Chapter Sixteen

1448 Hours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Life it's hard, I know

 All your lights are red, but I'm green to go

 Used to see you high, now you're only low

 All your lights are red but I'm green to go

A wrong note echoed and bounced off the walls of Wendy’s house.

The girl lowered her head as she closed her eyes and tried to push away all thoughts of warm lips and secure hands.

She let her fingers press the keys of her piano once again, trying her best to bury away the girl she left about a month ago now.

But memories that were burned into her, tracing her entirety, were far too clear.

They were of everything she left behind, everything that she was trying to bury away.

Tears started to form in Wendy’s eyes, threatening to fall as she forced her hands to continue the sad melody, hoping she wouldn’t have to go through this again.

Wendy remembered what she left behind, from loud laughter to hushed voices.

She remembered the soft glow her face would give off when the moonlight hit her, along with all their other unsaid ‘I love you’s and ‘I don’t want to leave you’s.

“You’re falling in love Seulgi…”

“So are you…”

And then tears hit the keys of her piano, playing a silent melody far different than the one her fingers did.

It was one made up of her.

Her, whose smiles were measured in suns and eyes measured in stars.

Her, whose laughter was measured in nebulas and smiles in shooting comets.

Her, who gave her music through intertwined fingers and adventures.

Her, who was now left behind.

The melody being far too sad, and desperate for Wendy to keep on playing, she got up and walked across the room.

She glanced at her phone.

There was at least fourteen more missed calls from her.

Her, who she never wanted to leave behind.

---

I want you

 I'll colour me blue

 Anything it takes to make you stay

 Only seeing myself

 When I'm looking up at you

 

“Seulgi…”

“Hm?” Seulgi acknowledged her friend’s presence as the two of them were in Seulgi’s art room, Seulgi painting, the other just watching her.

“It’s been over a month now, you know that right?”

There was a knocking at Seulgi’s heart.

She refused to let it in.

“Your point Joy?”

She stayed cold as she continued to rapidly paint, refusing to let anything to kill her vibe.

“Seulgi… Do you even know if she’s—” Joy sighed, “If she’s coming back?” She caught Seulgi’s split second of stopping what she was doing, then only inwardly sighed when the girl kept painting, ignoring what she said.

“Look up,”

Joy reluctantly did as told, and right above her was a paper airplane, hanging from the ceiling. “And that would be?”

“The only thing keeping me going,” Seulgi bluntly said, not feeling bad that she was replying dryly, Joy was used to this.

The knocking became even louder.

She refused to let it in.

She wasn’t ready yet.

Joy looked closely at the paper airplane, then she saw what was written on it and sighed once more.

“I promise, huh?” Joy understood then, “Looks like I really can’t convince you to change your mind anymore,”

Seulgi stopped her painting and took a folded envelope out of her pocket and just handed it out for Joy to read.

“Seulgi… Are you sure you want to do this?” Joy looked up both shocked and worried for her friend after she what was in the envelope. She walked up to her and took a good look at what exactly Seulgi was painting, “Oh my god, you’re crazy,”

It was her.

And there was a painting of her running through the halls of the art gallery.

Seulgi remembered how dull everything became around her.

Seulgi was surrounded by pieces of art worth thousands of dollars. Artists dreamed to have their artwork up on those walls and placed on the stands. The building was worth millions of dollars.

Yet, with her running down those halls, to Seulgi, it wasn’t even worth a penny.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter