Asking out an Old Friend

For the Sake of Assasination Classroom Movie Premiere
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In Mirai's dressing room...

Haruna:Are you sure you're really going to ask Yamada-kun out on a date?

Mirai:Hey, it's not a date. It's a friendly meal. And yes, I'm going to do it.

Haruna:But he's a Johnny's.

Mirai:So?

Haruna:Hello? "Johnny's"? Don't you think it's a bit risky to ask him out on a friendly meal or whatever? Even if it is friendly, it's still seems like a date between a young Johnny's super idol and an actress who was also his ex co-star and classmate.

Mirai:(hesitating) and what's wrong with that?

Haruna:Remember what happened to Mariya-senpai back in highschool? And that was just a rumor, that even us, who was a horikoshi student, never knew about the truth. What if a local people, or a papparazi caught you guys together? Oh that wouldn't be pretty.

Mirai:Oh my God you are actually right.

Haruna:And since I'm the one who got you guys into "that", I don't wanna feel guilty for the rest of my life so I had to prevent it from happening. Not that I'm jealous of anything...

Mirai:(narrows her eyes) nobody said anything about you being jealous

Haruna:I know. (temporary surprised by her previous statement) W-well, the point is you shouldn't do it.

Mirai:Oh man. Curse him for being Johnny's golden boy

Haruna:It's not his fault though. And it implies to all Johnnys, not just him anyway.

Mirai:Yeah, you're right it's not.

Haruna:I'm sorry, but I think texting eachother is pretty much the limit to your friendship. (shrugs)

Mirai:Oh man, so that means I have to cancel the invitation.

Haruna:Eeeeh??

Mirai:I just invited him for a meal a few minutes ago via mails.

Haruna:Uwaaa, you already asked him?? That was fast!

 

 

********

 

 

Chinen:Yabai. 

Yuto:Mazui na.

Keito:This is really really bad...

The three of them had Ryosuke's phone on their hands as they read the most recent mail that just came in. They were in Ryosuke's house that day.

Ryosuke:What am I suppose to do?? What am I suppose to answer??

Chinen:I can't believe she's actually asking you out on a date. Doesn't she know who you "are"?

Ryosuke:It's not a date! It's a friendly meal. (he corrected)

Chinen:Yeah. whatever...

Yuto:I'm sorry Yama-chan but you'd have to reject her.

Ryosuke:(sighed) I know. But we've clicked so much these past days, if I rejected this, she might never wanna talk to me again.

Keito:I'm sure she'll understand your position if you explain to her. She is your friend after all.

Ryosuke:I know...

Chinen:Unless you reaaaally wanna go out with her that badly?

Ryosuke:No! It's not like that. We're good friends so normally I'd be looking forward to meeting her in person, right?

Yuto:One happy reunion, then BAM! It could be the end of her career. And probably yours if Johnny-sama is really pissed. Plus all the hate she's going to get--

Ryosuke:I know, I know...

Chinen:then tell her no, what are you waiting for?

Keito:Yeah, the longer you kept her hanging without answer, the more painful it becomes when you finally reject her.

Ryosuke:Hey, stop making it sound like she's confessing to me--

Yuto:He's right, Yama-chan. (he handed Ryosuke his phone) Answer her.

Ryosuke sighed.

 

 

********

 


Mirai:Why is he still not answering? He should be rejecting me by now right?

Haruna:Maybe he's afraid to hurt your feeling?

Mirai:Oh, but I don't want to cancel. I'd rather have him rejecting my offer.

Haruna:That's maybe because deep down you both really wanna meet with eachother so badly.

Mirai:You really think so?

Haruna:(nodded)

Mirai:Now I'm even more unable to cancel!

Seeing the dissapointed look in her senpai's face, Haruna couldn't help herself from not giving her sugestion.

Haruna:Ne senpai, the only problem that could happen is when people caught you both on a friendly date together. That would be veeery, scandalous. But what if, you guys aren't seen like being on a date?

Mirai:I'm listening...

Haruna:What if you invite a third person to come over? That wouldn't seem like a date, now would it?

Mirai:Haruna-chan! You're a genius! (approaches Haruna closer and shakes her shoulders)

Haruna:(chuckles) thaanks. Well I don't mind accompanying if senpai wants--

Mirai:I'll invite Miki-kun over too! In that case, we'd seem like having a normal TGQ reunion!

Haruna:... or you could invite Kamiki-kun, right. Yeah... that's exactly what I was going to say (quickly changes her sentence)

Mirai:Haruna-chan you're the best! (hugs Haruna)

Haruna:You're always welcome Mirai-senpai (hugs back with a smile)

Meanwhile Haruna seemed a little uncomfortable hearing this. She wasn't really sure why.

 

 

********

 

 

Ryosuke, was in his room that night, still couldn't make his proper rejection sentence since Mirai invited him to lunch that noon.

 

Yamada Ryosuke: I'm sorry Mirai-chan, but I can't. I really want to, but I really can't do it. You know, idol rules and stuff...

 

He erases the message and threw his phone on his bed. He couldn't do it.

 

 

********

 

 

Mirai: Yo Miki-kun! What's up?

Kamiki: Aside from drama shoots and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter