Rumour

Jung Siblings and the Mischievous Neighbours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s quite cold for a day in the middle of June. The summer has just came and some of Seoul netizens are about to go to their hometown since most of them are taking summer break. That day, a clear sky is shown in Seoul, the sun shines not so brightly with bit of dark clouds hanging on the sky, making the weather perfect. It’s indeed a perfect weather to take a day off, break from all routines for enjoying a day with family, or only watching TV, even simply laying on bed.

That day is one of Jung siblings’s days in their off week to prepare final exam. Weird activities start developing as the result of Jung siblings’ frustration to face the exam. Soojung has been absent for three days to sleep on the same bed with her brothers due to studying up all night in her room. Woobin starts sleeping on the floor while reading to keep him awake during night and Jongsuk is sticking all his exam materials in all over the house’s walls so that he can memorize while sleeping, cooking, watching TV, even taking a bath. It’s tolerated by Soojung and Woobin, since he’s the medical student, the one whom handle most materials to memorize.

“Keenan…, Keenan,” Jongsuk shakes Woobin’s shoulder, he’s now sleeping on their kitchen’s floor, hugging to a book, “…hyung, I’m gonna cook,” he grunts, still shakes his hyung’s shoulder. The shake starts growing to be a push, then now, being a punch on shoulder. But Woobin stays still, as if there’s nothing bothers.

Jongsuk gives up on waking him up and starts to turn on the stove, taking out materials from refrigerator, and Sundubu Jigae is in the making. He whistles as he chops the tofu, celery, chicken and pour it to the broth which he stirred. During that time, his eyes are locked on the exam materials in front of him, hands are still stirring the cook. He murmurs ‘delicious’ as he put a bit of the broth on the back of his hand and taste it carefully.

“Keenan…,” now he wakes the elder with his foot, kicking him softly as he pours Sundubu Jigae from the pot into three bowls. He now whistles to one of his favorite songs of EXO as he finishes to prepare the dish.

“AH!” he suddenly groans painfully, as his foot is being hit by none other than Jung Woobin, “Do you have any manner to your hyung?” he’s awake, eyes still look so heavy.

“I’ve woken you up several times with the best manner that I knew, but you’re just sleeping like a beast,” he answered, then brought the dishes to the dining table and positions himself in his usual chair. Woobin later joins him and sits in also his usual chair. He still tries to find his sanity as he puts his book in front of his nose again.

“Soojung-ah!” Jongsuk calls her sister, because the breakfast can’t start without the existence of those three. It’s another tradition in Jung family when they’re about to face exam is that they MUST eat breakfast and dinner together. It all begun two years ago when Woobin studied hard for entrance exam to SNU that he forgot to eat and none of his siblings noticed his eating schedule. In the following week after entrance test, Woobin was hospitalized for having high fever.

“Coming!” Soojung answered, hurriedly running from her room to the dining table. Towel is wrapped around her head as she just finished taking a bath. She then positions herself to her usual chair and that’s how their breakfast is started.

“This final exam feels like pulling my hair out,” Woobin starts the conversation as they eat Jongsuk’s cook gracefully, he puts his book on the table as he gives up to study calculous-thing again.

“I know! I want to kill person who invents exam,” Soojung raises his fork, agreeing Woobin’s words.

“I love exam,” Jongsuk randomly added as he recalls that exam means there’ll be more free time for medical student like him.

“Soojung, I heard there’s a ball in Architecture department after the exam?” Woobin asked.

“Yep, that’s a ceremonial thing as the sign to begin the partnership of SNU’s Architecture with Yale’s. Starting from next semester, my department opens class for the Double Degree students from Yale,”

Jongsuk nods, “Cool, but too late. My department has started Double Degree program since two years ago,”

“Don’t compare. Medical Department is of course always one step ahead,” Woobin complained, getting a nod as agreement from Krystal. Jongsuk hits his chest proudly.

“Then, are you going?”

“Of course! Yale Professors are going to come! It’s going to be a huge chance for me if I want to continue my study in Harvard with full scholarship. I need to build network, right? But, the problem is that the ceremony has a very strange rule,”

“What’s that?” Woobin munches the last piece of his tofu.

“We need to bring our dance partner there, because the main point of the ceremony is to dance,” Soojung rolls her eyes.

“And you’re going with?”

Soojung looks at Woobin, then continues to eat. She firstly keeps quiet but silence uncomfortably starts developing and Woobin looks at Jongsuk, asked with his eyes if he asked wrong question to their sister. Jongsuk only shrugs his shoulders in return, didn’t know either.

“Oppa, will you both come with me?” Soojung finally and suddenly asked both of brothers, with full aegyo.

Woobin suddenly squirts the water he drinks right now, and Jongsuk chokes on his foods, making him unstoppably coughing. They both look so surprised, while Soojung seems to be satisfied with their reaction, she just laughs at them.

“What? Can we record it again? What’s it again Jung Soojung? What?” Jongsuk hurriedly grabs his pocket to look for his phone, as if he really wants to record his sister.

“What did you just call us? Oppa? Oppa? OPPA? Did we hear something wrong? Is this girl really Soojung?” Woobin is surprised as well, his eyes seem to be popped out. It was really the first time for the brothers to be called as ‘Oppa’ by Soojung. She usually just called both by the English name without any honorifics because they’ve used to it since they were born.

“Yah! You two are so mean,” she unconsciously pouts, making Jongsuk laughs.

Woobin pats her head softly, and Soojung smiles in return. This is what Soojung always does whenever her wish is granted by her brothers, “When is exactly that ceremony, princess?”

“In the end of August. I bet all girls will be super envy with me if I bring you guys, you know, you both are what-the-SNU-girls-want,” Soojung emphasizes the last words of her sentence, as it is very popular words in between SNU girls.

“I can’t. I’m going to China for meeting our parents’ last client. Keegan?”

“Well, let me check the schedule…,” Jongsuk opens the calendar in his phone, “…I…can. But I can’t promise because the new semester’s schedule for internship hasn’t been released yet…,”

“Great! We’re going to have great time!” Soojung then offers Jongsuk a high five, and he happily responds.

“If the meeting is finished earlier as expected then I’ll go with you guys. Okay?” Woobin pats his sister’s head again, Soojung only nods brightly.

“Anyway, today is your turn to wash dishes, hyu—“

“WHAT’S IT!?” Woobin suddenly cuts Jongsuk’s words, making the other two surprised. Woobin’s eyes are stuck on his phone then he looks at Jongsuk and Soojung, “I’m going to check them,” he then passes his phone to Jongsuk and starts going out of his condo.

“What do you mean?” Soojung asked, walking towards Jongsuk’s direction. Jongsuk literally widens his eyes in surprise too after reading the news his brother just gave. Jongsuk stands up and quickly follows his hyung’s steps to the place that Soojung still doesn’t know.

She reaches Woobin’s phone and the webpage of gossip source is shown there. It doesn’t take long until Soojung reacts the same with her brothers’.

EXO Baekhyun and SNSD Taeyeon Were Spotted to be Together in Car

SM Confirms Baekhyun and Taeyeon are Dating for 4 Months

-xxxx-

 

“…..most of times, I’m very thankful for having you and your brothers,” Chanyeol randomly said. He is in Jung’s condo, playing Play Station with Soojung. There are only the two of them in the condo. While the rest of E

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter