Chapter 1

Falling in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junjin held the small backpack in his hands tightly, biting his lip, and looked around the playground. It was terrifying for his small figure to see so many kids at one place. Small kids, tall kids, big ones and tiny ones, and parents who didn’t really care what their little angels were doing.

“Your first school day is going to begin,” Junjin’s single dad ruffled his hair. “Are you excited?”

The small boy gulped down a bitter lump, hands gripping the backpack tighter, and then looked up at the dad who just grinned proudly. His hand was soon on the shoulder giving strength and courage to Junjin, who had no intentions to walk to the yard. A soft pat from the father made him reluctantly take a huge step closer and gain the attention of the teacher.

“Who do we have here?” She smiled widely.

Junjin looked at his dad horrified and gulped again, as he then mumbled something as an answer. She did not hear it. “Excuse me? What was it?”

“Park…Park Chung Jae…”

She was obviously holding in her laughter when the teeth dug onto the lower lip and the glint of amusement played in her small eyes. Her hand went behind Junjin’s back and she yanked him nearer to the playground where the big kids were teasing the younger kids. That was frightening so Junjin hugged his backpack and looked at his dad shocked, but he just grinned and shoved his hand. It was all right, he was saying.

“Chung Jae ya,” The woman squatted down in front of him. “From now on, you will be a big boy.”

The boy felt the tears welling. He did not want to be a big boy. The teacher cupped his chubby face and it, waving at the dad and telling Junjin to do the same. Junjin broke into tears when th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter