohyun, don’t be mean,” Seulgi heard Wendy’s voice from inside the dorm room. Seulgi felt like a huge weight of awkwardness had been lifted from her shoulders.

“You’re Seulgi, right?” The girl who opened the door stared heavily at Seulgi.

“Yeah, that’s me,” Seulgi awkwardly put her hands in her pockets again, avoiding this so called Jooh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter