Catching up With an Old Friend

For the Sake of Assasination Classroom Movie Premiere
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mirai was pacing back and forth nervously, with cellphone in her hand.

Mirai:What should I say... what should I say... what should I say...

She turned at her kouhai who was sitting on a sofa in her dressing room.

Mirai:Haruna-chan, what should I say??

Haruna:Senpai, I think you need to figure out a way to reconcile your friendship again with Yamada-kun on your own. This is not my business.

Mirai:But Haruna-chaan, you're like, currently, the closest girl to him ever. I need your heelp...

Haruna:Closest girl? (she blushed briefly, but the shook it off immediately) I don't think so. We just happen to work together, that's all. Besides, you're the one who's been friends since kids and became classmates in highschool. I really don't understand you two. It's just... weird.

Mirai:Still, you're the only one I know who can heelp meee

Haruna:I'm sorry Mirai-senpai, I really have to get going now. My photoshoot schedule is about to start.

Mirai:B-but...

Before Mirai could continue her sentence, Haruna was already making her way out of the room.

 

 

********

 


It was already dark when Ryosuke just got back from his little vacation with Chinen and Keito. He straightly went up to his room and plopped himself on his bed.That was when his phone beep indicating a mail had just got in. Ryosuke quickly grabbed his phone. A huge grin was formed across his cheeks as he read the name of the sender.

 

Shida Mirai: Haha, It has, ne? It's really weird you know. We've been good friends since elementary school, but when we went to the same high school we barely interact with eachother. You never talked to me during class, nor outside class. It's a shame though. I really miss the old days when you, Miki-kun, and I hang out together.

 

Ryosuke's heart pounded reading her message. He never knew she actually felt that way. Throughout highschool, his friendship with Kamiki got deeper, but he was too shy to continue hangout around Mirai because she grew up to become such a lady, no longer the boyish girl he knew.He just couldn't say anything around her.

 

 

********

 


Mirai buried her face in her pillow right after she pressed the sent button. She was home, in her room, feeling anxious. She thought her message sounded so dull, but she couldn't do anything about it since it's already sent.

Mirai:Yama-chan probably thinks I'm weird. (she thought)

Minutes past, Mirai grew even more nervous.

Mirai:Yappari, I might never get that ticket. Ever.

Just as she starts giving up, her phone beeps. She frantically grabbed it and read it immediately.

 

Yamada Ryosuke: I miss those days too. But I really didn't know how to talk to you back in highschool. Not just you, but any girl. I never considered your feeling as a friend, so I'm really sorry. I hope I can make it up to you though for those years not talking to you.

 

Mirai:(shrieks in happiness) Thank god technology! There's no way we could've had this conversation without emails.

Mirai began typing on her phone.

 

Shida Mirai: It'll be more than great if you invite me to your upcoming movie premiere, Ansatsu Kyous--

 

Mirai:wait a minute, I gotta be subtle! (immediately erases her entire message)

 

 

********

 


Ryosuke's phone beeps.

 

Shida Mirai: It wasn't your fault Yama-chan. I also didn't really know how to talk to you back in highschool. Especially since the school is so strict about boys and girls interaction, so it was really nobody's fault. Then let's start over Yama-chan, we could go back to the old days by staying in touch with eachother. I know you're really busy, so texting via email does

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter