The Sacred Birthday (Part 2)

For the Sake of Assasination Classroom Movie Premiere
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tokyo, May 9th 2015, 07.00, Local Time

 

The next day, just as planned, around 7.00 p.m, the entire surprise troops gathered in Ryosuke’s apartment. They were all done with all the preparations based on the works that Umika and Suzuka had divided, and was ready to organize everything. After they coordinate one last time before they pull out the surprise event, Ryosuke returned to his apartment with Suda, Yuma, and Kenta.

Kenta: I have never had so much fun in my life!

Suda: I have never been so much free in my life!

Ryosuke: I have never felt this sick of games in my life (makes a bored face, then immediately rushed towards the others who were all busy with their works) So? How’s the surprise plan? Is it all set up? What am I suppose to do? What is my role in the surprise plan? You guys didn’t leave me out, didn’t you?!

Kamiki: Dude! Relax! We have everything under control (smirks)

Shuhei: Now we just wait till the moment comes

Ryosuke: (frowns) You don’t need to brief me for anything? At least the key plot of the surprise plan?

Yuto: Nope (shook his head then force Ryosuke to take a sit on the couch) You just sit, relax, and follow the entire video call

Ryosuke: (looks at the others suspiciously)

Then, suddenly Ryosuke’s apartment phone rang.

Ryosuke: I’ll get that (rushes to pick up the phone call) Hello? This is Yamada residence

Man in the phone: Good evening sir. We’re from your local electricity authority

Ryosuke: Can I help you?

Man in the phone: We’re here to inform you that apparently, there’s gonna be a temporary blackout during 11.00p.m tonight until 01.00 a.m on 10th may

Ryosuke: WHAT?! (abruptly stood up from his chair)

Keito: What is it?! What’s wrong??

Ryosuke: Can’t you delay the blackout for an hour later??

Man in the phone: I’m sorry sir, we don’t decide the time of the blackout. The orders were given from the centralized authority

Ryosuke: But there shouldn’t be a blackout in a country as advanced as Japan! This doesn’t make any sense!

Man in the phone: We’ve experience some energy deficiency ever since the nuclear reactor crisis so don’t expect us to suddenly be on our feet as fast as that

Ryosuke: But two years have passed ever since it happened!

Man in the phone: What do you kids know about our national energy urgencies!

Ryosuke: Hey, I’m no kid, I’m a 22 year old grown adult by today! (glances a the room clock) Well, I will be exactly 22 years old 11.13 p.m today!

Man in the phone: Shouldn’t you be asleep during those hours of the blackout? Why do you complain so much?

Ryosuke: What do you know! You have no idea what I went through this week for those two precious hours!

Ryosuke immediately close the phone shut in rage. All pairs of eyes inside the room was at him, waiting for his explanation about his sudden tantrum.

Ryosuke: There’s gonna be a temporary blackout tonight starting from 11.00 p.m (sigh)

Everyone: EH?!!

Umika: WHAT?! NOOO

Keito: Aw man, the internet connection relies on the electricity!

Suzuka: What are we going to do now?!

Takaki: Does this mean we’re gonna cancel everything?!

Ryosuke: No we’re not! We need to figure out a plan B!

Yabu: Is there any way we can still look for a way to use the connection without electricity?

Chinen: Don’t worry! (steps in front of the others) Leave it to me! I’ll make sure everything will be under control

The boys: KAKKEEE~

Chinen: Ryosuke, you still have your phone on right? Nothing wrong wih the signals, right?

Ryosuke: Yeah (tooks out the phone out of his pocket)

Chinen: Is your laptop fully charged?

Ryosuke: I guess so. Last time I check

Chinen: How long does the battery last for?

Ryosuke: I think it’s about 8 hours?

Chinen: Good. Yuto, take Ryosuke’s laptop and bring it here. Do you have a 2 wire brand router? It should take in 5Volts

Ryosuke: Err…. Not sure (scrathes his head)

Chinen: Keito, look into Ryosuke’s room and find the router. If he doesn’t have one then we’ll have to buy it

Keito: Got it!

Chinen: And we also need a plug that fits our router’s power jack, and a USB cord to make a special power chord. Does anyone here knows how to make one?

Hikaru: I’ll do it! (raises his hand) I think I know how to do it. Or I can search for the manuals in the net while we still can

Yabu: I’ll help Hikaru on that

Inoo: I’ll help out too

Chinen: Once we get all the basic equipments, we can transfer the power from Ryosuke’s laptop battery to power the router so we can use the internet connection during the blackout

Daiki: Chinen! That’s brilliant!

Ryosuke, catching Chinen’s urgent orders and his friends coming to his aid, snapped out of his daze. He glance at his watch.

Ryosuke: Guys, we only have three hours to make a change of plan. While Chinen and the others deal with the connection, Umika-chan and Suzu-chan, can you guys figure out a way to change the lighting of the room decoration and arrangement so that Mirai-chan can still see us during the conference?

Umika & Suzuka: Got it!

Suzuka: We’ll figure something out!

Ryosuke: And, Haruna-chan, is there any way you can contact Mirai-chan’s manager? I think it would be wiser to ask her assistance

Haruna: (nods) Got it. Leave it to me (she immediately took out her phone and began dialing)

Within the sudden change of plans, the entire group began to dismiss to do their respective jobs. Ryosuke suddenly felt extremely lucky to have them by his side during times like these.

Suddenly, Ryosuke felt hands over his shoulders. As he look back, he found Shuhei, Kamiki and Suda, staring at him.

Shuhei: Sorry buddy

Ryosuke: EH?!

Shuhei proceed to hug him, which gotten him even more puzzled. But then later on he realized he wasn’t attempting to hug him at all. Instead, he was holding him down along with Suda from the other side of him, as Kamiki wraps a cloth around his eyes and tied it tightly from behind

Ryosuke: Hey! What the hell are you guys doing?!!

Kamiki: Despite the whole plan B thing, this is still a surprise for you too, so we’re gonna proceed with that

Ryosuke: EH?!

Ryosuke felt his body was dragged towards somewhere in the room and forced to sit on a soft surface. He guessed it was probably his living room couch. Then, someone tied Ryosuke’s hands behind his shoulder

Ryosuke: What the hell is this for?!!

Suda: Now you just need to sit, relax, and wait (laughs)

The three boys gave a final tap at his shoulder before they left him completely defenseless and blinded in his seat.

 

 

********

 

 

California, May 9th 2015, 05.00, Local Time

 

Mirai woke up abruptly from her sleep the moment dawn welcomed California. It was still incredibly early, and she had a rough day the day before, attending meetings with foreign people to arrange her schedules and discussing about her wardrobe choice. She barely had any rest after her long flight from Tokyo, but despite all that, she still couldn’t sleep. Ryosuke still didn’t answer her calls, even after she tried calling him again in between her small breaks. She had missed his birthday without even getting a chance to say anything to him. Now she was sure he was mad at her. Guilt dawned upon her and it was really messing up with her mind. There’s no way she could sleep properly and peacefully with all those negative thoughts building up in her head.

She opens her hotel window wide and stare at the scenery ahead. It was still dark, and she could see the lights of the city from her room window. It was beautiful but it did not manage to ease Mirai’s thoughts at all.

In the middle of her deliberation, suddenly her hotel room opened. Mirai was still in her sleeping wardrobe, and her instant reaction was to jump back to her bed and hid herself behind her covers.

Chie: Mirai-chan, it’s me

Mirai: (opens the covers) GOSH! You surprised me! Couldn’t you at least knock on the door?! Just because you're my manager you can’t do whatever you want

Mirai looked up at her manager and was surprised to find her fully dressed. However, the fatigue in her face was evident, and she seemed somehow a bit annoyed.

Chie: Hurry up and get dressed

Mirai: EH?! Right now?

Chie: We have an emergency meeting

Mirai: WHAT? (glances at the watch) But it’s still 05.00 a.m in the morning!

Chie: Just do it (her demanding tone intensifies) We’re doing the meeting at my room starting from 5.30

Mirai: EHH?!

Chie: You have thirty minutes to get ready and immediately come to my room

Mirai: Seriously?! Does that mean we’re going directly to the premiere afterwards? Am I suppose to wear my yukata from now?

Chie: No questions! End of discussion!

Mirai: EEH?!

Chie: I’ll be leaving (walks away from the room towards the door) And don’t you dare to be late! (shuts the door behind her)

Mirai: (clicks her tongue in annoyance) What was that all about

She got up from her bed immediately, took a shower and prepares herself for the day

 

 

********

 

 

Mirai did her best to finish her preparation as fast as she could. Since Chie didn’t answer her questions, she decided to wear the yukata she was going to wear to the premiere in case she wouldn’t have anymore time to get a change of cloth. As soon as she arrive in front of Chie’s room, she knocks on the door.

Chie: (opens the door and checks on her watch) You’re five minutes early

She led Mirai into her room. Mirai was surprised to find the room light rather dim. It was still dark outside, but instead of using the main light to illuminate the room, Chie uses some translucent colorful light inside small cubicles of transparent materials. Moreover, the light was arranged in a certain decorative way encircling a path that leads towards her bed. The decorative pattern was also oriented towards the TV monitor that was right across the bed.

Suspicion began to rise in Mirai’s mind.

Mirai: Um…. Chie-san… did you… forget to clean up your room? I mean…maybe you’ve been doing something last night? With a guy perhaps? Or not?

Chie: (blushes) What the hell are you talking about?! I had a peaceful sleep last night!

Mirai: (lifts her arms in the air in retreat) Alright, alright… but are we seriously going to have an emergency meeting here? With this kind of atmosphere and room set up? Don’t you think it’s kinda gross?

Chie: (sighs) Just take a seat and get yourself comfortable on my bed

Mirai still had her suspicion and looks of distrust at Chie, but she proceed to follow her instructions.

Chie: Now I’m going to leave you for the time being. Bye!

Mirai: EH?!

Before Mirai could express her confusion more, Chie had already disappeared behind the door. Mirai could hear Chie’s room lock made some clicking sound. She was locking her inside the room!

Mirai: HEY! What the hell is going on in here?!

Panic was beginning to attack Mirai. Negative thoughts began racing through her mind. Chie might be conspiring with someone to get rid of her that day, she might hate her so much she wanted to end her career immediately. Now t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter