Chapter 4

Falling in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4:

Couple years later:

“Sun Ho…” Chung Jae whispered.

“Mmm?” The younger boy focused on the class and scribbled away everything the teacher was talking about in front.

The slightly older boy did not enjoy English classes. They were extremely difficult, and his brain capacity was not enough to form words that weren’t made for his brain. He was jealous of Sun Ho, because he had some strange motivation to learn another language. He had no difficulties whatsoever, and whenever Chung Jae gave up on his exercises, Sun Ho helped.   

“I don’t get it…” Chung Jae crooned.

“What don’t you get?” Sun Ho shifted his head at him a bit, eyes still at the notebook.

“…anything.”

Sun Ho put his pencil down to the notebook and then finally looked at the older boy. Chung Jae was blushing adorably, ashamed of himself and his clumsy brain. He diverted his gaze and just looked down at the paper, while Sun Ho explained something about past tense. His words tuned out, when Chung Jae just kept staring at him admirably.

“Did you get it?” The younger boy asked.

Dang it, no, Chung Jae had not got it. What had he said? Oh god, why did he suddenly lose his sense of listening? Okay, what was it? Don’t do something. Sun Ho was looking at him, smiling cutely, and when Chung Jae nodded, his best friend tapped his shoulder and continued his assignment.

Shoot, Chung Jae thought.

 

                ~~OO~~

 

“Chung Jae ya!” A group of younger girls were rooting, standing next to the football ((A/N: like we Europeans call it)) pitch. “Park Chung Jae! Park Chung Jae! Chung Jae oppa!”

Chung Jae was annoyed by the girls, even though he felt much more encouraged, and ignored them. Other boys were jealous, and Sun Ho just thought his friend was amazing at football ((A/N: Again how we Europeans prefer it lol)) and deserved every single fangirl and even a boy. He had gotten over the fact that girls did not like his company as much as Chung Jae’s.

When the game ended, Sun Ho hurried to his best friend and hugged him. They had scored many times, using their teamwork, and in the end they had won the game during the break. Chung Jae scoffed and pouted when the club of fangirls pushed Sun Ho away from him and screamed, still rooting for him loud and clear. He hated that.

“Sun Ho, don’t leave me,” Chung Jae begged his friend who was about to walk away.

“You have the girls, silly.” Sun Ho giggled.

 Chung Jae bit his lip and almost let the eyes get glossy from tears. He reached his hand to his best friend’s. Only Sun Ho knew what that meant. It meant that Chung Jae was so terrified and despiteful that he could not be left alone. Besides, his shyness could be seen from afar.

“Sun Ho ya…” Chung Jae said. “I…I want you…I need you…”

The younger boy smiled.

“Okay,”

 

                ~~OO~~

 

Sun Ho turned 9 years old that weekend. Chung Jae was very excited, since usually birthdays with his best friend were the best and the look on his face, when he unwrapped the presents, made Chung Jae’s day.

For weeks Chung Jae had planned what he would wear, and give, to his best friend. But when the day came, Charlie Park announced that Chung Jae had a very high fever. He was forbidden to go to Sun Ho’s important birthday party just because he had some temperature. His dad kept telling him to rest and drink and eat vitamins and not play, but Chung Jae wanted to show that he was fine.

“You will stay home Chung Jae ya,” Charlie commanded. “We don’t want Sun Ho to be sick.”

Chung Jae was crying already, his body too sensitive. He nodded, and nestled to the big pillow he had had since the day he was born, letting the tears fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter