October 24, 2012

Jung Siblings and the Mischievous Neighbours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I have this song in repeat while writing this chapter, haha. You can play it while reading to this story.

It was October 23rd in 2012.

Soojung was in Jongsuk's desk, working for her project in Jongsuk’s room while munching the french toast that Woobin left for her a while ago. It was 11 pm, but Soojung still casually worked as if it was 9 or 10 am. She was all alone at home, Jongsuk had to stay in the hospital for two days while Woobin just left about an hour ago to catch his morning flight to US. If she had to say, it was the best time for her to work because Jongsuk and Woobin were not around.

She hummed to one of Cranberries’ song as she continued working. Her work was almost perfectly done, about 85% percent, in only one night. The project had been a trend in Architecture department as her friends were complaining about the project for a whole week and some even said that they needed to begin from the start again. It was actually a project which has been given by her lecturer about a week ago, but Soojung was just able to make it two nights before the deadline. She was currently working part time in the Office of International Affairs of SNU and being appointed as the Program Director of Website and Design. Instead of doing the sketch, she was busy with coding and programming for past week because the head of Office asked her to revise the web here and there.

She had been gobbling down all the french toast but her stomach still wanted some more. She grabbed her own stomach and murmured “I’m hungry”, leading herself to the kitchen. Omelette or instant noodle, she hardly thought, looking at the pantry. She shrugged her own shoulders and chose to just have a carton of apple juice. She was about to open the refrigerator when everything went dark.

And a loud, horrifying scream was heard some seconds after.

 

 

-xxxx-

 

‘EXO Saranghaja!’ was all that Baekhyun could hear over the night. He was too excited for their comeback next year as 12. Yes, as twelve, he thought to himself. That night, the EXO boys were sleeping early due to tiredness of practicing all day since early in the morning. They practiced to whole new coreography of ‘Wolf’, their soon-to-be comeback song, after it got revised for two times already. They practiced so hard, even in ungodly hours, because they knew they were that desperate for this comeback. They knew they’ve waited for so long to be united as one group, 12 people.

“You didn’t sleep?” Chanyeol was being awakened in the middle of his sleep, only to find Baekhyun was climbing down his bed.

“I can’t,” he said, wearing his slippers and went to the common room. Chanyeol went back to sleep again.

He was laying on the couch, reading to a magazine which Tao brought from China. He didn’t understand at all what the magazine said, but typical Baekhyun, he just laughed at the funny pictures. Tao told him that it was a comedy magazine, and Baekhyun agreed as he seemed to be entertained with it.

But it didn’t take long until finally he couldn’t read the magazine anymore because everything went dark. He was quickly taking his phone, turning it on, and making it as the light for him to walk out. He wanted to check if this happened only to their dorm or to the whole building, because the situation rarely happened in the building. He unlocked the door an saw that the whole stairs were also dark, even the elevator went off.

Electrical problem, he thought as he proceeded to go back to his dorm. It only took some minutes before he widened his eyes, realizing something which seemed to be important in his life.

Jung Soojung.

 

 

-xxxx-

 

Baekhyun ran fastly to the Jung’s condo which was in the same floor with the dorm. Baekhyun was simultaneously knocking the door, shouting at the girl’s name for nth time.

“SOOJUNG! SOOJUNG!” he kept knocking, sweats start running down his face.

There’s no answer at all from inside. He tried accessing the password but it didn’t work. Ah yes, electrical problem, he thought again. The electrical problem has caused the password to be unable to access either.

“JUNG SOOJUNG!!” he bragged the door harshly but it didn’t success.

“SOOJUNG-AH!” he freaked out, his body now all wetted by sweats which strangely kept coming in that kind of autumn weather. He kept bragging into it, but the door was made by teak, seemed to be impossible to break.

But Byun Baekhyun kept trying. He felt his shoulders start to break down but he couldn’t care anymore. He kept bragging his shoulder to the door with all his power. Thank God, he was recently practicing and also going to gym for EXO comeback.

“SOOJUNG!” he still bragged his shoulder against the door, and now strange feeling was tangling all over his shoulder as if it went numb. He couldn’t even feel his shoulder anymore, but he still couldn’t care. He bragged once more, and finally he was succeed to get in. He could hear the hysterical cries all over the condo once he got in. He quickly ran to the source of the sound only to find Soojung improperly sat on the kitchen’s floor, crying, her body all trembled and wet by sweats. Baekhyun quickly hugged her tight and caressed her head.

 

“It’s okay, I’m here,” he said, feeling relieved.

 

-xxxx-

 

It was October 23rd in 2012.

 

Soojung has laid on bed, in Jongsuk’s room, after Baekhyun picked her from kit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter