Reunited

Jung Siblings and the Mischievous Neighbours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks after the ball. New semester has been up again in Seoul National University. Jung siblings are busy with the college schedules as usual again after the not-so-long and boring summer holiday which are only filled with rumours of EXO, Woobin being too dorky with his obsession to Red Velvet and Jongsuk being too busy with his hospital schedule. Soojung keeps grunting these past few days on how stingy her brothers to spend a bit time for having summer vacation with her but her brothers just shrugged it off. They said that they have no money and they knew, that the reason would  be enough to completely shut their maknae’s grumble.

That afternoon, Soojung walks out of the department’s building by herself. The building has been quite empty because most of students have been going home since noon. Only the yard filled with the boys playing basketball and the cheerleading team of her department, having regular training in afternoon. There’s no afternoon class that day, but Soojung spends little time on her own to start writing her thesis in the library. She hasn’t even a final student yet, but she has prepared for it because all students know that she chases for the laude title. Furthermore, she wanted an abroad scholarship with her brothers, so she needs to study harder than her friends do.

She sits on the bench in front of her department, waiting Jongsuk to pick her up. She looks at her watch and her eyebrows knitted a little, Jongsuk should be here at this time. Her brother is never late, tho. She looks up at the sky and being a bit worry with the dark clouds which hanging on the sky. The breeze of rain weather brushes her skin, making her shiver and wraps her own upper body with both of her hands. She suddenly regrets her decision to leave her jacket, because Jongsuk is indeed going to scold her later if he knew that his sister didn’t wear any heater in such cold weather. She tightens her feet and starts gritting her teeth. She looks down to her lap in ninety degrees to seek the warmth for her neck from her hair.

 

Everyone may think that she’s a bench ghost in the semi second glance.

 

“You’re still here?” boy’s voice.

Soojung looks up to see who he is, and to be her surprise, it’s Oh Sehun. She suddenly hides her surprise expression and turns it into the cold ones--which is a Jung’s specialty.

“As you see?” she answers, doesn’t bother to explain. Sehun and her are actually still in the fighting term after the ball. She really gets angry at Sehun for taking Yoo In Jung instead of her to the ball but Sehun also doesn’t let his complaints stop for seeing Soojung with another man from medical department. Especially when that guy is now being regularly seen in his apartment building.

“Where’s Jongsuk hyung?” he asks, suddenly parks his bike and plops himself on the other space of the bench beside Soojung.

“...or maybe, where’s that british guy?” Sehun mocks at her, obtains a death glare from Soojung as response. She knows that ‘the british guy’ has been a topic for Oh Sehun in these past days and she completely doesn’t like the way Sehun doesn’t appreciate Kang Minhyuk by calling him as ‘British guy’.

“I’m just joking,”

She shrugs her shoulders. Soojung is taken aback a little bit when she knows that Sehun makes a little move to her shoulder, he wraps his jacket around Soojung. The size is too big for her, but it’s comfortable for protecting herself from the cold. She suddenly feels warmer.

“Are you acting nice? I’m still not forgiving,”

“Yah, I just don’t want Yixing hyung to be dead worried if you’re sick,” Sehun defends himself.

“Whatever,”

“Do you want to go home together?” Sehun offers as he stands up and unlocks his bike.

She widens her eyes, but actually she considers Sehun’s offer because it’s getting colder now and honestly, Soojung can’t take it anymore.

“Your bike doesn’t seem to have passenger seat, Oh Sehun,” she mocks. Sehun’s bike is a triathlon bicycle which obviously doesn’t have any extra saddle for the passenger.

“But, there’s a space in the front,” he his brow to the vertical seatpost in his bike. Soojung widens her eyes in disbelief.

“Gosh, Oh Sehun! You’re a ert, aren’t you?”

Sehun frowns his forehead, wonders to himself what’s so wrong with his offer. He just shrugged his shoulder, “I think it is sittable. I take it as a no?”

 

Keegan Jung

Her phone suddenly rings, showing the name of her brother on it.

 

“KEEGAN JUNG WHERE ARE YOU!” Soojung explodes, like…explodes. Sehun was surprised at her voice.

“I’m still on my way, and it’s really crowded. I mean, the traffic jam, I’m not sure if I can be there quickly. What if you’re taking a bus. I’ll pick you up in the closest bus station. Sorry, Krystal,” tut…tut…tut…tut…

“YAH!”

She rolls her eyes after Jongsuk hangs the call, “Take it as a yes!” she hastily said to Sehun whom still having a flustered expression in his face, “Tell me, how should I sit in such bike?”

Sehun quickly positions himself in the saddle to sit and he pats the vertical seatposts in front of him, “Sit here, ladily, and you have to face me,”

“WHY CAN’T I JUST FACE THE FRONT!” Soojung grunts.

“It may cause accident! Believe me! Just try,” Sehun challenges her and it doesn’t take any seconds for Soojung to change her mind and obey Sehun’s words. Her face is now facing his broad chest and she can feel Sehun’s warmth as his hands make it way to held the handlebar. Sehun unconsciously smiles as he pushes the treadle, makes the bike moving. Soojung suddenly got surprised because the movement of the bike makes her seat area shakes. She unconsciously wraps her arms around Sehun’s waist and her head is pressed to Sehun’s chest, she’s scared.

“Isn’t it like a romantic movie?” Sehun chuckles at her.

“Don’t think of anything and just ride!” she tightens her grip on Sehun’s waist.

“Sorry, Soojung-ah. I actually want to accept your offer but—“

“—forget it, Sehun. Let’s not fight again,” she cuts Sehun’s words because she knows that actually Sehun doesn’t mean to ask Yoo In Jung to the ball.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter