The End of My "Normal"

hidden life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The artificial green under my paws tickled as I ran on the runmill, If I focused hard enough I could fake my mind in to thinking I wasn't in the lab's work out room but in a beautiful forest filled with the noises of the birds and other animals. Panting softly form the strength of my stride under the hot sun lights in the room I could feel the sweat build along my coat, before the run shut off. The forest image becoming a bleak white wall the runmill becoming still and a door opens to a ill faced guard, I reluctantly shift to my human form and run a small towel along my neck as I walk toward him slowly. 

" hurry the hell up you freak I don't have all day!" He ordered me reaching for me before retracting his hand. ( the doctor would most likely harm him if he so much as touched me.) Walking behind him along the hall I let my thoughts wonder, the only thing I can really do really, to once again how it would feel to run in the true wild with the other animals and the grass and the real sun, ahhh it be amazing I'm sure of it... if only I could.

Hearing a high pitched ring threw me outta my thoughts to cover my ears. "What is that?!" I yelled to the guard before grabbed my jacket yanking me down the hall and shoved me in to my room, slamming the door shut locking me in. "Agents to the unloading bay immediately"  a robotic voice ordered threw the speakers. Moving quickly to the glass wall I watched the door across the way waiting. 

Ten minutes later the door swung open and it was a rare sight, the guards looked to be losing against the 7 men they fought. The first that I saw was going compl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter