Sprint

hidden life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note at the end please read please please please!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jaebum POV.

"They should be here by now"     

" Do you think they got caught?"

" no no Mark is smart enough to get them out of anything"

"ENOUGH!" i exclaimed over the 5 worried voices that remained of my pack, " freaking out isn't going to help us, if Mark and Winter do not show in the next hour we will go to the pack lands and gather help." I informed everyone looking over the grassy knoll in the direction the pair were to come from. * Come on Mark, the pack isn't complete with out you and Winter..* my eyes rounded at my thoughts * did I just lump Winter up as a member of our pack?* I've turned down dozens of were's from our pack even after knowing some for years * but Winter is different, she makes us better. Even I can admit we never would have gotten out of there without her.* Turning to the others I asked " Yugeom, did the Tigers have the power to boost their packs, making them stronger?" The giant Maknae thought for a moment before nodding, " the old writings say the Tiger's powers could propel their packs to seats of power when they ruled." i nodded turning back to the knoll * is she part of our pack already? and why am i not upset by it happening without me knowing?" 

" GUYS I SEE THEM!" I  heard Bam say from behind me. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mark and I only stopped our sprint to freedom once long enough to make sure we were wound free aside from the small cut on my hand where we had removed the tracking chip back in the lab before we escaped, We ran with such concertation I never noticed the woods, rivers or sun, all i focused on was Mark and his movements i knew i could count on him to be alert and to know where we were going. To be completely honest as long as we got away from the guards and the lab I couldn't care where we were running to. 

Hours seemed to pass before Mark's pace slowed down, * we need to circle back around for about an hour, I didn't want to chance the guards following us straight to the others.* Mark's words whispered in my mind, i nodded back my agreement as we took off again weaving through trees scaring the smaller wildlife in our path. Before long traces of a scent i knew well trailed along my nose * the guys! i can smell the guys!* I cheered in my head once I realized there was no blood smell, they were safe they got away without harm. * smells like t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter