Do Hyungsik

Jung Siblings and the Mischievous Neighbours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Night in Jung’s condo is just the same with other nights in others’ condo. It’s quiet, peaceful, relaxing, with some chuckles are being heard in the air between the talks about a rough day that the family has been going through. There’s nothing better than night, Jongsuk thinks. Because it’s the only time that he owns his siblings and his siblings own himself fully, openly, snuggling on one bed, arms tighten to one another, without any secrets meddled inbetween.

“You guys are so harsh to Jongin,” Soojung suddenly said, they talked about Jongsuk’s professor earlier and how he dealt so much stress to fulfill his professor’s wants.

“The simulation?” Jongsuk wonders nonchalantly. Eyes are tightly closed while his arms hug Woobin. The eldest is in the middle, embracing both younger siblings in both of his arms. Woobin feels his sister is nodding in his embrace, approving Jongsuk’s wonder.

“Do you remember when Keegan was head over heels to Freja?” Woobin suddenly asked Soojung, recalled Jongsuk’s high school days when he was in love with a girl named Freja. She was a red head, with blue eyes and pale skin that was a typical red head. She looks like an Ireland angel, Jongsuk once said. But to Soojung, she was a total alien for her strange eyes.

Jongsuk feels the blood is rushing up to his cheeks, hearing Woobin mentioned his first love’s name. He lets out a small chuckle foolishly.

“I really hated her,” Soojung murmurs.

“I know. You were so jealous, spent all your anger to him, and warned him to stay away from her. The same case was going when I tried dating Josette. Remember?”

Soojung rolls her eyes upward, thinking, and suddenly chuckles. Jongsuk and Woobin join her chuckling to remember the old days when Woobin was trying to date Josette. Jongsuk and Soojung were in a mission to keep him single, throw some traps and dirts in her locker, even update her with bunch of fake nasty news of Woobin’s to keep her away from their eldest sibling.

Jongsuk spontaneously laughs, recalling the day when dirts were all over her face.

“We were such dorks, and ,” Jongsuk said between his laughs.

“See? You did worse than us, Krys,” Woobin softly hits his sister’s head.

“You’re so busy with the EXO boys lately, we’re getting forgotten,”

“Says a person who spent 80% of his leisure with Do Kyungsoo,” Soojung mocks her brother.

“Because you’re so busy with Sehun, Jongin, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Jongdae, and the others. I have no one to be with because Keenan is also very busy recently. I’m not making excuses, but it’s seriously what we have felt since earlier of this year,” Jongsuk bluntly explains.

“I see that our sister is going to end up with one of them,”

“I see her to be married first between us three,”

“Yah! What are you talking about? I didn’t even think of settling down, or even having boyfriend yet,” she hits Woobin’s chest, the latter only chuckles.

“Just in case, Krys. Just in case,”

“I don’t think I’ll marry as long as I have you two here. I want to live forever with you two,” Soojung smiles from ear to ear, then hugs Woobin tighter.

“Nah. I don’t,” Woobin objects.

“I second Keenan’s objection,” Jongsuk raises his hand in the air. This takes some seconds before Soojung’s facial expression turns to be disappointed and betrayed, then starting to hit them one by one feeling annoyed, “How can you both do that to your own sister!” Jongsuk and Woobin whine, but laughs in the middle.

“Stop it Jung,” Jongsuk shields himself with pillow, groaning a little bit as Soojung keeps hitting him and Woobin here and there, “We can live together forever, yes. But don’t think of not going to marry anyone. It’s scary. We still can build a home of us three with our own family, our own children,” Jongsuk explains, and Soojung stops hitting. He choose to slip on Woobin’s embrace again instead.

“Keegan is right. Don’t you think that it’s time for us to have a bit of love experience? I am 26 years old, Keegan is 24 this year and you are 21, but we have no dating experience at all. We all are twenties, guys!,” Keenan suddenly locks the other siblings in complete silence.

“You’re right. I even forgot when did the last time I fall in love,” Jongsuk thinks hard, trying to collect the pieces of his love experience in the past. Unfortunately, nothing comes out in his mind.

“I’ve even never been in love,” Soojung said confidently. Jongsuk and Woobin only nod, knowing that their sister is very hard to fall. She’s the coldest among the three and even with all those rumours going between Soojung and Baekhyun, Soojung and Sehun or Soojung and Jongin, the girl only keeps it cool and never shows any signs of ‘being interested’ in one of them.

“How can we be so numb?” Jongsuk wonders as he trails to past memories.

“You (he points at Soojung) were 15, you (points at Jongsuk) were 18 and I was 20 when our parents left. I was handling company at the age of 20 and had it broken at 21. We were lost because of debt, our stuffs, home were being confiscated and no one in our family offered a hand. They let us being some poor beggars and we worked up so hard to collect money that we believed our parents have left to us, and used it as we moved to Seoul when I was 22, Keegan was 20 and Krystal was 17 back then. I dropped out from Harvard, I had about three to five part time jobs in a day to feed our family and buy our daily needs while Keegan had two to pay Soojung’s school fee. I even didn’t enroll for college at that time. We had nothing but this place, these three brains, and ourselves. Keegan was enrolling to SNU medical school and suffered because of the expensive books and supporting materials he had to afford, but finally offered himself to clean laboratory and help in senior’s projects, managed data in professor’s research in order to get everything free. I was scouted to be a model when he was 24, Keegan joined one and half year later and life has been much better until now, but still, we need to study hard to get GPA in at least 3.6 and take at least two extracurriculars to extend our scholarship every semester,” Woobin’s long explanation comes to an end, he exhales as he reminisces every single memories which were built in the past, good ones and bad ones before continuing again.

“How can a person think of love when they even do think of bigger things like that?” he finally asked, to answer Jongsuk’s question.

A long silence grows as they drown in their own thoughts. Jongsuk and Soojung remains quiet as they are all thinking back to the past as Woobin told them such tale. Jongsuk silently smiles, being proud of what the three have achieved so far, and if he has chance to reborn, he’ll never hesitate to choose this family again.

“It’s time for having loose of the past and having new experiences, I guess,” Jongsuk exhales, stares at Woobin who still stares at ceiling. His eyes look so wet as result of trying hard not to cry. Jongsuk keeps smiling.

“Maybe that’s why I’ve never loved.. because it’s hard to look for guy who are just like my brothers,” Soojung smiles proudly, and gives them a big hug. Her palm of hand only reaches Jongsuk’s chest as they are separated by Woobin in the middle, but Jongsuk can still feel the love his sister tries to show. At that time, Soojung really wishes that she has longer arms to completely hug her brothers.

“I guess I want another whole new experience with you both,” Jongsuk finally said, pulling it back to ‘marriage talks’, “Let’s try falling in love,” he grins, completely amused by his own idea.

“Then, let’s seek for the one, I guess?” Woobin raises his eyebrow. Jongsuk and Soojung look at him, getting interested.

“Our soon to be pair should be agreed by the siblings. If one of us disagrees, then he/she must stay away and keep him/her as friend. Faces, backgrounds and status don’t matter. The most important is that they love all the siblings,” Jongsuk makes the rule, getting a nod by Soojung and Woobin. “Remember that rule, everyone must follow that rule. Because I don’t want to see our family breaks down because of lovers. Got it?”

Soojung and Woobin nod again.


“Deal?” Woobin raises his pinky finger in the air, and Jongsuk and Soojung quickly tangle theirs on it, “Deal,” they said together then getting down their hands and going back to hug one another again.

 

“Are you free tomorrow after college?”

“I have an extra accounting class because I was absent two times in a row,”

“I have an appoinment with Kyungsoo. We’re going to Daegu,”

“Tch, I worry that you may be going to marry Kyungsoo in the future. You really treasure him, don’t you?”

“Don’t be ridiculous. He’s a man,”

“Then what? You can have wedding in San Fransisco,”

“You’re so impossible, you know,”

“Nothing is impossible. The word itself said that I’m possible!”

“What the , Jung Keenan,”

“Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter