Let's Get Down To Business

hidden life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few hours after we all are we were back to relaxing and playing around. The maknaes and Youngjae roped Winter and Jinyoung in to playing some random game about dancing to pop music as Jae, Jackson, and I started planning for training tomorrow in the office away from prying ears " so we need to go over basic tactics with Winnie in defense and offense," Jackson muttered writing down as he spoke so we had a clear plan " Jackson and I can go over that with her and 2Jae can go over attack methods with all of us ." I added as Jae nodded and added "she'll need one on one with Youngjae but in a week or so after she is trained a bit so she can stand on her own." Agreeing Jack and I nodded. " I think another week or so before I talk to the elders about patrols for us." Jackson broke in to say " we to get somewhere for Winnie to stay while we are working, personally I vote with the SNSD noonas since she is so close to Taeyeon noona already." I piped in with agreement, there wasn't anyone aside from them and elder Kim I really trusted with her if we couldn't be there.

Hearing my thoughts, Jackson looked up a bit worried " why are both of you two so amped on keeping her under such tight protection?" He continued before we could answer. " I get the thought of the gov looking for her but we have all kinds of spells and such around the packlands they can't find us if they had a blood hound mix so what's up?" Hesitant I looked at Jar and nodded knowing we could trust him with the secret. "Elder Kim believes it is possible Winter's dreams are visions of possible future outcomes." Jae said lowering his voice. " he also thinks it best to keep it hushed til he can find out for sure." As his words set up in Jack's mind a look of almost horror formed on his face. " Winnie's dream diary...." He started " wait a second why does elder Kim think that? Having nightmares doesn't mean they are going to come true." He said staring at us. Sighing Jae looked down before answering " she had a dream that someone she couldn't possibly have seen in it.." "Who?" 

"Kim Junsu.." I answered staring back at him " ..WHAT?!" he jumped to his feet in disbelief and anger " she told Elder Kim that in two dreams she saw him arrive as or shortly before the governments army attacked the packlands killing many and catching others including her." I explained to him what said Elder told Jae  and I " that is impossible hyungs our parents  watched him run from the packlands before he could be banished for treason and murder, hell Changmin hyung brought back his finger after he was killed!"  Jack stated " we know that but she saw him, that coupled with stuff she hasn't seen from us and some of the other pack members she has yet to meet that were in her dreams is enough to make Elder Kim worry." Indeed with what Jae said. Jack put his head in his hands muttering " no ing way" over and over for a few minutes before he could calm down and look back at us with a looked of determination " okay so that side trading bastard could be alive and everyone including Winnie is in danger okay." Pausing to catch his breath be fore contining " so we make sure first Winnie is safe and if her dream comes true and he is alive and we survive the possible attack I'll kill him before he can get near Winnie or anyone else." He resolved before taking his seat again to write something down. Looking at me with a worried face Jae nodded toward Jackson as he stabbed at the paper. do we need to worry about him? shaking my head to Jae's silent question he is only thinking what all of us would be thinking. I replied as Jackson looked up at us " how long are you keeping the rest if the guys and Winnie in the dark?" " til Elder Kim thinks she's ready." Jae answered. Nodding Jack picked up the planning sheet before speaking again " we should make sure to get her to Guk hyung to study battle strategy." 

Smiling a bit to myself I knew Jack would be able to help us with this burden.                                                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The packhouse was beyond quiet when I woke up in my chair with my dream book on my lap closed still, tiredness taking over me before I could open it once again. Laying the book on the side table before standing to stretch as I peer out the window to the sun rising once again, signaling that I had slept all night in the chair. Surprised that the guys hadn't woke me up quickly morphed in to a panic as I bolted to the closest room which happened to be Younjae's and flung the door open to a snoring Youngjae. Taking a deep breath I calmly shut the door and moved to the next and so on all the way to Mark's room finding every room with its pack member fast asleep. After I shut the final door I tiptoed back to the living room and paused for a moment just to think. The silence of my pack mates rest was calming and a bit weird, I wasn't used to the quiet. Even in the lab there was machines whiring and beeping, but never was there complete quiet. Looking out the window to the forest I decided I enjoyed the time to my self and that I was going to take advantage of it while I could.

Moving to the front door I found the pair of shoes Jinnie gave me to wear and slipped them on fully before opening the door and stepping out in to the chilled morning air. Closing the door behind me and stepping down onto the ground I walked to the middle of the yard and sat down in the grass shivering slightly from the cold dew. Looking at the site of the trees swaying in the breeze as the morning light changed the colors of the tree's leaves I still couldn't believe I was seeing this in person. I just sat in the grass smiling and taking deep breathes of cool air til i heard a noise in the house that sounded like Jinnie and he sounded worried. Moving to my feet I brush my legs free of grass and dirt so I don't track and inside as I head toward the door and open it and I am welcomed to all of my pack mates in varies stages of morning wake up darting back and forth of the house worried looks upon their faces. Sensing something to b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter