Conversation

Jung Siblings and the Mischievous Neighbours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You never told that she is beautiful?” Chanyeol randomly asked. His body is now wrapped under blanket and his hands squeezes the tips of his blanket softly, wondering what Soojung said in the afternoon.

It was 11pm, exactly 1 hour after the final match of soon-to-debut group ‘iKon’ that was live broadcasted and watched by Chanyeol & all the members of EXO. Jongsuk has called and texted each of the boys to support his cousin and change the channel every single time Jung Chanwoo performed. Seems like they got no choice too, because Kyungsoo—Jongsuk’s dearest person—insisted to watch it despite of the protests coming from Tao who have craved for weekly drama.

The situation of the dorm is quite calmer at nights, with the lamps off and no sound of steps from other members make everything perfect for either sleeping or night meditation. The thought of Soojung suddenly comes to his mind when listening to Chanyeol’s question. He remembered that Soojung didn’t like darkness like this and suddenly wonders if the young girl has been at home.

“Soojung?” Baekhyun asked, rhetorically.

“I have no idea of who are the other girls that should be associating with you regarding to feelings—means, yes, I talk about her,” Chanyeol frustratingly answers as if talking to dummy.

“I don’t remember,” he stared blankly at the ceiling.

“Soojung said that she sorts of liking Hanbin for always saying that she’s beautiful… wihout anything more to add, just ‘she’s beautiful’. She said it was the first time for her to hear someone to say something very genuine to her,”

Baekhyun has his breathe hitched, he pressed the blanket above him to be closer to his chest, feels groggy suddenly.

“Then.. w-what is that supposed to do with me?” he tried giving his roommate cold shoulder but ended up stuttering.

“I’m not sure, Baek. I don’t think that something as simple as ‘you’re beautiful’ is a thing you never tried to her. I mean, you adore her, freaking a lot!”

Baekhyun shuts his eyes, “Correction: I used to adore her. I don’t do anymore,”

“Whoa.. hear yourself, man! Is it really you?”

“I’m developing feeling for other, Yeol. It’s not Soojung,” he feels a heaviness in his chest, “….it’s never her, I… I have realised it,”

“Really? Then who?”

“….you knew I have a relationship with Taeyeon noona,”

“Yes! A fake relationship!” he laughed between his line, a mocking one, “…oh, c’mon Byun, wake up! If you’re gonna say trash, just don’t do it in front of me. Suho hyung may just buy your stupid lie, but I’ll for heaven’s sake not. I know you, Baek. I know what you want even though you never told me what it was,”

He feels like Chanyeol’s gaze lingers on him, thankfully he can’t clearly see Chanyeol right now.

“I’m telling you… the truth,”

“The truth is you’re now being a jerk for crashing a chance in getting the girl who have liked you since forever. If I were liked by Soojung, I’m not going to think twice, Baek,”

“…hyung, I think I’m in love. I’ve tried so hard to stop it but why does it seem impossible?”

“Chanyeol… don’t,”

“I think I love… Soojung,"

“What?”

"Hyung, do you...like her too?”

“Don’t make it hard for me,” he whispers, grabbing the cover up to his neck before rolling to the other side where he felt safe because he can’t see if Chanyeol is gazing at him.

 

Yes, Sehun, I like her. A lot.

 

“I don’t know that today is your birthday,”

Soojung and Hanbin walk on the rooftop of the building right after the concert. They just met each other families and given free time now to do anything with the family before returning to dorm. Woobin and Jongsuk right now are still with Yonghwa and Chanwoo in building, doing bowling or some other fun things that only God knows what while Hanbin’s family is not coming at all.

“Happy birthday, Kim Hanbin,” she said, resting her head on top of fence when they stop walking to the edge of the rooftop.

“Thank you,” he smiles, a genuine one, before placing his hand on the fence and jerks of a little bit, “…it’s cold,” he frowns his forehead, looking at Soojung who comfortably puts her hands on it and use it for resting her head.

“It is… but I don’t mind,” she said before a layer of coat is placed on her back. It was a coat that he wore from the ‘Long Time No See’ performance, and since the coat is being taken, now he only wears a plain white T-shirt that reveals a bit of his body.

“Aren’t you feeling cold?” Soojung now asked back, about to return the coat to him but Hanbin prevented her in doing so.

“It’s okay. I don’t want you to feel cold during our first meeting,” he smiles sheepishly.

“It’s not our first meeting, Kim Hanbin,” she corrected it, makes the younger one nods while laughing, “…araseo,”

“So, how have you been?” Soojung started a question, “…after all these years since our first meeting?”

His cheeks twitched, “I simply got into YG after our meeting and I spent all those years under that roof. Training, improving, dancing, singing, rapping, composing, I do everything I could. I’m amazed of how I’m not feeling bored with the daily basis that’s basically only a repetition,”

There’s a slight pause, “Have you ever thought of quitting?”

He smiled, nodded at her words, “But I keep your words in my head and it’s being my stimullant every single time I feel break down. I, for once, thought that it may be impossible for me to debut, but the possibility for meeting you again is only there. The possibility for paying the debt that my father left is only there. I put everything, all my life, for it and in it,”

“That’s…,” Soojung found herself speechless of how herself be an inspiration for other people, “…that’s tough,”

He nodded again, “It was pretty scary at the time, but looking back, it was one of the best decisions I ever made in life,”

“Look at you now, you made it!” Soojung flashed a smile to him, “….I…well.. you know, I’m thankful of your persistence, hard work and determination. It’s not precisely my words that being your stimullant, Hanbin. It’s yourself. You’re the one who nailed it by yourself when I wasn’t even aware of your suffering,”

“You didn’t make me suffer, so you don't need to be aware," he flashed a smile, "Yes, I agree, it’s all myself who did that but I wasn’t able to gather courage in the first place if you weren’t there. So I… I should be the one who feel thankful for your presence,”

There’s a quite long space after that, filled in with breaths and sighs from each other sides. Hanbin’s breathe formed smoke from his mouth, totally not a weather on October when he should be only having one layer on and it’s a v-neck. He gathers warm from his hands as he wraps his own body slightly with his arm that’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter