✿ Stay with us ✿

✿ Because You're You ✿

 

 

All that could be heard were the beeps of her heartbeat that came from the monitor. There were a few sighs here and there, but other than that, there was complete silence. JB let out a depressing sigh as he held on to her delicate hands. Only he was there. He thought that bringing her to the hospital before calling the other members and telling about it was the best priority. JB frowned as he looked at Jinhye's bruise up face. Her head was bandaged because of the injury and there was dried up blood on the corner of her lips. "She's in a critical condition from the hard impact and a lot of blood loss. As of now, she's in a coma and we're not sure if she's going to wake up soon. We'll just have to wait. I'm sorry.." Those words kept replaying in his head. He didn't know how he was going to tell the other members about it.

Just then, the sound of loud running rung throughout the hallways. When the running stopped, he heard the sound of the door roughly smacking against the hospital wall. Mark froze as he saw her lying on the hospital bed. "What happened?" Jackson questioned. JB sighed before replying, "I-I couldn't save her in time.. The moment I saw her, she had already been hit by the girl. Most likely one of our fans.." He explained. JB turned his head to look at Mark who was still standing in shock. He could see tears rolling down his cheeks and his hands turned into fists. Then, he slowly began to approach her. "H-How bad is it?.." Mark quietly asked. When JB stayed quiet, Mark switched his gaze to him. It looked like tears were about to run down his face, and his face was full of sadness. "Answer me, JB!" Mark said, raising his voice. It was like he was yelling now. JB stared at Jinhye as he spoke, "S-She's in a coma from blood loss and brain damage.. He said- He said he doesn't even know if she'll wake up."

Those words made Mark's heart drop. He had only just gotten her back, he didn't want to lose her again. Mark stared at her for a while longer. He examined her bloody lips, her bruised cheeks, and then the bloody bandage that wrapped around her head. It only made him even more pissed and sad. He hated seeing her in this condition. It seemed like everytime she was with him, she'd always get hurt. Like he was her badluck charm. "I'm sorry.." Mark lowly apologized as he cried and continued to look at her face. He wanted to caress her cheek, but he couldn't even do that because he felt like he'd only give her more pain. He could only hold her hands, look after her, and hope for the best. That she would wake up soon.


 

Two months had passed now, and Jinhye still wasn't awake. Throughout those two months, every single member would give her a visit and take turns to take care of her. Even Got7's manager and JYP himself. Mark and JB were the two people who took care of her most. Today was the day of the release of Got7's new song, 'If you do'. It was also the day none of the members could go visit and take care of her because they had to do comeback stages back to back. There was someone there to take care of her, though. They had sent one of their stylists and a few other staff members to go help.

"I wonder how Jinhye noona is doing.." BamBam said quietly to himself. Mark over heard him and closed his eyes to take a deep breath, then he exhaled. He looked over at BamBam and gave him a little smile. "She'll be okay. She'll wake up soon and be with us again." Mark saw JB get up off of the couch and walk towards him. The look on his face was full of sadness and guilt. He felt like he should've seen her sooner to save her. The past couple of months, that's all he's been feeling. Guilt and sorrow. "Sorry, hyung.. For not protecting her." Mark looked at him through the mirror that was in front of him and forced a smile on to his lips. JB could see his tears beginning to come back again and he could see that the smile was fake. No one could really smile at this point. "Got7, two minutes. Stand-by." One of the staffs announced. Mark took a look at himself one last time before up his tears and sighing, then he walked out for stand-by.

As they waited for their hoobae group Day6, to finish performing they did their usual warm up routines. Then a few minutes later, Day6 had finished performing. All of Got7 watched as they waved goodbye to their fans and began to walk off stage. "You guys did good." Mark spoke. He expected them to smile happily, but hearing the news about Jinhye made them sad, too. "We're all praying for her to wake up soon." Sungjin told him. Mark gave them a smile and tilted his head down, closing his eyes. He couldn't cry now, he was about to go on stage and perform. Once again, he refused to let his tears fall. "Thank you guys." Mark quietly responded. Mark exhaled before grabbing his mic and taking a step forward on stage. The other members followed behind him. As they all got in their positions, they could hear the fans beginning to scream and cheer for them. "You alright, Mark?" Jackson asked as he stood in his spot. Mark nodded, "I'm fine."

With that, their comeback performance begun. The lights slowly again and the spotlight was on all of Got7. Mark's face was dark and he showed no emotion throughout the performance. He couldn't even control his emotions and couldn't even fake a smile for the fans. He was that down. Suddenly, he felt a light nudge in the arm by Jr. who stood beside of him. He quickly pointed something out in the audience and what he saw surprised him. There were fans holding up big banners that said, "Cheer up, Mark!" and "We're praying with you!" Seeing those touched him. Soon, tears formed and fell. It was almost the end of their performance and all they had to do was a few more dance steps and their ending pose. As fans saw the tears on Mark's face from the big screen, they began to scream louder. "Uljima! Uljima!" The fans began to chant. One by one, the members looked back at Mark. Seeing why they were chanting, they all formed a circle around him and conforted him as he fell to his knees. He cried.


 

"Jinhye, please! Stay with me!" A voice called out.

Everything was white. There wasn't anything in her surroundings, no trees, no people, no roads. Just plain white. All of sudden, she could feel the feeling of pain slowly seeking in. As she felt the pain get stronger, she closed her eyes shut and bit down on her teeth. When her eyes slowly began to flutter open, she could barely see anything. Her vision was blurry and she had a massive headache. She just layed there and slowly blinked as she waited for her vision to adjust. "Call the nurse, she's awake!" A female's voice shouted. Jinhye took a look around the room, first looking at the gray ceiling above her. Then she looked at the doctors as they came rushing in. "Choi Jinhye, how are you feeling?" The man spoke. Jinhye swallowed her saliva before replying. was dry and it was hard for her to speak. "I have a headache.." Her voice croaked. She saw the man writing things on a piece of lined paper as she spoke. When she looked around the room again, she saw two familiar faces. The faces of Got7's stylist and another staff that was always with them. It looked like they were on the phone. "It's a miracle you woke up. With a critical injury like yours, it's almost impossible to wake up this soon." The man cleared his throat before speaking again, "I'll have the nurse get you some painkillers and something to eat. I'll come back and check on you in an hour." He left.

"Are you feeling okay, Jinhye-ssi?" The stylist asked her. Jinhye nodded. Silence filled up the room for a few minutes. They gave Jinhye her space because they knew she had a headache and questioning her would only make it worse. Jinhye groaned as she tried to sit up. Her body was a little stiff from not moving that whole time and there was a little pain, but it wasn't that bad. She looked over at the glass of water that was on the counter and reached to grab it. When she finished the glass of water, she saw one of the nurses with a tray of food. Jinhye watched as they pulled out the little table that was attached to the bed and placed the food on to it. Seeing it made her stomach growl and it made the nurse laugh. "You're still quite weak, so one of you would have to feed her. If you need anything else, press the red button on the remote." The nurse smiled before leaving.

On the small table there was a bowl of hot soup, a bowl of rice, a glass of water, and a few side dishes. The painkillers were sealed inside of a plastic bag. The first thing she grabbed were those and she took them. The stylist smiled as she scooped up a spoon full of rice alond with a little bit of soup on it, then she blew on it before holding it up to . Jinhye closed her eyes as she savored the taste in and she smiled with joy. It felt like she hadn't ate in forever. Just then, the sound of something drop could be heard and Jinhye immediately opened up her eyes again. When she saw who it was, she smiled. "Oh-" Before she could say anything, Mark walked up to her and pulled her in for a tight hug. "Be careful! She's still weak." The stylist warned him.

Mark cried as he felt her warm embrace. Oh how he missed it. Jinhye felt his tears drop on to her shoulder as he hugged her. It was hard to do so, but she brought her arms up to hug him back. "Thank god you're okay.. Thank you for waking up.." He cried. "I'm okay. Can I eat now? I'm super hungry for some reason." She told him. Mark pulled back from the hug and gave her a strange look as he was still crying, "That reason was because you were in a coma for two months, babo!" He continued to cry as he fell on his knees. His forehead rested on to the side of the bed as he held her hands. "I missed you so much.. I thought I was going to lose you." Jinhye chuckled as she ran her fingers through his hair. "Your hair is blond now." She said. Mark lifted up his head to look at her and she wiped his tears.

"Don't cry, you're not going to lose me. I promise."